• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2016 |OT| Where One Gasmask Can Change a Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
Like they went defense.

A couple years ago, I was like who in the fuck is Derek Wolfe?

So can't complain until I see the results.

squicken

That's right Kareem after adjusting to real coaching. LOL Saban.

Got burned too much, mostly b/c I think he just wasn't used to covering so long so he didn't turn and run as soon as he needed to. I think there's something about Saban and teaching his guys a different backpedal technique that may not translate

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Dumb question ...what is a pSPARQ score?

It's a measurement of athleticism.

SPARQ is a formula developed by Nike which measures player athleticism by outputting a single composite score.

Davis Hsu and Danny Kelly started studying SPARQ over at FieldGulls.com after they were made aware of Seattle Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll’s involvement in the metric’s development. Seattle General Manager John Schneider also often referred to certain players as “good testers,” as with Christine Michael and Luke Willson in interviews conducted after the 2013 draft.

Soon after that draft, Nike pulled the SPARQ Calculator page off of its site. To aid in continuing the study, I back-calculated a reasonable approximation of the metric, coming up with what I now call pSPARQ. You can find the documentation for this in the series I wrote leading up to the 2014 draft. All links are to my work at the excellent FieldGulls.com.

Gigglepoo

3brWfkG.jpg

I love the Hack era.

LJ11

Got burned too much, mostly b/c I think he just wasn't used to covering so long so he didn't turn and run as soon as he needed to. I think there's something about Saban and teaching his guys a different backpedal technique that may not translate
Hey, it works for them at the amateur level, and I like Saban, but Reddick praising the coaching was a head scratcher. These dudes need work, like most prospects.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Not sure how well HCD has done at Greenbay, though I've heard Barron's improved at being that hybrid LB/SS position.

Always thought that C. Jones was about as good as Kareem Jackson was, but I also thought Houston picked Kareem WAY too early. Didn't think he was worth a 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom