• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

Draxal

well since PC version of zero time dilemma released... should I even bother with waiting and just play this or is it better if I am patient(I can wait since its not that big of a deal)?

I'd just wait for VLR and 999 to get ported on steam. then buy ZTD for like 3 dollars or whatever it will be then. But the games are definitely sequential and referential.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Seems like PFT went with a hyperbolic title regarding Calvin Johnson and his comments about the Lions and playoffs. Sports Illustrated went with a different route with their title:

Calvin Johnson on his injuries: ‘When you wake up... you can’t walk’

Johnson discussed the function of team injury personnel, admitted it would have been harder to retire had Detroit been in playoff position, and also said it’s difficult to move when he wakes up every morning, as a byproduct of the wear and tear.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/07/06/ca...etirement-concussions-injuries-waking-morning

Any football or NFL fan that denies or rejects the notion of CTE and the damage it does to the brain, whether memory loss or behavioral problems, when there has been studies to prove the link between concussions and permanent brain injuries are either lying to themselves or delusional.

Chris Henry had CTE at the age of 27

Doctors: Junior Seau's brain had CTE

On and on and on....

Calvin Johnson's comments come right after teammate DeAndre Levy's letter to the NFL about concussions and how it was purposely hidden:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2016/03/report_lions_lb_deandre_levy_o.html

Levy has become one of the league's most noted critics of the NFL's handling of concussions, including questioning the league's continued employment of Pellman, its reported attempts to doctor concussion data and the latest CTE remarks by Irsay -- all within the span of the past couple weeks.

Clearly, this has become personal to Levy.

So why does he keep playing?

"I guess the same reason I'd climb on top of an airplane and ride it," Levy wrote to the Freep in a follow-up email. "I know the risks of camping in the Amazon almost 5 hours away from any town, city or hospital. Maybe I like the chance of beating the odds. Maybe I'm still in denial, thinking that the worst can't happen to me."

How or what can be done about the issue when hundreds of millions watch the sport but the NFL cannot sustain itself with this. I'm sure anyone who's played some sort of football for an extended period of time has CTE to some extent and not a damn thing can be done about it.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Dp

I hate typing from phone.. Damn browser showed I double posted when I didn't it seems.

Anyway.. blah blah Canadian football yada yada Japanese football.

bionic77

Good morning everyone

What if he's just a terrible person?

Hello friend
I don't think Ben has ever publicly supported Trump. I certainly have never seen him wearing his hat. You can't make such horrible accusations without some proof.

Trump asked Ben and others (including Iron Mike) to speak at the convention and Ben declined.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Good news! The NFL has cleared up what a catch is.

CmxR_KQVIAEhFlU.jpg:large

I don't think Ben has ever publicly supported Trump. I certainly have never seen him wearing his hat. You can't make such horrible accusations without some proof.

Trump asked Ben and others (including Iron Mike) to speak at the convention and Ben declined.

I have a sad feeling that 80%+ of the white players and coaches support Trump at least privately. They seems like Trump's ultimate demographic.

Man wtf is up with the Bulls. They traded away an injury prone player in decline for a guy that has missed a ton of games the last 2 years and whose skills are in serious decline. And they are giving him over $40m. This has to be one of the worst signings in the NBA in a long time.

Line_HTX

So how can you tell if someone became a runner if there's already a defender on him?

And turning upfield or taking additional steps is a "football move" right?

MechDX

Making the Leap: Texans OLB Jadeveon Clowney

Clowney's snaps on NFL Gamepass reveal he had a much bigger impact than box scores showed. The 6-foot-5, 266-pounder flashes uncommon strength and aggression to push blockers backward. He sets the edge like a man 25 pounds heavier. He pursues the ball from a play's back side with a zeal usually reserved for guys who get the "hard hat" or "lunch pail" cliché treatment from announcers. (The ultimate sign of grittiness: You wore a hard hat while carrying a lunch pail.)

When asked to occupy two blockers, Clowney can hold opponents at bay like he's Vince Wilfork. Don't even try to send a tight end his way: He will embarrass the worst of them and regularly beat the best -- just ask Rob Gronkowski. His Week 14 showcase against New England was instructive. He also displayed the quickness to get around a double team on the way to two sacks of Tom Brady.

ProFootballFocus' numbers support his underrated campaign, ranking him second among 3-4 outside linebackers (behind only Khalil Mack) as a run defender. He finished sixth in "stop percentage," a sign that Clowney was making stuffs near or behind the line of scrimmage.

The explosive first step is there. The power is there. When Clowney rushes the passer, even veteran tackles often are jolted backward. That's why Clowney recorded 22 hurries in only 300 pass-rush snaps, according to PFF. Clowney needs to fine-tune those pass-rush moves to disengage from blockers and finish plays, something that showed up while he totaled 4.5 sacks in a six-game span from late October to mid December.

He might never be Dwight Freeney or DeMarcus Ware, technicians with an array of ways to get to the quarterback. Instead, look for Clowney to develop into a Terrell Suggs-like Pro Bowl talent who overwhelms opponents with grown-man power and a high motor.

That's what the hot takesmen of the world miss about Clowney. The film shows that he gets after it. He's the rare player whose athleticism pops off the screen, making opponents looking slow and silly in comparison. Perhaps Professional Football Clowney isn't so different after all.

Vrabel isnt getting enough credit here. ALL the Texans linebackers are making big improvements the last couple years. Cushing finally seems to be returning to form, Merc made a name for himself finally, Rookie Benardrick McKinney’s improvement as the season went on was eye opening and now Clowney.

Mike Vrabel is one HELL of a coach.

Spinluck

Today is my birthday guys, hopefully work goes smooth and the Colts win a championship this season!

Spin@SpinCenter

Last quarter, SpinCenter generated double the revenue of BreadStream.

So I remember ez saying he supports the libertarian party but I had never looked into them before, first thing I see is they are against the civil rights act, so I guess that makes sense. Poor America our third party candidates are even worse then the dems and repubs.

So I remember ez saying he supports the libertarian party but I had never looked into them before, first thing I see is they are against the civil rights act, so I guess that makes sense. Poor America our third party candidates are even worse then the dems and repubs.

But no taxes and legal weed tho...

Top Bottom