• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

rando14

I have had secret sympathy for Seattle knowing they have never won and that is a big part of the reason I wanted them to at least make the Super Bowl. I am only old enough to remember the Super Bowl wins and none of the losses.

I cannot know how I would react to the loss. I personally think they are the more balanced better team. The NFL poll sad about 2/3 of the pollsters think the Broncos will win too. They already shown they can dominate a great D by beating KC four times since Peyton arrived in Denver. I think they will win, but I will be happy for Seattle too if they shake the Super Bowl hump. Bitterly happy.

You're good people, Hunter. :)

With your true calling of my little ponies. I cant take your vitriol seriously. Its like how you walk past a skate park and you have 13 year olds smoking cigarettes and one tries to show how tough he is by saying something to you. Game is still soft as the cotton candy in your left hand.

Even with this avatar I am still tougher than you. You dont have the mental toughness to wear it without running away. And to think I would have given you a $20 tip.

eznark

Banned
Even with this avatar I am still tougher than you. You dont have the mental toughness to wear it without running away. And to think I would have given you a $20 tip.

image.php

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless 22m
Richard Sherman made the NFL's Play of Year last nite. Cinched his status as NFL's Best CB. Unfortunately, not enough focus on THAT.

I want to see the all-22 of that play, there had to be a better option than a double covered Crabtree. =/

Yup. During his post game interview, Kap said he saw "single coverage on Crabtree, and I'll take that any day." SMH, Kap. Not to mention, it was first down, with 2 timeouts left.... God damnit now I am angry again

jakncoke

Banned

My account was vandalized for a solid year or 2 , Pretty sure a Seahawks avatar and this tag is worse that 100 episode marathon of MLP.

eznark

Banned

Godslay

Banned
I have had secret sympathy for Seattle knowing they have never won and that is a big part of the reason I wanted them to at least make the Super Bowl. I am only old enough to remember the Super Bowl wins and none of the losses.

I cannot know how I would react to the loss. I personally think they are the more balanced better team. The NFL poll sad about 2/3 of the pollsters think the Broncos will win too. They already shown they can dominate a great D by beating KC four times since Peyton arrived in Denver. I think they will win, but I will be happy for Seattle too if they shake the Super Bowl hump. Bitterly happy.

I agree with the comments about KC. They gave us a great gift in a division rival. Their defense I feel honed the OL, and the offense by default. Having to protect against premier pass rushers, very good DTs, and a group of good LBs, really pushed these guys. I honestly think that without them, we wouldn't have made it as far.

I think the same can be said about SD. Them dominating both lines in the second game, gave the Broncos a push to play a slightly different style. More physical on the lines, a bit more methodical on the offense, and more control over the game in terms of TOP. The defense has definitely stepped their game up since that loss.

I really think that have good division rivals with varying skills helps to expose a teams weaknesses, and therefore allows them to correct them. I'm sure Seattle can attest to that to some degree, although I think that their division is much more geared towards their own style of play.

As far as Seattle winning, I'd be okay with that as long as it's a clean game. Wouldn't catch any salt from me.

linkboy

Boldin looks like he is coming wide, wide open. No way should he have thrown to 11 except as a third/fourth read. That's a four yard gain. Seattle can tackle.

Even a 4yd completion with Patton going out of bounds is better than trying to force a ball to Crabtree while covered by the best DB in the game.

mkenyon

Banned
Also wanted to say, Niners remain the second classiest away fans, after Packers. Lots of high fives to be found for everyone, even when we were down.

Anilx3

Right, my point isn't that they can escape the money it's they can defer it over more years or at least get something in return for him. If they get a QB they like in a draft pick for him, he'll be a cheap replacement pretty much through the end of Brady's contract.

Oh ok, I see your point, yeah I guess they could try to stretch the contract out longer, rework it again. But it would be up to Brady to do that though, would he considering his age? Also, restructuring contracts of old veterans to push off the eventual piper is how the Steelers, Giants, and Jets ended up in cap hell, avoiding that is one of the ways the Pats have been able to sustain success.

If Brady does not agree to a restructure they are stuck with him through 2017 if he finishes next season for them. If they try to trade him they will absorb a lot of dead money, again cap flexibility has been one of the Pats keys to success.

Boldin looks like he is coming wide, wide open. No way should he have thrown to 11 except as a third/fourth read. That's a four yard gain. Seattle can tackle.

It's 1st and ten at the 18, 28 seconds and 2 timeouts, and he would obviously go out of bounds. 4 yards would be just fine. Preferable, even; why leave any time on the clock?

Doomsayer

Bro, at least you didn't have a receiver with open field in front of him randomly trip on the 35 yard line because reasons.

Damn turf monster.

I got hit by the turf monster yesterday, during half time of the Pats-Broncos we had a pseudo-Football game. I ate shit so hard after making a "sideline" catch. Feelsbadman.

I agree with the comments about KC. They gave us a great gift in a division rival. Their defense I feel honed the OL, and the offense by default. Having to protect against premier pass rushers, very good DTs, and a group of good LBs, really pushed these guys. I honestly think that without them, we wouldn't have made it as far.

I think the same can be said about SD. Them dominating both lines in the second game, gave the Broncos a push to play a slightly different style. More physical on the lines, a bit more methodical on the offense, and more control over the game in terms of TOP. The defense has definitely stepped their game up since that loss.

I really think that have good division rivals with varying skills helps to expose a teams weaknesses, and therefore allows them to correct them. I'm sure Seattle can attest to that to some degree, although I think that their division is much more geared towards their own style of play.

As far as Seattle winning, I'd be okay with that as long as it's a clean game. Wouldn't catch any salt from me.

I agree. I admit, I was worried earlier in the season, because the "Broncos haven't beat anyone good" narrative had some truth to it. If KC and SD hadn't provided the competition they did, the Broncos wouldn't be as good as they are now - particularly the offensive line and the run defense, in my opinion.

Talon

Damn turf monster.

I got hit by the turf monster yesterday, during half time of the Pats-Broncos we had a pseudo-Football game. I ate shit so hard after making a "sideline" catch. Feelsbadman.
Is that you, Harry Douglas?

Did you again cost your team the game?

eznark

Banned
It's 1st and ten at the 18, 28 seconds and 2 timeouts, and he would obviously go out of bounds. 4 yards would be just fine. Preferable, even; why leave any time on the clock?

Well, strategically speaking, I think the best option for the 49er's (and the playcalling showed it) were sail routs and seam routes. Once you get inside the 10 those routes become a little bit tougher as the seam gets packed and the safeties can cheat to the corners.

I'm not saying gaining yards would've necessarily been a bad thing and it would've been better than the pick obviously, but without the run SF's offense really is mostly vertical and you need some room to operate. Getting to like the 8 would make it a lot harder for that team to score via the pass. Of course they had two timeouts and didn't need to save one for a field goal so they could've at least taken a shot with Kaep keeper from there too.

Dunno. I think I would've just like to see them take 4 shots into the endzone like they did. Obviously not against Sherman.

If you want to throw 1v1 when they're playing press man that's one thing but the coverage is totally wrong for that kind of throw.

Alex Smith would've checked out of that throw.

Did you ever watch him play? Dude was one of the most exciting players to ever play college football.

Who knows if it translates to the pros but people loving Manziel were the ones who actually watched the guys turn a garbage Texas A&M team into must watch football every week.

You never saw Bo or Herschel play in college.

Now that I've heard the full story behind Sherman/Crabtree fuck Crabtree.

Sherman's brother told the Seattle Times that the Sherman-Crabtree feud began last summer, when both players attended a charity event hosted by Arizona Cardinals star receiver Larry Fitzgerald.

Crabtree tried to start a fight with Sherman after the star cornerback attempted to shake hands with the receiver, Sherman's brother told the Times.

Sherman acknowledged in his mmqb.com column that Crabtree said something to him in Arizona this past offseason.

After the interception, Sherman ran over to Crabtree and gave him a pat on the backside then appeared to extend his arm for a handshake. Instead, Sherman got shoved in the face before picking up a personal foul as his celebration continued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom