• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

At least the Vikings are making it tougher on the Packers to win the division with Zimmer. Lions and the non-Pats of AFCE stay in Clown Town

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah, sorry. Sherman is a douchebag. Living in Seattle will do that to you though.
Most personal accounts describe him as a nice guy, and the secret has kind of gotten out over the past year. Again, douchebag on the field, but that's deliberate.

Besides, he helped expose Schoob and set you up with O'Brien! You should be grateful.

At least the Vikings are making it tougher on the Packers to win the division with Zimmer. Lions and the non-Pats of AFCE stay in Clown Town

I totally agree, I think the Vikes will be a competitive team if they can figure out someone to play QB at least decently.

Dragon

Banned
Back when they were in the AFL. That shit barely counts, but I'll amend my previous statement for you.

Rex Ryan is the best coach the Jets have ever had in the last 40 years.

Nope, that'd be Parcells. Who took a 1-15 team and in 2 years had them in the AFC Championship game.

It took 10 wins to win the NFCE this year, the NFCN on the other hand.

The NFC East was worse against a weaker conference. They were 5-11 against the AFC this year. That's awful.

Talon

Most personal accounts describe him as a nice guy, and the secret has kind of gotten out over the past year. Again, douchebag on the field, but that's deliberate.

Besides, he helped expose Schoob and set you up with O'Brien! You should be grateful.
So he's intentionally a cock.

Got it.

Yeah, sorry. Sherman is a douchebag. Living in Seattle will do that to you though.

I don't think Dick Sherman is an actual douche bag. He's just really good at playing a heel on TV.

Which is honestly fine. Sports need villains. And on the field villains are easier to deal with than off the field ones.

squicken

I totally agree, I think the Vikes will be a competitive team if they can figure out someone to play QB at least decently.

Gonna need a big armed guy. Playing outdoors until the new stadium is ready. kave thinks I am trolling his team when I say Manziel will bust there, but you can't have even an average arm when playing in the Midwest/Great Lakes wind, cold and outdoors

ShaneB

Everything I've watched of Sherman makes him seem like a very nice guy, but yeah, it's his job to be a full on son of a bitch on the field, that's what defensive players all strive for.

Also, I like Dave Dameshek's idea of replacing the Pro Bowl with the Loser Bowl, have the two last placed teams play to win the first overall pick!

Dragon

Banned
Everything I've watched of Sherman makes him seem like a very nice guy, but yeah, it's his job to be a full on son of a bitch on the field, that's what defensive players all strive for.

Also, I like Dave Dameshek's idea of replacing the Pro Bowl with the Loser Bowl, have the two last placed teams play to win the first overall pick!

The Player's Association will slit Goodell's throat if he tries that.

I wish the NFL went full on regional with it divisions. It would be awesome if all the teams in the same division were within driving distance of each other.

So you're fine with not playing the Cowboys twice a year?

I still believe the Dolphins should be placed where they regionally belong: the AFC South.

Your division was the worst division in football this past season, adding a mediocre Miami team ain't gonna help that Mech!

obvious watching him play, he'll get one or two reads in and bail,
Kapernick still has a lot of growing to do as a true progression passer, and he still has to work on his touch on long balls. Right now he's getting away with it on pure arm strength, but I disagree that he's primative field reader anymore. He's shown a lot of growth since the beginning of the season, he's capable of going through multiple progressions, and still keeping his eyes downfield while scrambling.

I think he's already surpassed other young QBs like Newton and Russel in that category. In the game sunday, Newton was staring down receivers like nobodies business, even the play by play guys noticed it. And Wilson is so short that if he can't see a passing lane through the gaps he has to scramble just to find one because he doesn't see the middle of the field well enough

Interesting look at the top WRs prospects.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46006/349/peshek-top-4-wr-metrics

yuHvdoh.jpg

So you're fine with not playing the Cowboys twice a year?

Absolutely. I had a few friends who made the trip down for an Eagles game in Dallas and that is way to far to have to go for a division game. Plus I think the Cowboys and Texans would make much better rivals then the Cowboys and the East teams.

MechDX

Yeah Texans vs Redskins. Schaub vs RG3....barn burner.

I wish the NFL went full on regional with it divisions. It would be awesome if all the teams in the same division were within driving distance of each other.

And you would never face the Cowboys again. Panthers twice a year.

Your division was the worst division in football this past season, adding a mediocre Miami team ain't gonna help that Mech!

At least the Ravens would have a legit shot at dethroning the Pats.

Fine with me. We need to speed up to 9-8 lifetime record against the Texans.

How about no?

MechDX

Absolutely. I had a few friends who made the trip down for an Eagles game in Dallas and that is way to far to have to go for a division game. Plus I think the Cowboys and Texans would make much better rivals then the Cowboys and the East teams.

No reason to change Conference's. Can be done easily within conference as is. Cowboys vs Saints twice a year would be a damn good rivalry.

Revolver

Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports

Been told #Steelers will allow the #Titans permission to speak to LBs coach Keith Butler for DC job. He's in play, with Ray Horton for spot

I'm on board for with either of these guys. I'd prefer Horton though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
obvious watching him play, he'll get one or two reads in and bail,

Kapernick still has a lot of growing to do as a true progression passer, and he still has to work on his touch on long balls. Right now he's getting away with it on pure arm strength, but I disagree that he's primative field reader anymore. He's shown a lot of growth since the beginning of the season, he's capable of going through multiple progressions, and still keeping his eyes downfield while scrambling.

I think he's already surpassed other young QBs like Newton and Russel in that category. In the game sunday, Newton was staring down receivers like nobodies business, even the play by play guys noticed it. And Wilson is so short that if he can't see a passing lane through the gaps he has to scramble just to find one because he doesn't see the middle of the field well enough

I love how the article mentions Steve Young and how he doesn't need to run since he can go through progressions, but fails to mention how long it took for him to learn to do that and how he was often blasted earlier in his career for going through one or two reads before he decide to take off running.

The thing on that is Watkins caught as many deep balls as Benjamin. He just caught more passes in total, and most were screens. But he still has a high volume of deep catches. I think he's the best WR since Julio Jones and AJ Green

Yeah, just wish he was a bit taller.

It's just a hive mind effect. People read a guy or two say so and so is a one read qb and they latch on. Listening to cosell yesterday talking about kaps improvements from early in the year and wussles regression late.

None of the young qbs are polished. I find it funny that kap is one read but wussle is some type of field general. Wussles majority of success comes from scrambling out when the play breaks down. He cannot consistently beat you in the pocket.

Kap stares down receivers at times and refuses to check down. Or maybe I'm biased and kap is awful and wussle is the greatest ever

Looks like the Vikings are going to get Norv Turner as their OC. Pretty good hire, imo although now they definitely need to find a better QB. I think the Vikes have explosive enough receivers at this point (especially Patterson) that they expand their passing further downfield but they need someone who can actually deliver the ball down there accurately enough. Cassel did alright throwing it deep last year, so I'd be OK with him starting while we train in a new QB although obviously if we could get one of the big QBs in the draft it'd probably be best to just start them right away.

squicken

Yeah, just wish he was a bit taller.

It's really the difference, though I like his aggressive demeanor on the field over AJ Green's occasional indifference. Dalton is taking a lot of crap, rightfully, but Green's passiveness on that deep ball was huge

I
Kap stares down receivers at times and refuses to check down. Or maybe I'm biased and kap is awful and wussle is the greatest ever

You are definitely right about Russell. I have no idea why Russell is perceived as so much more advanced than Kap. I think it is all the PR fluff film study stuff SEA pumps out

MechDX

It's really the difference, though I like his aggressive demeanor on the field over AJ Green's occasional indifference. Dalton is taking a lot of crap, rightfully, but Green's passiveness on that deep ball was huge

You are definitely right about Russell. I have no idea why Russell is perceived as so much more advanced than Kap. I think it is all the PR fluff film study stuff SEA pumps out

Right now I hate both Kap and Russell. Sports talk here is filled with "draft JFF or wait till the 2nd or 3rd round and get a QB! Worked in Seattle and SF!"

Those are exceptions and not the rule people.

Doomsayer

I honestly think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Russel is much more engaging during interviews and talking X's and O's. Kaep rarely gives any insight - modeled after Harbaugh. Russel started off the season making plays all over the field and looking extremely polished, but over the course of the year he regressed.

It was the exact opposite with Kaep, he started off the year terribly and was definitely a one read QB. Over the past 8 games though he has been on fire, making plays with his arm and legs. It's going to be a great game on Sunday both of these teams are so different from when they met at Candlestick.

I honestly think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Russel is much more engaging during interviews and talking X's and O's. Kaep rarely gives any insight - modeled after Harbaugh. Russel started off the season making plays all over the field and looking extremely polished, but over the course of the year he regressed.

It was the exact opposite with Kaep, he started off the year terribly and was definitely a one read QB. Over the past 8 games though he has been on fire, making plays with his arm and legs. It's going to be a great game on Sunday both of these teams are so different from when they met at Candlestick.

Did he really regress or did they lose Rice and decide that him throwing 30 times a game to Tate and Baldwin isnt the best way to win.

Doomsayer

Did he really regress or did they lose Rice and decide that him throwing 30 times a game to Tate and Baldwin isnt the best way to win.

Rice was never that great for them. I think he regressed, partly because of his receiving core and because teams have learned how to play him better.

Why does Russel get the excuse of a below average WR core but Kaep didn't at the beginning of the year? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom