• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 42s
Jon Gruden: “Steve Young is who I see when I watch Johnny Manziel’s tape. Lot of common ground: size, speed, playmaking ability and upside.”

smh.

Dammit people.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
"@RapSheet: Me: “I was interested you guys haven’t been at QB pro days.” #Browns GM Ray Farmer: “Are you sure I wasn’t? How do you know?” Big smile."

I'm starting to like this guy.

MechDX

JohnnyFootballsBroom ‏@JohnnyFootbal15 · 54m
@mortreport clearly you weren't paying attention to me out there today. @JManziel2 wanted no part of this. #DraftMe #Texans #Browns

JohnnyFootballsBroom ‏@JohnnyFootbal15 · 3m
@RapSheet Farmer and the #Browns are far more interested in drafting me, The Broom. I think I proved today that I am playmaker.

Oh twitter. The backdrop pic on the account is priceless

https://twitter.com/JohnnyFootbal15

Until Mike Evans becomes a Detroit Lion.

You're goddamned right they are.

Line a young stud wideout like Evans opposite the best receiver in the game Megatron with Golden Tate in the slot and the best QB under 25 Matthew Stafford tossing them the ball in Joe Lombardi's new offense and suddenly they have the Greatest Show on Turf 2.0.

Pair that with a fearsome defensive line, the best defensive lineman in the game in Suh and they can cause some serious havoc.

I hope the NFC is ready. I hope the NFL is ready.

Restore the Roar 2014

So the Browns want Manziel? They and the Bears are the only teams to skip today

Smokescreen.

This is for my boy Wesley,

18.jpg

Screen-shot-2013-12-05-at-12.41.54-PM.png

mollymcgrath9xieq.gif

I would sacrifice my pinky toe to smell her butt.

squicken

Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean
Mike Zimmer shrugged at Manziel's workout: "It was different. It was a different workout." Also called it a "sideshow."

Sorta agree. It's always a spectacle with him. Whoever drafts him is going is going to have a player that draws loads of media and fan attention

There yall go again. Hyping up fair-skinned ladies smh

But:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 31s
Former Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Miami Dolphins, per league source.

Colasante

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 31s
Former Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Miami Dolphins, per league source.

Dang, I was hoping he'd sign with the Patriots. I like the signing for Miami. He won't be a huge upgrade on Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas, but his pass blocking and pass catching could be a big help for Tannehill.

Dang, I was hoping he'd sign with the Patriots. I like the signing for Miami. He won't be a huge upgrade on Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas, but his pass blocking and pass catching could be a big help for Tannehill.

So he's a big upgrade over thomas :p

Edit: she could buy me all the diners in the world as long as she's wearing that cheerleader uniform

Schoob's contract isn't too bad.

Matt Schaub's Raiders contract is a one-year commitment

By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
Published: March 27, 2014 at 03:05 p.m.

When the Oakland Raiders acquired Matt Schaub, he was billed as the long-term solution to their quarterback woes.

As it turns out, the Raiders are essentially committing to Schaub as the starter for just one season.

Originally scheduled to earn $11 million in 2014, Schaub will now collect a $4.5 million fully guaranteed salary and a $3.5 million signing bonus to be paid on March 31, according to NFLPA documents obtained by CSN Bay Area. The deal also calls for $3 million in unlikely to be earned incentives.

The key takeaway from the new agreement, though, is Schaub's $5.5 million non-guaranteed salary for 2015.

If the 32-year-old doesn't bounce back from a disappointing 2013 season, the Raiders can release him without penalty.

Even if Schaub shows enough promise to stick around for another year, he will be compensated at the same level as veteran stop-gaps such as Michael Vick, Josh McCown and Chad Henne.

Coach Dennis Allen has expressed confidence that Schaub will be the face of the franchise for the next three to four seasons.

The reality is the Raiders can painlessly pull the plug in favor of a promising draft pick as soon as October or November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom