• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

lucky :(

when i saw the yeah yeah yeahs karen O must have downed about 10 beers throughout the course of the show. she drinks like a champion!

Yeah bro, she had a new Corona every song and kept it up like a champ. Julian Casablancas, on the other hand, came out stumbling and mumbling when I saw him.

Yeah bro, she had a new Corona every song and kept it up like a champ. Julian Casablancas, on the other hand, came out stumbling and mumbling when I saw him.

damn how was julian live? really wanted to see him on his solo tour. his solo album was actually really good. or did you mean with the strokes?

RBH

After only two months on the job, New York Jets offensive coordinator Tony Sparano was handed a potential quarterback controversy with Tim Tebow arriving in late March to back up Mark Sanchez.

Sparano, speaking to reporters Thursday for the first time since he was hired, said he was "completely on board" with the Tebow trade. He spoke glowingly of Tebow, saying the quarterback has made "eye-opening" improvement as a passer since Sparano coached him two years ago in the Senior Bowl.

Trying to be cagey, Sparano refused to divulge his specific plans for Tebow, who will be used in a wildcat-like package. Sparano said his No. 1 objective is to make Tebow a complete quarterback, not a gadget player.
He predicted a harmonious, but competitive relationship between Tebow and Sanchez.

"I'm not concerned about that, honestly," Sparano said. "At the end of this whole thing, it's about trying to find good football players. Mark Sanchez is one hell of a player ... and Tim Tebow is a good football player, too.

"When you put both of those guys in a room, if they're playing checkers, they're going to compete and they're going to go like heck to win. I think the more of these people you can get around your football team, the better off your team is going to be ... I don't think there will be a problem managing it."

The Sanchez-Tebow dynamic is more complex than checkers, but the Jets believe Rex Ryan and the no-nonsense Sparano, previously the Miami Dolphins' head coach, can keep it under control.

Sparano got his first up-close look at Tebow in the 2010 Senior Bowl, where his staff coached Tebow. At the time, Sparano told colleagues he wasn't at all impressed with Tebow, according to a league source. His opinion has changed.

"Fundamentally, Tim has gotten much better," he said. "You could see the amount of time he spent at it ... He's completely different now than he was when he came out of college."

When the Jets traded for Tebow, they said the plan was to deploy him in the wildcat, with Ryan saying it could be up to 20 plays per game. Sparano agreed with that number, but refused to shed any light on the different ways Tebow could be used, even declining to commit to the wildcat as a certainty.

There have been reports of Tebow playing running back and, possibly, H-back. Sparano said "all those things are on the table," but the Jets' mission is to make him a better quarterback.

"Obviously, our first goal here is to turn Tim into ... uh, to continue to work with him and to have him mature as a quarterback," said Sparano, perhaps changing direction when he realized he was about to say something that could feed a potential controversy.

"That's what we're trying to do here. With that being said, he comes with a different skill set, obviously, from college. That's a good thing for us. He has the ability to do a lot of different jobs. At the game, that's what you really want."

Sparano is regarded as the father of the wildcat, having unveiled it in 2008 with the Dolphins. At the time, the primary reason was to get their top two players, Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams, on the field at the same time.

But they were running backs, and there was no quarterback controversy with Chad Pennington. But now it could get dicey with Sanchez and Tebow. Sparano insisted that it won't stunt Sanchez's development as a passer.

Predictably, Sparano gushed about Sanchez, who committed a career-high 26 turnovers last season. He tried to spin Sanchez's performance into a positive. While saying the turnovers can't be dismissed, Sparano claimed Sanchez improved in a few areas.

"I'm excited about where he is," Sparano said. "The only thing I can tell you right now is he's had a tremendous offseason. He's gotten himself into good shape. I've been really impressed with him."

The new offensive boss, on the eve of the team's rookie minicamp, expressed optimism on just about every topic. He said mercurial wide receiver Santonio Holmes has "special ability," he praised running back Shonn Greene and he managed to say nice things about embattled right tackle Wayne Hunter -- although he stopped short of saying Hunter will be the starter.

Sparano said his evaluation process included watching every play from the last two seasons.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...w-improvement-qb-2010-senior-bowl-eye-opening

damn how was julian live? really wanted to see him on his solo tour. his solo album was actually really good. or did you mean with the strokes?

It was his solo tour and he was actually really good. He played most of the cd and threw in Barely Legal, his Christmas song and a Motown cover. After the opening act (which was really good, Funeral Party. Check them out if you havn't), we waited an hour and a half for him to make it on stage, and he was obliterated. I thought he was going to fall right into us

But still a great show

It was his solo tour and he was actually really good. He played most of the cd and threw in Barely Legal, his Christmas song and a Motown cover. After the opening act (which was really good, Funeral Party. Check them out if you havn't), we waited an hour and a half for him to make it on stage.

But still a great show

his christmas song is actually a cover of an old SNL skit with horatio sans and others. i'll see if i can find it

btw since you are from detroit i assume you love the new jack white album!

his christmas song is actually a cover of an old SNL skit with horatio sans and others. i'll see if i can find it

btw since you are from detroit i assume you love the new jack white album!

Actually, found out the Christmas song was a cover when I found the youtube video he did with Horatio and Jimmy Fallon.

And I havn't really check out anything from Jack White since he did Sea of Cowards with The Dead Weather. I personally think Dead Weather his best project to date

LJ11

rg3.gif

:jnc

I don't even, hahahahaha

jakncoke

Banned
not really, fuck the yanks

edit:

Hill certainly has big-play ability, something the Jets sorely need. He had 49 career catches in three seasons at Georgia Tech, but set the NCAA record by averaging 55.2 yards on his nine touchdown grabs. Hill also averaged 64 yards on his five TD catches last season, topping the single-season NCAA mark of 56.09 yards by Houston's Elmo Wright in 1968.

really lives up to gtech run or fuck it going deep offense

Milchjon

The Chargers "curse" made to the front page of a major German news site. No mention of brain injuries, though, just the story of all those deaths.

LevelNth

Banned
True true. I really have a feeling that this is the end for him with the 9ers. I think we will see Kap starting for them before the season is over.
I wouldn't be so sure, as someone who has been religiously watching Smith for 7 years, his improvement in every area last year was insane. He's still got his issues of course, but to throw for 3000+ yards last year with almost 20 TD's and just 5 picks, for Alex, is crazy good especially when you consider how conservative our passing offense was.

It won't be that conservative this year, so that will be the test. If he can tighten up his deep ball and get more confident in his reads at 10-15 yards, he'll play out the rest of his contract as starter no question.

If not, if he regresses back to the old Alex, yea Kap will start next year most likely.

I wouldn't be so sure, as someone who has been religiously watching Smith for 7 years, his improvement in every area last year was insane. He's still got his issues of course, but to throw for 3000+ yards last year with almost 20 TD's and just 5 picks, for Alex, is crazy good especially when you consider how conservative our passing offense was.

It won't be that conservative this year, so that will be the test. If he can tighten up his deep ball and get more confident in his reads at 10-15 yards, he'll play out the rest of his contract as starter no question.

If not, if he regresses back to the old Alex, yea Kap will start next year most likely.

I just remember Kap warming up in the Eagles game and looking like he might come in. All the weapons the 9ers have added this year puts a lot of pressure on the QB. I dont think the coaches or the fans will be happy with 50 yard fgs all year long. Alex is going to have to take some chances this year.

LevelNth

Banned
I just remember Kap warming up in the Eagles game and looking like he might come in. All the weapons the 9ers have added this year puts a lot of pressure on the QB. I dont think the coaches or the fans will be happy with 50 yard fgs all year long. Alex is going to have to take some chances this year.
Oh 100% agree, we cannot run last year's same offense, which means the QB HAS to take more chances and be more confident in those reads.

The Eagles game last year was an anomaly tho, as it was early in the season and Alex wasn't all that hot. Interestingly enough, it was the second half of that game that turned his season around, as that half and the following Bucs game Alex played extremely well.

bionic77

If only I had actually said that. I understand though when you have nothing to say you need to just make something up. It will be great to read what you actually think about Alex once he is not the 9ers QB.
Don't be like that.

You were Kolb's biggest cheerleader when we all told you he was garbage and unproven. Own up to it and be happy he is not your qb.

Don't be like that.

You were Kolb's biggest cheerleader when we all told you he was garbage and unproven. Own up to it and be happy he is not your qb.

Search has been back for a while on gaf, I would love to see even one post were I said he would definitely be good. You deal in nothing but absolutes and I think that is coulding your memory in this case.

bionic77

Search has been back for a while on gaf, I would love to see even one post were I said he would definitely be good. You deal in nothing but absolutes and I think that is coulding your memory in this case.
I don't think that it is my memory that is clouded this time my friend.

You really don't want to open up the way back machine. Once that door has been opened there is no going back.

Confess your previous undying love for the scrub known as Kolb and you will feel much better.

Bowser

I did a little searching, this was the best I could come up with:

yankeehater said:
Stirker said:
It's still ESPN. Won't believe it until I see it.

He played against the woeful Chiefs and the Saints, who have shown to be fairly average on defense majority of the season. I use to think Eagles without Westbrook would be bad, but that's changed. Eagles without McNabb from here on would be a big relief for the Cowboys, Redskins, and Giants.

Mcnabb has been great for the Eagles and I could definitely understand why Gaints fans would be happy to see him go, he is 14-4 agianst the Giants in his career, but I think 2 years from now you guys will be saying that you wished the Eagles had got rid or Kolb instead.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19265529&postcount=249

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yankeehater said:
Tanamon said:
Plus at least you'll be able to get cheap Kolb jerseys next year.
There is going to be a lot of crow to go around this year. I cant wait.
a lot of crow to one person. i dont think there is another eagles fan here on GAF or that i know who supports getting rid of mcribb for kevin fucking kolb :lol

but, i will be the first to give you your props if kolb is even a slightly above average qb. however, i'm betting on him being a shitty qb and the eagles not sniffing the playoffs.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20724426&postcount=5284

To be fair though, most of your posts seemed to be in the vein of "I dunno how Kolb will do but he should get a chance" and then getting pretty defensive when everyone else was like "lol Kolb sux"

edit: you can lol at CB3 tho:

yankeehater said:
CB3 said:
Jimmy Clausen will be at the very least a solid NFL Pro. Better than Kolb without a doubt (Thats not saying much, I know)
You are out of your mind. I have no idea what your beef with Kolb is, but no fucking way is Clausen going to be better then him. Jimmy has bust written all over him. Kolb has already shown that he can play QB in the NFL. Most QB's struggle in their first few starts, but outside of one bad throw against the Saints Kolb looked great and will only get better once he has more playing time.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20854936&postcount=7109

Top Bottom