• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2016 |OT| Where One Gasmask Can Change a Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why do people laugh at kickers? Track record of kickers taken early is honestly pretty good. Janikowski, Kaeding, even Nugent once he got out of the hellhole thats the Jets.

Think there was a piece by Barnwell a little ago that actually showed that taking a kicker early gets you more in value than taking a tight end early. But no one ever laughs at a TE pick even though the Chargers just flushed one down the drain about an hour ago

JABEE

0DeyvKo.jpg

Why do people laugh at kickers? Track record of kickers taken early is honestly pretty good. Janikowski, Kaeding, even Nugent once he got out of the hellhole thats the Jets.

It's less that early kickers aren't worth their pick and more that later rounds can get you somewhat comparable kickers. And the value of the kicker in general is low. Higher now given the PAT change, but still low.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Roberto Aguayo | K, Florida State
Height: 6-0 Weight: 207
Why take a kicker in the second round. There are a hundred of them.
F

:jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc

Furyous

The Bucs GM is trying to ease his way out of town I see. What in the fuck is a second round kicker going to do for your team? THEY. TOOK. A. KICKER. IN. THE. SECOND. ROUND.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

squicken

Think there was a piece by Barnwell a little ago that actually showed that taking a kicker early gets you more in value than taking a tight end early. But no one ever laughs at a TE pick even though the Chargers just flushed one down the drain about an hour ago

If you know you are getting Johnny Hekker or Justin Tucker, then it is worth a 2nd round pick. But you have to be certain the guy you take will be one of the 2 or 3 best in the league. Tough to project that

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Eh I don't remember him being any better or worse from long range than any given above average NFL kicker.

Yeah but I imagine a team drafting a kicker second round wants a better than just above average kicker.

But I am an FSU fan and am going to miss him (though we have his brother who is supposed to be basically just as good).

Yeah but I imagine a team drafting a kicker second round wants a better than just above average kicker.

But I am an FSU fan and am going to miss him (though we have his brother who is supposed to be basically just as good).

I can understand that, but I think trading up for any kicker is crazy.

Feel the same about FSU though. I have high hopes for his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom