• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

rando14

Sup NFL-GAF!

Just back from playing basketball for the first time in ... 2 years (!!!)

which is an idiotic drought, considering basketball is my sport, and it's a young man's game, and I won't be young forever. Alas.

I will now critique my own rusty play:

Dribbling -- okay, felt it coming back
Passing -- awesome as always
Lateral movement, change of direction -- better than I expected
Hops -- also better than I expected
Shooting ability -- it's dead, Jim

:jnc

So like if you made a NBA 2K player, would would you say your overall grade is, like 70/100!!

100/100 being Greg of course

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Sup NFL-GAF!

which is an idiotic drought, considering basketball is my sport, and it's a young man's game, and I won't be young forever. Alas.

What's your scrappiness level?

Greg

Sup NFL-GAF!

what was the occasion? you should play more!

So like if you made a NBA 2K player, would would you say your overall grade is, like 70/100!!

only 40/100 for me

lateral movement and hops maxed out

the rest is OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS BALL DOING IN MY HANDS

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What is the level of competition for MK8? I would like to play with you guys sometime, but I know that I am not that good.

It's mixed, there are some fantastic guys and then there's guys like me, Cajun and Mech who suck hard and battle hard to not be last place.

Doomsayer

Sup NFL-GAF!

How's your motor? Or your grittiness? Are you just an old blue collar player?

Factoring in the usual "I made myself in the game and am therefore 2 inches taller, can jump a foot higher, and am much better looking and muscular", I would be a solid 77/100 role player. 2 ppg (the occasional layup or free throw), 10 assists per game off the bench!

what was the occasion? you should play more!
The Spurs reminded me I liked basketball! and I found a place within walking distance so I don't have to sweat up my car.

What's your scrappiness level?
How's your motor? Or your grittiness? Are you just an old blue collar player?
I would say I am a solid 8/10 on scrappiness due to years of being assigned to guard big fat people in pickup games due to my height and despite my skinniness. Luckily, I have leverage and very sharp elbows

Bread

Banned
im exhausted, no mk for me tonight braaaaaahs

tomorrow night, possibly.

hey fmt im seeing the new wain/showalter flick at a special screening tomorrow night! cant waaaaaaait

Dragon

Banned
I was putting a PC together for my Dad all day. It came time to power it on for the first time and...nothing. I think theres a bad part. Im so pissed.

Doesn't post at all? I once built a computer and didn't use the right screws and the motherboard kept shorting because it was attached to the case :/.

bionic77

Sup NFL-GAF!

No mention of defense?

You are going to have to work hard in practice to convince me to take you off the bench of the NEO GAF team.

And that's weird that you can't shoot. For me I think I will always be able to shoot and pass the ball. Dribbling for me needs a little practice. The thing I have lost is my first step and some of my hops. Biggest thing I have lost is recovery time. I need like 2 days rest after a long day of balling. With that said I still block a ton of bitch ass bitches every week (I play every Sunday). I also get a lot of assists (but rarely get the ball back because most people are ball hogs) and you better not ever leave me open.

cajunator

Banned
Doesn't post at all? I once built a computer and didn't use the right screws and the motherboard kept shorting because it was attached to the case :/.

I always make sure to lay out the standoffs correctly first, I carefully attached the CPU with zero pressure, carefully put the heatsink/cpu fan on, wired everything up correctly, kept the whole thing static free, tested it with both pieces of RAM separately, used two monitor setups, reset the CMOS in case it was already messed up, all sorts of things. Im perplexed. The only things at this point would be a bad motherboard or a bad CPU. When you turn it on all the LEDs light up, the fans all work, but theres no audible beep from the hardware speaker, and the monitors say no display signal detected. Its DVI so I shouldnt require a videocard.
I recently built two other PCs from new parts and they booted up perfectly on the very first try, so its not like I dont know what Im doing.

Spinluck

Damn, there is a 40yr old dude in OT who is just now coming to terms with being black and accepting it. He also ditched his two kids because being a father was too hard for him, and blames his skin color for not being able to get laid.

This is either Gata from the future or GAF is sometimes a sad place.

cajunator

Banned
Damn, there is a 40yr old dude in OT who is just now coming to terms with being black and accepting it. He also ditched his two kids because being a father was too hard for him, and blames his skin color for not being able to get laid.

I couldnt believe that was a real thread.

Narag

sometimes?

It's the internet... probably fake.

No mention of defense?

You are going to have to work hard in practice to convince me to take you off the bench of the NEO GAF team.

And that's weird that you can't shoot. For me I think I will always be able to shoot and pass the ball. Dribbling for me needs a little practice. The thing I have lost is my first step and some of my hops. Biggest thing I have lost is recovery time. I need like 2 days rest after a long day of balling. With that said I still block a ton of bitch ass bitches every week (I play every Sunday). I also get a lot of assists (but rarely get the ball back because most people are ball hogs) and you better not ever leave me open.
Defense is lateral movement + anticipation + effort!

Yeah, I don't know what happened to my shot. It is just... gone. Maybe I should get a search party together and see if I can track it down...

the last time I played basketball my shot was gone and I had no faith in my handles. I was pretty much my team's Mark Madsen. I used to be good dammnit! I was lazy as fuck but had a decent handle and at my size (6'2) could post dudes up. I was like a young Antoine Walker. Now it's gone.

bionic77

Defense is lateral movement + anticipation + effort!

Yeah, I don't know what happened to my shot. It is just... gone. Maybe I should get a search party together and see if I can track it down...
Shooting always seemed like the easiest part of basketball to me. But not all shots are the same. It is one thing to be able to shoot shots when you are open. It is another to be able to shoot off the dribble while covered going a million miles an hour. I can't do that reliably anymore. I just don't play enough. That takes a lot of practice and a lot of games.

But I rarely need to do that in the half court. With screens and ball movement you can usually find someone open.

yeah that was crazy, but this is also seems disrespectful to gata chan.
i guess it could be fake, but OT always has crazy threads

I haven't played a serious game of hoops for years, but a couple weeks ago we had a team picnic and we played a game. I was the oldest one out there by a mile and I was en fuego (do they still say that?).

Anyway, that was always the case with me. First day back after a break, the hoop is a mile wide. Second day back, the hoop is a thimble.

cdyhybrid

xwnxQZl.png

Russell's new womanizing ways are out of control.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Is that how it ended? I only caught the first few pages. He's a deadbeat dad too?

It's my birthday, braaaaaaaahs (do I have enough a's in there?). Can't fall asleep but I gotta get the dogs to the vet in the AM, work all day, get home to receive a 200 lb grill, then finally go out and enjoy a birthday dinner with my family.

Would be nice to do all that on enough sleep but doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

It's my birthday, braaaaaaaahs (do I have enough a's in there?). Can't fall asleep but I gotta get the dogs to the vet in the AM, work all day, get home to receive a 200 lb grill, then finally go out and enjoy a birthday dinner with my family.

Would be nice to do all that on enough sleep but doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

happy birthday brotha! hope you get a monster BJ from the misses

DMczaf

the last time I played basketball my shot was gone and I had no faith in my handles. I was pretty much my team's Mark Madsen. I used to be good dammnit! I was lazy as fuck but had a decent handle and at my size (6'2) could post dudes up. I was like a young Antoine Walker. Now it's gone.

You went from young Toine to old Toine.

Greg

happy birthday man!

Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a great time tomorrow!

Eleuin

happy birthday! I still need to read your book lol

Top Bottom