• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rice was never that great for them. I think he regressed, partly because of his receiving core and because teams have learned how to play him better.

Why does Russel get the excuse of a below average WR core but Kaep didn't at the beginning of the year? Just curious.

I have defended Kap all year. The fact that the 9ers are 7-0 and the offense has looked much better since Crabtree came back shows that it wasnt all on Kap at the start of the season.

rando14

Rice was never that great for them. I think he regressed, partly because of his receiving core and because teams have learned how to play him better.

Why does Russel get the excuse of a below average WR core but Kaep didn't at the beginning of the year? Just curious.

To be fair, kaep has had vd and boldin for nearly the entire year, both of whom are better receivers than anyone we have (Percy doesn't count obviously)

Doomsayer

I have defended Kap all year. The fact that the 9ers are 7-0 and the offense has looked much better since Crabtree came back shows that it wasnt all on Kap at the start of the season.

I wasn't referring to you specifically; just showing the double standard the media portrays.

Eight games now!

To be fair, kaep has had vd and boldin for nearly the entire year, both of whom are better receivers than anyone we have (Percy doesn't count obviously)

While this is true when you double cover VD every play the only real option is Boldin. I mean, we were throwing to Kyle Williams, Marlon Moore, and Jon Baldwin for the majority of the season. Ew.

capture.gif

Fine, DONT have sex with her.

Also why is Wes' name in red? Must be a glitch.

I wasn't referring to you specifically; just showing the double standard the media portrays.

Eight games now!

Oh well I do think Russel comes off as a nice guy and someone that is more willing to talk to the media, so they are going to be less critical of that guy. I dont know if it is just the tattoos or what, but Kap does get portrayed as a more surly person and I think that the press is harder on him for it. If he wins a SB though it will all change even if he still acts the same.

JCizzle

There are more gifs of Harbaugh complaining this year alone than gifs of Brady for his entire career. If that's the type of shitty argument you're arguing.

That maybe true on an absolute measure, but since Brady gets the call 90+ percent of the time that's not true on a relative one.

wonder how much kap and wussle will be getting paid when they get new contracts. those $120 mil/$50+ mil guaranteed contracts are going to be the norm for franchise QBs now and either kap will have 2 SB appearances or both have at least 1 under their belt, even if they (hopefully) lose.

being joe flacco must be awesome, you win an SB and get guaranteed $50 million while also getting to watch how your contract is fucking over other teams that won't even sniff the super bowl in 20 years.

effzee

It still boggles my mind that the Browns are just letting Norv Turner and Ray Horton walk away. Just idiotic. Turner will be a great hire for the Vikings. He can make Cassel into a passable starter until their rookie QB is ready and he'll find more ways for Cordarrelle Patterson to get the ball.

Is there a reason why now 2 years in a row Horton has been allowed to leave and make lateral moves.

Gets interviewed as a token minority candidate for HC positions but never gets them. Then his team again (last year was the Cardinals) tells him he is free to leave to any team.

Is something wrong with him personality wise that he doesn't get along with other coaches? Or is this simply cleaning house 2nd year in a row?

From what I have heard and seen from his defenses, I wish the Eagles would get him and fire Billy Davis.

Also was listening to Fatcesa yesterday and he kept going on and on about the extra point is too easy and how there is a real push to either remove it complete where everyone has to go for 2 or to make it much more difficult. WTF? I like it the way it is. Why change it?

Some of the suggestions brought up were narrowing the goal posts, spotting the ball further back, or making the 1 point a play you have to run on offense from the 1 yard line. All sound terrible. I don't know if this is another case of Fatcesa making a big deal out of thing something he likes or wants, or if this has actually been discussed by others and is up for consideration for the NFL this off season.

Narrowing the goal posts sounds terrible.

Doomsayer

I can see both Kaep and Russel getting 15+ mil a year. For some reason they both strike me as team guys and they won't want to cripple their respective teams a la Flacco.

Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my end though.

Fantomex

It's just a hive mind effect. People read a guy or two say so and so is a one read qb and they latch on. Listening to cosell yesterday talking about kaps improvements from early in the year and wussles regression late.

None of the young qbs are polished. I find it funny that kap is one read but wussle is some type of field general. Wussles majority of success comes from scrambling out when the play breaks down. He cannot consistently beat you in the pocket.

Kap stares down receivers at times and refuses to check down. Or maybe I'm biased and kap is awful and wussle is the greatest ever

Pretty much half of the NFL Quarterbacks are guilty of this. Tannehill especially.

effzee

It's just a hive mind effect. People read a guy or two say so and so is a one read qb and they latch on. Listening to cosell yesterday talking about kaps improvements from early in the year and wussles regression late.

None of the young qbs are polished. I find it funny that kap is one read but wussle is some type of field general. Wussles majority of success comes from scrambling out when the play breaks down. He cannot consistently beat you in the pocket.

Kap stares down receivers at times and refuses to check down. Or maybe I'm biased and kap is awful and wussle is the greatest ever

Foles > Wilson and Kap.

bionic77

I can see both Kaep and Russel getting 15+ mil a year. For some reason they both strike me as team guys and they won't want to cripple their respective teams a la Flacco.

Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my end though.
:lol

Not quite KAS level but that's close!

Only a retard would take a discount to help the team at this point in their career. You take as much as you can get and figure out the rest later. No guaranteed contracts bro and if you get hurt or start to suck it's all over.

see5harp

Oh well I do think Russel comes off as a nice guy and someone that is more willing to talk to the media, so they are going to be less critical of that guy. I dont know if it is just the tattoos or what, but Kap does get portrayed as a more surly person and I think that the press is harder on him for it. If he wins a SB though it will all change even if he still acts the same.

Kaps not a good interview. He's short with answers and seems to just go with the company line. Russell Wilson, VD and a whole lotta other guys who are good with the media basically echo the company line but at least they make an effort. Kap basically has gone with the Frank Gore echo company line.

It's post like these that keep me lurking these NFL threads.

Green bay or Minnesota? I obviously don't lurk enough because I missed Miss Waldo the first time around. I don't know who she's rooting for, but I'm rooting for them too now.

I believe the Vikings are the purple team.

Doomsayer

:lol

Not quite KAS level but that's close!

Only a retard would take a discount to help the team at this point in their career. You take as much as you can get and figure out the rest later. No guaranteed contracts bro and if you get hurt or start to suck it's all over.

I know, but a man can dream. :(

Kaps not a good interview. He's short with answers and seems to just go with the company line. Russell Wilson, VD and a whole lotta other guys who are good with the media basically echo the company line but at least they make an effort. Kap basically has gone with the Frank Gore echo company line.

Hey, Frank Gore is a gentleman and a scholar. Just because his IQ matches his jersey number doesn't make him less of a man!

bionic77

I know, but a man can dream. :(

Hey, Frank Gore is a gentleman and a scholar. Just because his IQ matches his jersey number doesn't make him less of a man!
Don't I know it bro!

I am dreaming of the Steelers being in the top 30 for defenses next season. With the coordinator and right schedule I think we can make it happen if we get a few good players in the draft.

Also who gives a fuck about how good of an interview a player is? Or what they look like? As long they kick ass on the field I wouldn't give a shit if they were as ugly as Suggs.

NY Giants?
If he's willing to take a small contract, possible. I don't see the Giants paying him anywhere near what he wants when we have big holes on the offensive line and other areas that need addressed first.

He's in for a rude awakening on he open market though. No one is paying him anywhere near 8 million dollars for the production he's put up over the last few years.

He's done fuck all since signing that deal. Doesnt shock me at all. Spottrac says they'll only have 4 million dead cap if they cut him
If he's a post June 1st cut, they can split that across the 2014 and 2105 season as well if my understanding of the contract is correct. Zero reason to keep him on the books, really.

It's post like these that keep me lurking these NFL threads.

Green bay or Minnesota? I obviously don't lurk enough because I missed Miss Waldo the first time around. I don't know who she's rooting for, but I'm rooting for them too now.

Those are Minnesota since they are at Minny and also GB uses cheerleaders from a local college and don't have an official Cheerleading squad so I don't think they dress up for Halloween.

If he's willing to take a small contract, possible. I don't see the Giants paying him anywhere near what he wants when we have big holes on the offensive line and other areas that need addressed first.

He's in for a rude awakening on he open market though. No one is paying him anywhere near 8 million dollars for the production he's put up over the last few years.

I figure he will get low base high incentive deal, with no guaranteed money.

Paches

lol @ Kaep posing in front of his car kissing himself.

see5harp

I love Frank Gore. He just says the same shit in like every interview. I'm fairly sure the niners have to pay someone just to coach him on what to say. VD is the same way it's hilarious when VD tries to wax poetic about putting the team first and preparation. He's been saying the same thing for like the last 3 years. I actually respect Cam Newton because he can actually deliver in an interview with some nonsense (but funny) analogies.

It's hilarious but go back to Frank Gore as a high schooler on you tube. I'm fairly sure he played at Miami and was maybe illiterate like Fantasia.

brentech

So that's a Vikings cheerleader?

The Packers don't have actual cheerleaders, so yes.

"Most of us feel the college cheerleaders fit with the image we want to project," Packers President Mark Murphy said Friday. "It's wholesome. I hear mostly good things about our cheerleaders from fans. I think they find it kind of quaint, to be honest."

The collegiate cheerleaders dress in modest uniforms supplied by the Packers.

Green Bay is one of six franchises in the National Football League without an official squad. The cheerleading units for the other 26 teams often have been described as eye candy on the sidelines.
r

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom