• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I know how you Seattle types want to be all indie and misunderstood, but you're in a Super Bowl game that you have a good chance of winning. Time to put aside the Starbucks that you poured into a paper cup from some local, shitty brewhouse and realize you're no longer the underdogs.
Look, I'm not the kind of fan to :kas it up and pretend that my team shits gold on a constant basis. Our defense is amazing, but our offense has serious playcalling issues that have almost costed us games all year.

Getting only 3 points after two turnovers near the other team's endzone is just sad. Losing a game after picking off the other team four times at home is pathetic.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Look, I'm not the kind of fan to :kas it up and pretend that my team shits gold on a constant basis. Our defense is amazing, but our offense has serious playcalling issues that have almost costed us games all year.

Getting only 3 points after two turnovers near the other team's endzone is just sad.

You. Are. In. The. Super. Bowl.

Doomsayer

Getting only 3 points after two turnovers near the other team's endzone is just sad. Losing a game after picking off the other team four times at home is pathetic.

Yeah I would be legitimately concerned with your offense going into the bowl. Luckily the Broncos defense is nothing special and not even close to the same level as the 49ers D. If that happened while playing Denver (at home as well) you get at least 10 points. Honestly, Russel didn't do anything except for that 4th down throw (huge play mind you). We can't turn the ball over three times in the 4th. =/

Why doesn't Bevel call more bootlegs? You guys were killing teams with that in the beginning of the year.

mkenyon

Banned
We. Haven't. Won. Yet.

We. Might. Lose. And. This. Is. Why.
Oh stop already, for fucks sake.

I've been a Hawks fan as long as I can remember, and have more reasons than a lot of people in this thread to be cynical. But come on, have some hope. This is going to be a great game.

bionic77

Hawks fans stop crying.

And the pass I loved from Kap yesterday was that bullet on leg to Boldin for the 25ish yard TD. Amazing play. Almost made up for his first retarded INT.

I never said he was. I just find it odd that Crabs starts shit with a guy who's a notorious shit-talker and then Niner fans get salty when he gets embarrassed for it. Your boy brought all of this on himself.

That's rich coming from you. Have fun at the Pro Bowl.

Bro, you really think Sherman would have kept his mouth shut if Crabtree didn't shove him in the face?

cdyhybrid

Yeah I would be legitimately concerned with your offense going into the bowl. Luckily the Broncos defense is nothing special and not even close to the same level as the 49ers D. If that happened while playing Denver (at home as well) you get at least 10 points. Honestly, Russel didn't do anything except for that 4th down throw (huge play mind you). We can't turn the ball over three times in the 4th. =/

Why doesn't Bevel call more bootlegs? You guys were killing teams with that in the beginning of the year.

They're probably afraid of getting Russell killed.

I don't understand the whole "You're going to the Super Bowl so your team could not possibly be better than it is" thing.

Bro, you really think Sherman would have kept his mouth shut if Crabtree didn't shove him in the face?

Maybe, maybe not. We'll never know. But he did shove him, and that's what happened. Again, Crabtree started this whole thing way before the shove in the face.

squicken

Bless you, John Football

One of the greatest traditions at Texas A&M is the recognition of the “12th Man,” the collective enthusiasm of the Aggies fan base.

The Seahawks’ fan base also calls themselves the “12th Man,” as they’re quite a rowdy bunch. In fact, on Dec. 2, 2013 when Seattle played New Orleans at CenturyLink Field, Seahawks fans registered a decibel reading of 137.6, a Guinness Book World Record.

But Manziel doesn’t want anyone to forget where the 12th Man started.

Late Sunday night, he Instagrammed the following photo with the caption, “REAL 12th man #GIGEM”

7d048e3e818c11e3b0d10m9pdu.jpg

ShaneB

Oh stop already, for fucks sake.

I've been a Hawks fan as long as I can remember, and have more reasons than a lot of people in this thread to be cynical. But come on, have some hope. This is going to be a great game.

Agreed, stay positive and hope for the best!

edit: Chris Wesseling's Father passed away :( Love the ATL podcast, so hope he's doing ok.

I hope Peyton destroys the Seahawks defense. I don't give a fuck about NFC vs AFC, rooting for the Seahawks is like rooting for the Dodgers. Can't do it.

Yes, I am salty, but I have every fucking right to be so.

Gonna be a good game, the Superbowl. Let us all be realistic here, the Broncos receiving core >>>>>>> the 49ers receiving core.

Crisco

Banned
Hawks fans stop crying.

And the pass I loved from Kap yesterday was that bullet on leg to Boldin for the 25ish yard TD. Amazing play. Almost made up for his first retarded INT.

It was a sick throw, but that Seahawks db was an idiot for trying to get physical with Boldin. You're never going to win that battle with him.

eznark

Banned
They can restructure that again into payouts over the next dozen years if they want, assuming Brady goes quietly. If not, they can trade him. He is relatively cheap at $14m cap a year.

I believe even if you trade a player, the team is still on the hook for the guaranteed money on their cap, meaning the Pats are still on the hook for that $30M guaranteed signing bonus.

Also, according to this article, http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...n-tom-bradys-contract-extension-with-patriots, if Brady makes it through next year, his contract from 2015 to 2017 will be fully guaranteed as well. This is the reason he took a below market deal in the first place, more guarantees.

Right, my point isn't that they can escape the money it's they can defer it over more years or at least get something in return for him. If they get a QB they like in a draft pick for him, he'll be a cheap replacement pretty much through the end of Brady's contract.

Doomsayer

It was a sick throw, but that Seahawks db was an idiot for trying to get physical with Boldin. You're never going to win that battle with him.

One of the first times Kaep threaded the needle all year. Hope to see more of that from him next season, maybe not the jump pass but making tight throws like that.

Vernon was an absolute no show.

It was a battle for 60 minutes, it's one of those games no matter who wins it's great. I just wish I was on the other side of the outcome.

eznark

Banned
One of the first times Kaep threaded the needle all year. Hope to see more of that from him next season, maybe not the jump pass but making tight throws like that.

Vernon was an absolute no show.

It was a battle for 60 minutes, it's one of those games no matter who wins it's great. I just wish I was on the other side of the outcome.

LJ mentioned a number of times that Davis was essentially running free on a number of plays and Kap simply didn't find him.

Doomsayer

LJ mentioned a number of times that Davis was essentially running free on a number of plays and Kap simply didn't find him.

Kaep sometimes seems to force things to the outside. I don't know why he never throws to Vernon in between the numbers - it's possibly mental but it's frustrating.

Don't know if it was discussed yet, but the 4th down and 7 4 verts call was not the actual play call, but an auto adjustment by the receivers after seeing the flag:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/425129385205587968

Seems like a smart thing to have built in as there's no real downside.

I know some teams have that built in, it happened to the dolphins this year but they just stood around looking like the idiots they are.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wonder what the Jets would be willing to offer for Brady?

Whatever it takes to make it happen. Would be right up there with Brett Favre as the greatest QB to ever don a Jets jersey.

Brady is still a top 10 QB, obviously on the downside but if the Patriots had any faith in Mallett they would be moving on. I don't think they do.

eznark

Banned
Kaep sometimes seems to force things to the outside. I don't know why he never throws to Vernon in between the numbers - it's possibly mental but it's frustrating.

Yeah, he is definitely willing to take more chances outside. It feels rare to see him throw into traffic across the middle. Brought it up yesterday and Niners fans seemed to be split on whether that was accurate or not. Obviously the closest games I watch him are against GB and we never have enough defenders near the ball to call it "traffic"

Talon

Yeah, he is definitely willing to take more chances outside. It feels rare to see him throw into traffic across the middle. Brought it up yesterday and Niners fans seemed to be split on whether that was accurate or not. Obviously the closest games I watch him are against GB and we never have enough defenders near the ball to call it "traffic"
There's got to be a pass distribution map for him somewhere.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Manziel is not a top 10 QB. The QB's in this years draft are weak. I don't understand the love affair with Manziel.

Did you ever watch him play? Dude was one of the most exciting players to ever play college football.

Who knows if it translates to the pros but people loving Manziel were the ones who actually watched the guys turn a garbage Texas A&M team into must watch football every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom