• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

/dead&gone

I legitimately love Jim Harbaugh
I would love him if he were my coach too but for everyone else he seems like a high strung douchebag.

All this Seahawks praise around here reminds me
a lot of 1919 Germany.
What does this mean?

God I love rivalries like this. Really looking forward to Niners/Seahawks. That was the game I was hoping for. Its almost as intense as Ravens/Steelers, which has been must see tv for most of the past 10 years.

Nakazato

^^^

unless your going to double up on receiver. I have Jordan Matthews (Vandy) 6'3 possession WR (good speed,Good hands, ok route runner, Not scared to go over the middle) going to Carolina in the 1st.

If you wait on him we wont be there cause San Fran would jump all over him (Jerry Rices' Cousin)

Alright Panthers fan, this should be our 3rd round draft pick.

Physically he's basically a Steve Smith clone, short but very thick athlete with a lot of speed. Played basketball and was very productive on the football field. South Carolina guy so our draft scouts better know about him. Would much rather have him than those track star looking guys the mock draft idiots want us to take.

6'2 Running back ?

Colasante

It still boggles my mind that the Browns are just letting Norv Turner and Ray Horton walk away. Just idiotic. Turner will be a great hire for the Vikings. He can make Cassel into a passable starter until their rookie QB is ready and he'll find more ways for Cordarrelle Patterson to get the ball.

Alright Panthers fan, this should be our 3rd round draft pick.

85606-650-366.jpg

Physically he's basically a Steve Smith clone, short but very thick athlete with a lot of speed. Played basketball and was very productive on the football field. South Carolina guy so our draft scouts better know about him. Would much rather have him than those track star looking guys the mock draft idiots want us to take.

Can he jump? I'd rather have a tall "go up and snag it" type guy to be honest

Crisco

Banned
Can he jump? I'd rather have a tall "go up and snag it" type guy to be honest

He plays basketball and is a lot like Smitty when he was younger, can go up and get balls that a shorter guy shouldn't be able too. I agree I'd still like a bigger receiver, but Ellington would be a great later pickup if we decide to double dip, or end up signing someone like Nicks in FA and pickup an OT in the first round.

@RapSheet 22m

Teryl Austin’s agreement to be #Lions DC is done, per source. He’s interviewing Vance Joseph (Texans) and Bill Sheridan (Bucs) as assistants

I like it. I want a more physical secondary that plays man instead of the zones that Schwartz wanted - all that does is hand QBs huge chunks of yards in quick routes. It was also amazing how long our guys went without even turning their head to see where the ball was coming from.

Still waiting on OC, which is going to be Caldwell's first big decision imo. He better get it right.

squicken

Are we certain Norv is still a good offensive coach? Rivers' career had to be salvaged by Whiz and McCoy, who went away from Turner's deep ball offense and to a ball control short passing game. In Cleveland, despite having putrid QBs most of the year, and a defense that kept them in games, they lead the league in passing attempts. Sure seems like a guy who won't/can't adapt to changing circumstances

I like it. I want a more physical secondary that plays man instead of the zones that Schwartz wanted - all that does is hand QBs huge chunks of yards in quick routes. It was also amazing how long our guys went without even turning their head to see where the ball was coming from.

Still waiting on OC, which is going to be Caldwell's first big decision imo. He better get it right.

Caldwell's an offensive guy, maybe he will call the plays thus minimizing the OC a lot.

Colasante

Are we certain Norv is still a good offensive coach? Rivers' career had to be salvaged by Whiz and McCoy, who went away from Turner's deep ball offense and to a ball control short passing game. In Cleveland, despite having putrid QBs most of the year, and a defense that kept them in games, they lead the league in passing attempts. Sure seems like a guy who won't/can't adapt to changing circumstances

Turner had McGahee, Fozzy Whitaker, Edwin Baker, and Chris Ogbonnaya as his running backs this year. Creating a pass-first offense with Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron makes a lot of sense when you're looking at the alternative. Now he'll have Adrian Peterson. I think it'll work out well.

squicken

Turner had McGahee, Fozzy Whitaker, Edwin Baker, and Chris Ogbonnaya as his running backs this year. Creating a pass-first offense with Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron makes a lot of sense when you're looking at the alternative. Now he'll have Adrian Peterson. I think it'll work out well.

Also had Rainey (who they let walk). With that defense and those QBs, I think the better idea would have been to shorten games with the run and take shot plays to Gordon. Guess that can be on Chud too

You could argue there was a big talent issue in SD. They added Green and Allen as big receiving talents, Woodhead as a utility player, Matthews was healthier, and the OL was overhauled.

I'm not saying Norv is done, I'm just not as big a fan as I was when CLE first hired him

MechDX

PDS ‏@PatDStat 2h
DeAndre Hopkins had 1 drop during the season on 91 targets. Only 1 player with 1 drop had more targets than him, Larry Fitzgerald with 126.

Interesting, didn't realize he was that efficient. Nice stat when you consider the dumpster fire QB was for the Texans this season.

effzee

Rivers career was salvaged by improving the OLINE and drafting Keenan Allen.

Turner is still a good QB mentor. From whichever rookie they bring in to start in Minnesota, Tuner should be a good influence.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m

Jets and head coach Rex Ryan have reached agreement on a multi-year extension, according to team and league sources.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m
Jets and head coach Rex Ryan have reached agreement on a multi-year extension, according to team and league sources.

Typical Ryan. Terrible HC great coordinator.

Crisco

Banned
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Good, he needs to stay with them forever, where he can't do any damage. I would be terrified of that man coaching a team with actual talent.

Oh good so the jests will remain with us and the bills in the afc east basement, now it's only a matter of time before the pats join us as well.

I guess on the bright side, even if the Fins dont get their shit together soon that division will have an 8-8 or 7-9 winner.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
42-38.

Parcells in his three years were better. Not to mention the guy that won a SB. I know you're trolling but c'mon.

Jets have had playoff success under Rex, its not really trolling when its the truth.

I don't really have a problem with him staying. It's up to other guys to get some talent on the offensive side of the ball.

Dragon

Banned
Jets have had playoff success under Rex, its not really trolling when its the truth.

I don't really have a problem with him staying. It's up to other guys to get some talent on the offensive side of the ball.

It's not the truth man. Some other coach won a SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom