• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
ku-xlarge.gif

That gif is sad in so many ways.

Getting injured sucks regardless of what sport it is. Hope all the players in any sport at the moment, recover as fast as possible :)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The characters never left, I do however think its cute you ever expect a level headed conversation about the Patriots..ever. You may as well join rbh in the dick burning club

I just got onto a tangent I shouldn't say I expected it, I was more explaining my stance on why I don't get into it to another guy who was letting himself get worked up. I have no problem with it, you guys are characters and bitter, it's how you have fun in the NFL thread. It's pretty much a cult in here at this point lol, but is what it is. I get on tangents easy so I made my point, and there is so much more material and the counter arguments are so simple in this case, I have to believe that nobody honestly believes what they're saying.

bionic77

yeah same here... the bronco's receivers matching up with hawks secondary is going to be amazing
Usually those matchups favor the defense and are not spectacular. Peyton and co. probably have to run the ball to open up the passing game. If Peyton starts chucking it deep early with his noodle arm I can see a TAINT.

To quote John Madden usually these games are won by the matchup no one is talking about. The Seahawks offense (mediocre recently) against the Broncos defense (average at best).

jakncoke

Banned
I just got onto a tangent I shouldn't say I expected it, I was more explaining my stance on why I don't get into it to another guy who was letting himself get worked up. I have no problem with it, you guys are characters and bitter, it's how you have fun in the NFL thread. It's pretty much a cult in here at this point lol, but is what it is. I get on tangents easy so I made my point, and there is so much more material and the counter arguments are so simple in this case, I have to believe that nobody honestly believes what they're saying.

idk at this point gata has convinced himself pretty well that he is a pats fan. but thankfully his new avatar has let the truth come free

cdyhybrid

No problem with this. Goodell ball is fine with me. Like I said earlier, I have lost my stomach for games with multiple leg injuries and concussions. I'll take games in the 40s over this stuff

Maybe I'm getting old too. I like my defense, but games with the Niners aren't fun to watch. I fucking hate that team so much that winning is only relief, not joy. Happy we're going to the Super Bowl, but there's so much negative energy anytime we play them.

bionic77

Hawks fans which part of the team suffers more on the road, defense or offense?

I anticipate a very strong Peyton crowd at the SB so definitely no homefield advantage (if there is such a thing) at the SB for Seattle.

Nameless

The past three seasons have ended in just about the most painful, soul crushing ways possible. I actually envy the people who only route for their team casually, and are able to give up on football for a few seasons or bandwagon jump between different teams. These people have no concept of the feelings of despair & emptiness swirling within me right now. They never will. I blame my dad for regularly shaming fair-weather fans when I was growing up(he's a Cowboy fan) as I feel like he robbed me of any reprieve from the sports darkness. As it stands I sit here helpless, powerless to do anything besides bend over and take it, in hopes that at the very least, the football gods see fit to lube up next year.

Anyway, congrats again to Seahawks-GAF and Broncos-GAF. Reflect on your stellar seasons and enjoy the next 2 weeks as much as possible because The Void awaits one of you.

Talamius

No problem with this. Goodell ball is fine with me. Like I said earlier, I have lost my stomach for games with multiple leg injuries and concussions. I'll take games in the 40s over this stuff

No problem with ditching the PAT so long as the 2 point conversion stays. You should always have the option.

mkenyon

Banned

I anticipate a very strong Peyton crowd at the SB so definitely no homefield advantage (if there is such a thing) at the SB for Seattle.
Defense suffers a bit more, definitely.

The crowd was pretty much responsible for a false start and a delay of game at key moments last night. There's also the benefit of preventing offensive communication in an efficient fashion, and giving no momentary advantage to the O Line on getting off the ball.

Secondary and Linebackers will continue to do as they do though. We're a pretty good road team. 4-2 this year, and both were really close.
The past three seasons have ended in just about the most painful, soul crushing ways possible. I actually envy the people who only route for their team casually, and are able to give up on football for a few seasons or bandwagon jump between different teams. These people have no concept of the feelings of despair & emptiness swirling within me right now. They never will. I blame my dad for regularly shaming fair-weather fans when I was growing up(he's a Cowboy fan) as I feel like he robbed me of any reprieve from the sports darkness. As it stands I sit here helpless, powerless to do anything besides bend over and take it, in hopes that at the very least, the football gods see fit to lube up next year.

Anyway, congrats again to Seahawks-GAF and Broncos-GAF. Reflect on your stellar seasons and enjoy the next 2 weeks as much as possible because The Void awaits one of you.
Sounds like someone needs a psychiatric referral. I can set you up.

jakncoke

Banned

I think that what pisses me off most about bandwagon fans that jump on the flavor of the month. They'll never truly understand the pain. They only come for the highs

cdyhybrid

Offense suffers more because they just aren't that good. We'll lean on the running game so not sure it will be a huge deal, but our D travels and will still do their thing. Pass rush wouldn't be as ferocious as it is at home though.

mkenyon

Banned
I think that what pisses me off most about bandwagon fans that jump on the flavor of the month. They'll never truly understand the pain. They only come for the highs
Shame on them for getting enjoyment! YOU CAN'T HAVE FUN UNLESS YOU HURT LOTS!

lol

some people

Hunter S.

yeah same here... the bronco's receivers matching up with hawks secondary is going to be amazing

It is interesting, but I wonder more how the Seahawks can score as many points as the Broncos can due to the lethal level of personnel to pass the ball to. So far every team has been forced to throw the ball more to keep up. Does anyone feel Wilson has these weapons? The Broncos will target the run game first on D as they have always done with Del rio as the defensive coordinator. Wilson will have to step up more then ever. i just do not see it happening,.

mkenyon

Banned
No doubt. I still boo anyone wearing Steelers stuff to this day.

I kind of understand getting pissy with fair weather fans, because they're getting enjoyment when you are, but aren't going through your pain, so that causes resentment. But it's kind of silly, yeah?

The only reason I personally dislike fair weather fans is that they don't know how to play the 12th man position well, and do all sorts of stupid shit like yell and clap when the offense is out there.

This always comes off like first world problems when you consider a day in the life of a Bills, Browns or Lions fan. ;)

Just saying. You're team was has been in the NFC Championship three years in a row and made it to the Super Bowl one of those years. It's tough to lose, sure but a little perspective helps. It could be worse.

Bowman update:

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 6m

MRI shows torn ACL and MCL for LB NaVorro Bowman, per league source.

Sucks. Hopefully makes a speedy recovery.

Doomsayer

This always comes off like first world problems when you consider a day in the life of a Bills, Browns or Lions fan. ;)

Just saying. You're team was has been in the NFC Championship three years in a row and made it to the Super Bowl one of those years. It's tough to lose, sure but a little perspective helps. It could be worse.

Eagles West.

:(

cdyhybrid

It is interesting, but I wonder more how the Seahawks can score as many points as the Broncos can due to the lethal level of personnel to pass the ball to. So far every team has been forced to throw the ball more to keep up. Does anyone feel Wilson has these weapons? The Broncos will target the run game first on D as they have always done with Del rio as the defensive coordinator. Wilson will have to step up more then ever. i just do not see it happening,.

If our O-line can give Russell some space to work with we'll be alright. We'll see, though.

Talamius

The only reason I personally dislike fair weather fans is that they don't know how to play the 12th man position well, and do all sorts of stupid shit like yell and clap when the offense is out there.

It's like that everywhere. Panthers/Saints game had people doing the same stupid shit. There needs to be a card passed out at every NFL stadium with basic fan behavior tips.

Offense on the field? Be as quiet as possible.

Defense on the field? Go fucking nuts.

Well, that's a bit more indepth than necessary.

jakncoke

Banned
No doubt. I still boo anyone wearing Steelers stuff to this day.

I kind of understand getting pissy with fair weather fans, because they're getting enjoyment when you are, but aren't going through your pain, so that causes resentment. But it's kind of silly, yeah?

You see Steelers fans in the Northwest? Interesting.

squicken

No problem with ditching the PAT so long as the 2 point conversion stays. You should always have the option.

What we consider the 2 point try can replace the PAT, and maybe putting the ball at the 10 yard line can be the new 2 point conversion. To me, PATs, onside kicks and KO returns can go away and I won't care.

There needs to be a replacement for the onside kick, but right now, it's just two groups of guys running full speed into each other. That's fine for HS and maybe college, but in the NFL, where the guys colliding run 4.6 and weight 250 lbs, it's madness

I don't know how I'd feel about fairweather fans...cuz you know we've sucked for so long. Even during the Marino years I can't imagine very many fans jumping on the dolphins bandwagon with the 9ers/cowboys dominating. I guess it would be less lonely though :(

What we consider the 2 point try can replace the PAT, and maybe putting the ball at the 10 yard line can be the new 2 point conversion. To me, PATs, onside kicks and KO returns can go away and I won't care.

There needs to be a replacement for the onside kick, but right now, it's just two groups of guys running full speed into each other. That's fine for HS and maybe college, but in the NFL, where the guys colliding run 4.6 and weight 250 lbs, it's madness
Are you serious about this

Trey

Kickoffs and onsides are fine. They're legit football plays.

Extra point becomes a two point conversion, the value of FGs rise. I think TDs should be seven, and you can risk a point in order to go for two.

Crowd noise (or lack thereof) would definitely hurt the Seattle's D. That noise is great for disorienting the offense, generating false starts, and setting up the pass rush. Their defense is built to travel though. The offense just isn't very good to begin with.

You also have to factor in potential weather. Slippery field conditions would put the reactionary players (such as defensive backs reacting to routes, or a linebacker reacting to a cut from an RB) at a pretty big disadvantage.

GM Les Snead said he doesn't think the Rams need another receiver.

Tavon Austin led all Rams receivers with just 40 grabs in 2013, and Chris Givens (34 catches) / Austin Pettis (38) project as complementary receivers down the line. That leaves the 6'4/220 Brian Quick as the only real candidate to develop into a go-to wideout on the outside. We haven't seen any real signs of that yet, but Snead appears confident in his corps. "I think our receivers right now, I truly believe as they progress ... we cannot have another receiver around here," he said. "And we're going to be a good football team." The Rams hold the Nos. 2 and 13 overall picks in the draft.
Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch
Rams.

jakncoke

Banned
My thoughts exactly.

We're fucking your fans and impregnating them(maybe even your family). How does that make you feel?

HS/College running full speed still does a number on these bodies and minds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom