• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Sherm and Earl talk during the game. Lots of guys talk during the game. Brady talks during the game. You ever seen Phil Rivers play? It's part of the game. It's not that weird. Do they talk more than a lot of guys? Yeah, but they're far from the only ones doing it.

There was nothing that bad about what Crabtree said, that's why I find it so hard to believe that that was all there was to it. If Sherm wanted to talk just to get attention he wouldn't need to scream into the mic like that, he could just post some shit on Twitter or something. There's clearly some bad blood between him and Crabs that goes beyond things that happened this week.

I love sherman, he's exciting and he backs up his play the majority of the time. That being said, I'm not sure what side your on, but I believe you're saying most players leave it on the field. I agree with that, there really isn't a player who doesn't jaw during a game outside of based Tebow and Wilson, but taking it off the field is pretty stupid... regardless it's been entertaining, but Sherman is no question a douche.

cdyhybrid

I love sherman, he's exciting and he backs up his play the majority of the time. That being said, I'm not sure what side your on, but I believe you're saying most players leave it on the field. I agree with that, there really isn't a player who doesn't jaw during a game outside of based Tebow and Wilson, but taking it off the field is pretty stupid... regardless it's been entertaining, but Sherman is no question a douche.

Yeah, I'm saying that most of the time it does get left on the field. They'll talk to guys like Luck and Fitz but if you ask Sherm and Earl about it post game, it doesn't leave the field and they'll usually compliment the guy.

Sherm takes it off the field when he has a problem with someone, and he clearly has a pretty big problem with Crabtree.

Nameless

I think you need to peel back the onion way before the game if you want to be objective.

I've seen Sherman talk crap and also give props as well. But he backs it up with on and off field play.

All this is really really just funny. I love it.

My main point is don't act tough for the cameras when you weren't acting tough when the guy's hand was shoving your head backwards.

I asked in the other thread, do you see things going down like with this with Kam Chancellor?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah, I'm saying that most of the time it does get left on the field. They'll talk to guys like Luck and Fitz but if you ask Sherm and Earl about it post game, it doesn't leave the field and they'll usually compliment the guy.

Sherm takes it off the field when he has a problem with someone, and he clearly has a pretty big problem with Crabtree.

Yeah, but he's getting too dramatic IMO, again it's his thing he backs it up, but plenty of players have nasty rivalrys, they don't have to take it off the field.

bionic77

Brady has taunted the Steelers during some games at Heinz field and I remember him talking serious shit about the Ravens but who gives a fuck about him or Sherman?

Shut the punk up on the field. It is always better to be classy after games but if you don't want a punk to talk shit then beat him on the field.

Personally I want those borderline insane trash talkers on my team because they are often the best players. That talk gives them extra motivation in a game where they get paid millions whether they win or lose.

What would rather hear? Eli and Ben talking about how amazing the other team is or Sherman acting the fool after the game shitting on Crabtree or Brady? I prefer the latter!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'd pay money to watch Richard Sherman fight Tom Brady.

Lolwut... most 1 sided fight ever. Leave that shit for hockey.

Brady has taunted the Steelers during some games at Heinz field and I remember him talking serious shit about the Ravens but who gives a fuck about him or Sherman?

Shut the punk up on the field. It is always better to be classy after games but if you don't want a punk to talk shit then beat him on the field.

Personally I want those borderline insane trash talkers on my team because they are often the best players. That talk gives them extra motivation in a game where they get paid millions whether they win or lose.

What would rather hear? Eli and Ben talking about how amazing the other team is or Sherman acting the fool after the game shitting on Crabtree or Brady? I prefer the latter!

I don't really remember Tom publicly calling out really anybody... usually their strategy is to stay silent, I mean hell Welker got benched with his little foot soldier gag. That being said on the field it's a different story. Remember when that scrub safety on your team (Anthony smith?), guaranteed the victory in 07? Then on the first drive of the game, deep ball right over his head. The only thing I remember from Tom is the embarrasing "17 points?!" even when he said that I was like, nice set yourself up for failure, better put up.

editedit- I could be wrong BTW, not guaranteeing anything here

That was great when Brady said fuck you to the Squealer fans.

cdyhybrid

My main point is don't act tough for the cameras when you weren't acting tough when the guy's hand was shoving your head backwards.

I asked in the other thread, do you see things going down like with this with Kam Chancellor?

Can you clarify what you mean with the bolded? Like what would you have wanted him to do to justify it or qualify as "acting tough"? Throw a punch at Crabs after the shove or something?

If he has a problem with him then meet up and fight.

Not everyone settles their problems like they do in Gata land!

Yeah, but he's getting too dramatic IMO, again it's his thing he backs it up, but plenty of players have nasty rivalrys, they don't have to take it off the field.

Fair enough. He's usually more reserved and snarky than this even when he brings it off the field, though. He's never gone ballistic like that before.

Tom Penny

Anthony Smith perhaps :jnc

rokkerkory

Sherman got into Crab's head and is too smart to retaliate which may incite fines and penalties against him and team if huge fight broke out. Crab/Kap got beat by a good play, that stuff happens to the best players.

I watched plenty of videos of him and he gives as much props as he talks smack. That's what makes him Sherman.

Anyways, it's done and over, I wished everyone just dropped this discussion. So many other great plays we can talk about like Doug Baldwin coming up big on return or D stopping Gore or D unable to stop Kap running.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Can you clarify what you mean with the bolded? Like what would you have wanted him to do to justify it or qualify as "acting tough"? Throw a punch at Crabs after the shove or something?

Not everyone settles their problems like they do in Gata land!

Fair enough. He's usually more reserved and snarky than this even when he brings it off the field, though. He's never gone ballistic like that before.

I liken it to the KG thing on the celts... he calls villanueva a cancer patient, and shitty Charlie runs and babbles it to the media and twitter like a little bitch, meanwhile nobody on his team thought that was the way of handling it.

bionic77

Anthony Smith perhaps :jnc
Shitty players deserve to get shit on. When we shut the Pats down and made Tammy look foolish 2 years ago our defenders also celebrated and talked shit.

And since Spygstw when Tammy has gone 8-8 most teams that have sent them home also did it with relish and vigor.

Part of sports.

Shitty players deserve to get shit on. When we shut the Pats down and made Tammy look foolish 2 years ago our defenders also celebrated and talked shit.

And since Spygstw when Tammy has gone 8-8 most teams that have sent them home also did it with relish and vigor.

Part of sports.

Too bad the Steelers will never beat Tom in the playoffs.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Part of sports.

Agreed, but the whole post-spygate thing is so overblown... what's the steelers pats head to head post spygate? What's Peyton's post spygate record? Both Tom and Peyton have been to 2 superbowls, we'll see what happens with Peyton, but if he lost, wouldn't they be in the same boat now? Tom broke the record post spygate, then peyton broke his. I'm not gonna get into it too deeply, but the whole spygate thing is so stupidly overblown.

edit- not to mention toms multiple records post spygate TD-INT ratio, consecutive attempts without INT. If you wanna get on something post spygate get on the defense, but I still think it's just a cop out move from a bunch of bitter fans, considering multiple coaches and teams have come to his defense saying everybody does it.

Afrikan

I have a hard time believing Brady wouldn't do something like that

I'm talking about before the game starts...during warm ups on the field... how many times have we seen Seahawks players trying to start shit?

I find it hard to believe Brady is on the field warming up and then goes looking for Sherman and Earl (who are peacefully meditating).. to start shit.

or it could be.

Brady and other Patriots players warming up... Sherm and Earl going out of their way to get Brady's attention to get in his head before the game...only for Brady to respond by saying see him after the game. I mean that is like the softest way of still standing your ground without talking shit.

again, I don't have a problem with Sherm playing mind games....but I do have a problem when it is AFTER the fact...results are in.....and then you go chasing people? Touching them? Slapping their ass...lol. when it is obvious you are trying to incite them at an emotional moment. Why take the chance of them getting in serious trouble? What if Crabtree snapped a tried to choke Sherm with his own dreads even with teammates coming to his rescue...and not letting go.

Sherman wouldn't do that in real life so why do it when you have so much protection around?

not saying Sherman is scared of anyone or can't fight...but I don't think he would slap Crabtree like that in the parking lot after the game trying to incite him for the chance of Crabtree REALLY taking a swing at him...because it wouldn't be worth what might happen for either player.

bionic77

Too bad the Steelers will never beat Tom in the playoffs.
Ms I think it's even since spygate.

Gata I get more satisfaction watching scrubs like Sanchez and Flacco clown on you and then my team dispatching them with ease on our way to the Super Bowl. We won 2 in the last 10 years and have been 3 times. How about your two teams?

Ms I think it's even since spygate.

Gata I get more satisfaction watching scrubs like Sanchez and Flacco clown on you and then my team dispatching them with ease on our way to the Super Bowl. We won 2 in the last 10 years and have been 3 times. How about your two teams?

We have been to the Super Bowl 4 times in the past 10 years winning 2 and losing 2.

Plus 1 more if you go back 12 years.

Nameless

Sherm could have did what he did in front of Erin Andrews in front of Crabs. He could have given him a shove back like most players do when they're pushed or mushed. Something, anything, that mirrored the aggression he showed for the guy after he had left the field.

Again it's something I'm sure all of us have seen in day to day life. Where a person cowers from a confrontation in real-time, only to act like Big Billy Bad Ass once there's distance or people between them.

I mean Bruce Irvin was prepared to kill Jimmy for less.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Bionic I don't count 08 I'm talking Tom Brady era, here are the numbers.

2007 Pats W 34-13
2010 Pats W 39-26
2011 Steelers W 25-17
2013 Pats W 55-31

I may be wrong on some of these numbers. Again Post spygate thing is crap at least regarding Tom, he's lit it up post spygate whenever he's been given valid weapons. IMO 2009 was his worst year, even worse than this year, and it was the ACL recovery that held him back.

edit- As for the peyton Choking thing, I often honestly believe that the whole clutch thing is overblown, there are players who shrivel, and there is no denying Peyton has done it in his career... for the most part that is over, but he imo had a chance to take control of his last SB and he threw a pick six. That being said the difference between Tom and Peyton is so minor, they're both great in their own way. No football fan can objectively look at who was playing for the pats and think that unit was capable of putting up good numbers.

bionic77

Bionic I don't count 08 I'm talking Tom Brady era, here are the numbers.

2007 Pats W 34-13
2010 Pats W 39-26
2011 Steelers W 25-17
2013 Pats W 55-31

I may be wrong on some of these numbers. Again Post spygate thing is crap at least regarding Tom, he's lit it up post spygate whenever he's been given valid weapons. IMO 2009 was his worst year, even worse than this year, and it was the ACL recovery that held him back.
08 counts. A lot of the teams we fielded were garbage in those years. If 08 counts than neither does this year because our defense was Colts bad.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
08 counts. A lot of the teams we fielded were garbage in those years. If 08 counts than neither does this year because our defense was Colts bad.

Again it doesn't count for my argument I'm talking Brady here, not the franchise.

edit- even if it did it would be 3-2 by my numbers for the record, but again that's not my argument.

Good thing Sherman isn't as insecure about his penis size as these Niners fans or he would be throwing punches every game and would be suspended for the Super Bowl

Nameless

Sherman got into Crab's head and is too smart to retaliate which may incite fines and penalties against him and team if huge fight broke out. Crab/Kap got beat by a good play, that stuff happens to the best players.

I watched plenty of videos of him and he gives as much props as he talks smack. That's what makes him Sherman.

Anyways, it's done and over, I wished everyone just dropped this discussion. So many other great plays we can talk about like Doug Baldwin coming up big on return or D stopping Gore or D unable to stop Kap running.

Trolling someone seconds after they failed at a goal in heart breaking fashion isn't really getting into someones head. Their head is already fucked. And there are scuffles every game that don't result it any disciplinary action so I don't buy that.

And if he wanted to be smart and genuine he would have approached Crabs after the game. Maybe Crabs blows him off, but he has no reason to mush him.

Hey remember when you guys beat us and you were happy?
djag.png

?

Was I that happy? It was just a preseason game.

rokkerkory

Trolling someone seconds after they failed at a goal in heart breaking fashion isn't really getting into someones head. Their head is already fucked. And there are scuffles every game that don't result it any disciplinary action so I don't buy that.

And if he wanted to be smart and genuine he would have approached Crabs after the game. Maybe Crabs blows him off, but he has no reason to mush him.

On the other hand, that is a season defining maybe career defining play that Sherman made to put your team in the SB. That's kinda huge.

There's going to be emotions in the game, it happens to the greatest, I am sure it happens to us as well. Not very graceful way of how he handled it for sure but if you just made the play of your life against the player talking smack about you all year, I am sure most will of us would have erupted as well.

Pretty sure he'll grow from this but we are just making too much of it. Okay I am gonna stop talking about this in this thread and leave the discussion in the other thread in OT.

bionic77

Again it doesn't count for my argument I'm talking Brady here, not the franchise.

edit- even if it did it would be 3-2 by my numbers for the record, but again that's not my argument.
Brady has had stacked teams and always has one of the most solid pockets around him.

I mean if you are going to get into those records keep in mind that Brady did that with Randy Moss. The Vikings put up similar numbers with Moss with a guy no one considers to be a great qb. Moss is a once in a lifetime talent and somehow people always leave him out of the conversation and just focus on Brady when he never came close to putting up numbers like that again.

If you want to talk about Peyton he has had several record breaking seasons.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Brady has had stacked teams and always has one of the most solid pockets around him.

I mean if you are going to get into those records keep in mind that Brady did that with Randy Moss. The Vikings put up similar numbers with Moss with a guy no one considers to be a great qb. Moss is a once in a lifetime talent and somehow people always leave him out of the conversation and just focus on Brady when he never came close to putting up numbers like that again.

If you want to talk about Peyton he has had several record breaking seasons.

Did I not just say Peyton is right there with Tom? You're missing the point of my argument. I don't care about stacked teams or state of teams. Brady had a stacked team in 07 he broke the record. He had a solid team in 10 and he broke records. he hasn't had an above average outside receiver since moss and he's continued to produce. This is the one year he had nobody, and his numbers sagged, but it was far from all on him.

My point is post spygate Tom has done amazing things, and has been 1 play away from winning 2 superbowls. Obviously there's context to all of it, but the post-spygate thing is so overblown. The only QB who has done as much as Tom post spy-gate is Peyton, and he can pull ahead of Tom post-spygate with an SB win here. If Ocho had panned out, if welker didn't drop the ball, if Gronk wasn't made of glass, if Aaron wasn't made of glass as well, so on so forth etc etc etc. it can go on forever. The point is the numbers are similar before and after. There was a perfect storm that led to Tom winning 3 early with TOs leg and Mcnabb throwing up, with Ty Law being the beast he was, with Tom coming into his prime, but there has also been a perfect storm for just about every dynasty. We can agree to disagree, but spygate is something bitter fans cling to like a safety blanket. There's a reason Tom is still considered one of the greats.

edit- I also think it's ridiculous pretty much nobody can have a level headed conversation about it, which is fine I get it it's gaf. Everywhere else I've talked can keep it level headed and consider the facts, this is why I pretty much never get into it. I'm not a homer, I may be biased, but I try my best not to be, but I can't help but root for the home team, but I also accept when a player or team isn't as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom