• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Man, those kids are all terrible people. No love for Donatello?

n53c64bfb02d52.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
ESPN says the NFL is looking into building a stadium in LA themselves.

To be used once every three years to host the Super Bowl. Vacant the other 1,094 days.

I wonder if the popularity of the NFL is low in LA because of them not having a team. There's a lot of merchandise to be sold there.

BigAT

Sounds like Snee is done. It's a shame his body quit on him the last couple of years, but he was still a great Giant with an amazing career.

2x Super Bowl champion, 4x Pro Bowler, 3x Coughlin grandchildren producer

tringali-superbowl.jpg

Giants Guard Chris Snee is expected to announce his retirement. He had hoped to play one more season but when he couldn't even get on the field during non-contact drills this offseason after two hip surgeries and an elbow issue, the writing was on the wall:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...xpected-announce-retirement-article-1.1874094

Chris Snee, the final link to one of the greatest offensive lines in Giants history, is expected to announce his retirement after 10 NFL seasons on Monday, just hours before his 11th would have begun.
The 32-year-old Snee has set up a meeting with Giants officials on Monday morning to discuss his future, according to two sources familiar with his plans. The four-time Pro Bowler has strongly considered retirement in recent days, according to a source familiar with his plans, and several team sources said they were bracing for him to make it official.
However, one source close to Snee insisted that a final decision had not been made, and would be until he talked to his coaches, team doctors, and members of the Giants’ staff. Even if he changed his mind, though, Snee is not physically ready for the start of training camp due to a longer-than-expected recovery from elbow surgery he underwent in November.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ce-retirement-article-1.1874094#ixzz3849mAd1g

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Christian Ponder is a father. I hope Samantha can parlay her good looks into a nice career. I hope Christian is a good Mr. Mom.

When I make my desk calendar with all these facts I will give you a minor credit on the back of the box.

my wife bought me one of these for x-mas relating to the 49ers. it's pretty fucking horrible. maybe once a month there is an interesting fact but most of the time its "AJ JENKINS WENT TO COLLEGE AT ILLINOIS! LEMICHAEL JAMES WENT TO OREGON!" who gives a shit!

i wonder how far in advance they have to do these calendars because this is a 2014 calendar and some of the "facts" say "entering the 2012 season...." I could create a calendar superior in every way if you just gave me a regular 8 hour work day to do it and it would be up to the second accurate!

Greg

my wife bought me one of these for x-mas relating to the 49ers. it's pretty fucking horrible. maybe once a month there is an interesting fact but most of the time its "AJ JENKINS WENT TO COLLEGE AT ILLINOIS! LEMICHAEL JAMES WENT TO OREGON!" who gives a shit!

i wonder how far in advance they have to do these calendars because this is a 2014 calendar and some of the "facts" say "entering the 2012 season...." I could create a calendar superior in every way if you just gave me a regular 8 hour work day to do it and it would be up to the second accurate!
I would pay money for a digital calendar linked to a database of your interesting facts

Top Bottom