• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Win some more football games. You guys go in to Dallas and stomp them then get spanked 2 weeks later. Then you lose to the scrub Redskins the following week. Carolina took care of theirs, the Eagles didn't.

Yep. If the Falcons had won they would have done it by sweeping their division.

The Eagles at one point had a stranglehold on their division and the inside track on the 1 seed in the NFC.

They lost 3 out of their last 4. The Panthers won their last 4.

I'm sorry, but I can't be too sympathetic to their cause.

The Eagles take care of their own business down the stretch and they would be in the playoffs.

MechDX

I know my JJ love is borderline Kas-like but this gif is the perfect example of why he is so fucking awesome:

Damn gif is too short. He also tackles the RB with the ball at the end.

Here is the Vine of it:
https://vine.co/v/OwgTPF5ABO3

He just destroys everything!

Jarnet87

I know my JJ love is borderline Kas-like but this gif is the perfect example of why he is so fucking awesome:

Damn gif is too short. He also tackles the RB with the ball at the end.

Here is the Vine of it:
https://vine.co/v/OwgTPF5ABO3

He just destroys everything!

saw a thread bumped about the pass rushers from 2011. All them studs and the Bucs got Adrian Clayborn and Dequan Bowers. in 4 years the two combined for only 20 sacks. Averaged 5 sacks between them a year . Disgrace.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Mech is it fair to say if the Texans didn't have JJ Watt you'd probably be a broken and battered Texans fan right now?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Tacks?

Please share with me this nickname for the Titans.

One of my best friends is a Titans fan so having any ammo to hurl at him is much needed.

MechDX

Tacks?

Please share with me this nickname for the Titans.

One of my best friends is a Titans fan so having any ammo to hurl at him is much needed.

Tennessee-titans-Helmet-logo.png

Look at the logo. Its a damn thumbtack. if you want to really get to them use this:

The Tennessee BESF's. Brother eaten, sister fornicated

EDIT: found the video explaining it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiH4-h4o6Us&feature=youtu.be

Sign some Colts o linemen. they are great at that shit.

I keep myself warm at night knowing the Jags drafted Gabbert and the Tacks drafted Locker instead of Watt
Titans still Miss McNair. RIP. Couldn't find anyone to replace him. Hassleback got too hurt and Young was almost a one year wonder

njean777

It's not like the Eagles were going to do anything in the playoffs this year. And any system that allowed the Eagles in this year would be way more convoluted than the current divisional setup

Not really, just get rid of the divisions and then have only the AFC and NFC. Top 5 or 6 teams with the best win-loss ratio in each conference go to the play offs. Its easy and that way every game that you play counts. If there are ties then play all the tie games maybe one or two weeks before the play offs and you are done. If all the top teams are tie for some reason then give all of them a week off and then continue the play offs.

You may have to shorten the schedule one or two games that way you can still have the Super Bowl in February.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Not really, just get rid of the divisions and then have only the AFC and NFC. Top 5 or 6 teams with the best win-loss ratio in each conference go to the play offs. Its easy and that way every game that you play counts. If there are ties then play all the tie games maybe one or two weeks before the play offs and you are done. If all the top teams are tie for some reason then give all of them a week off and then continue the play offs.

You may have to shorten the schedule one or two games that way you can still have the Super Bowl in February.

And your idea goes up in smoke right there.

effzee

Win some more football games. You guys go in to Dallas and stomp them then get spanked 2 weeks later. Then you lose to the scrub Redskins the following week. Carolina took care of theirs, the Eagles didn't.

That's a rather stupid argument. We did win more games. Certainly more than Carolina or any team from the South.

Carolina took care of what? They went from 12-4 to 7-8-1. Bad team that only made it because of an even worse division. That's not taking care of business that's just being rewarded because of the rules.

The Eagles at one point had a stranglehold on their division and the inside track on the 1 seed in the NFC.

They lost 3 out of their last 4. The Panthers won their last 4.

I'm sorry, but I can't be too sympathetic to their cause.

The Eagles take care of their own business down the stretch and they would be in the playoffs.

Do games down the stretch matter more than at the beginning of the season? Had the Eagles started off 1-4 but won their last 4 would that make it sympathetic?

No shit had they won all their games they would be the top seed. What kind of argument is that? A simple rule change should dictate that all division winners get in UNLESS division winner is below .500

It's the same reason people want to change the the playoff structure in the NBA since it punishes good teams and rewards bad Eastern conference teams.

No.

MechDX

Titans still Miss McNair. RIP. Couldn't find anyone to replace him. Hassleback got too hurt and Young was almost a one year wonder

You're a good poster and respect your fandom but I hate your franchise with every bone in my body. I may joke about it but I would never wish any fan to lose their team to another city. As a fan you invest time, energy, money. You wear their gear and colors and ride an emotional roller coaster with them. When some rich billionaire pitches a tantrum about a new stadium and moves them you are basically powerless to stop them and it just tears away a part of your spirit.

I love how Earl Campbell consistently refused Bud Adams efforts to put him in the Titans ring of fame because he was a Houston Oiler and Houston was basically his home. A shame we didn't get the same consideration the Browns got and the history stayed with the city.

Still my "best day" as a Texan fan:

johnson-finnegan.gif

Tom Penny

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Respect

What round do you pick up Jameis Winston?

I don't have much faith in the guy for the obvious immaturity and off the field garbage...but his coach, Jimbo Fischer, makes it even more concerning when you consider the list of QB prospects this guy has worked with as either offensive coordinator or head coach:

Jamarcus Russell
EJ Manual
Matt Flynn
Christian Ponder
Craig Nall
Matt Mauck
Rohan Davey
Josh Booty

Not exactly a who's who of QBs. Only guy to find any resemblance of success was Flynn and he wasn't more than just a flash in the pan when Rodgers was hurt. And included is one of the biggest draft busts in history, especially when you consider the money Jamarcus got since that was pre-rookie wage scale.

I would be surprised if Jameis drops out of the top 10, but I'm not sure I would want my team to use even a 3rd round pick on the guy, even if you need a QB.

Cross-posting here, since it probably belongs here more than the playoff thread.

Jarnet87

Cross-posting here, since it probably belongs here more than the playoff thread.

Jimbo's job is to win football games and he is successful at it. He develops guys to be succesful at the college level, it's not his fault they suck at the next level, not much he can do really at that point lol. Look at any college coach known for teaching quarterbacks and they are going to have a resume that is mainly guys who were good in college but sucked in the pros.

Jeff Tedford for a long time was considered one of the best at grooming QBs at the college level. 90% of them stunk in the NFL but he also got Aaron Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers and guys like him would excel no matter who coached them, they are just on another level.

LJ11

Have been real busy the last couple of days I think I've already put in 30 hours of work at my job, so I haven't kept up with much but this Marrone opting out shit is picking up steam.

Coached like a coward, would make sense that he'd bail, fits his personality.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Have been real busy the last couple of days I think I've already put in 30 hours of work at my job, so I haven't kept up with much but this Marrone opting out shit is picking up steam.

So from what I understand he has the option to opt out of his deal because ownership changed?

I'd assume he still gets a decent portion of what's left of his contract then? Because it would make no sense to me that he'd opt out when he could be fired and get his full contract.

LJ11

So from what I understand he has the option to opt out of his deal because ownership changed?

I'd assume he still gets a decent portion of what's left of his contract then? Because it would make no sense to me that he'd opt out when he could be fired and get his full contract.

Yes

I don't think he'd get a dime if he opts out and he'll only opt out if his agent has something lined up for him.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Will Burge posted what is probably the earliest mock draft ever. Just essentially who he'd like the Browns to get:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2314705-2015-cleveland-browns-mock-draft-early-offseason-7-round-predictions

I'll save ya a click:

1st Rd - Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa
1st Rd - DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
2nd Rd - Malcom Brown, DT, Texas
3rd Rd - Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia
4th Rd - Tyler Kroft, TE, Rutgers
5th Rd - Levi Norwood, WR, Baylor
6th Rd - Robby Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin
7th Rd - Justin Manton, K, Louisiana-Monroe

Jarnet87

Rumors that the Bucs could interview Dirk Koetter (Falcons), Greg Roman (49ers) and Marty Mornhinweg (Jets) as well as Rob Chudzinski and Chili dog lol. Roman and Mornhinweg sound like the absolute worst of that all list. Can we just hire Trestman already.

Fox318

Wouldn't he rather get fired and get a year or two of salary?

LJ11

Wouldn't he rather get fired and get a year or two of salary?

Will only have one year remaining on his contract after the 2015 season, most of his staff is riding on 2015, no contracts after that. Think Schwartz and maybe Peppers are the exception. He's trying to get a better deal maybe, could be media hysteria, who knows.

Hunter S.

So, Adam Gase will interview for the 49ers, Falcons and Bears on Friday. If he must go I am pleased it will likely be to the NFC and not the Raiders.

Jarnet87

So, Adam Gase will interview for the 49ers, Falcons and Bears on Friday. If he must go I am pleased it will likely be to the NFC and not the Raiders.

I'm always skeptical of offensive coordinators who have great quarterbacks/offenses getting a shot at head coach, especially those who have had Peyton Manning. He basically runs the offense himself lol.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm always skeptical of offensive coordinators who have great quarterbacks/offenses getting a shot at head coach, especially those who have had Peyton Manning. He basically runs the offense himself lol.

Arians had Peyton, Ben and then Luck.

Haslett and the Slurs "mutually agree" for him to leave.

Fucking good ol' boys bullshit trying to preserve his resume.

Done with this trash ass organization. Piece of fucking shits that they are.

Hunter S.

Peyton deserves a lot of credit running the most successful offense during the two years Gase has been the Denver OC. The reason he is drawing so much attention is because he worked as a personnel coach ( Brandon Marshell) and position coach as well. No other coach being looked at as a 1st year coach has that much diverse experience. Chargers have done better taking former Broncos OC in McCoy than a lot of new coaches have done. So really as fresh meat, Gase has a lot going for him.

Respect

Mornhinweg considered as a head coach candidate? All I can think of is "I choose to kick off in sudden death overtime rules."

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
thats a pretty good group to coach, bet he wishes he had one of those guys right now. Cardinals are playing really well under him but they need a QB to take the next step.

The only one of those qb's that could make it out of his offense alive right now is Luck. Peyton would be dead within 3 plays.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

I made a similar post in CFB-GAF when someone brought up Jimbo being a QB Builder, in regards to getting QB's picked in the 1st round.

More a sign that NFL teams are crazy-starved for QB's and will do terrible things on Draft Day.

Kas jerkoff material on NFLN.

They just showed the NFL Sound clip of when Stafford broke his collarbone and came back in to throw the gamewinning touchdown.

This old post of mine made me smile:

Baltimore Larry from 5/9 said:
I'm glad the Browns got Manziel. I don't like him and don't think his game will translate to the pros, so it'll be fun to watch him get smashed on twice a year (by the Ravens, but he'll get smashed on by Pitt and Cincy too). For once, I actually care about the Browns in the AFC North. To compete? No, of course not. But to revel in Manziel's failures, and thus, their failures as well. Typically, I could have given a fuck about the Browns. They have yet to be relevant. Now they're relevant because of a cocky overrated draft pick.

I can't wait to watch Suggs crush JFF and hit him with the dumb money thing he does. Makes me wish Ray and James Harrison were still mashing dudes all over the AFC North.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=111287503&postcount=10607

Top Bottom