• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

And Mariota! Don't steal him from us! You guys have Johnny Football!
I like Mariota but I'd personally like to see us keep and make both of our first round picks. Sure up our D and add a Wr. I'm a JFF fan but Browns need to proceed like we can't count on Manziel in FA and the draft.

We're all still pretty early in the draft process though

Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti on salary cap-

"Some teams don’t spend to the cap. We do. I’m envious of them this time of year. They’re envious when we make the playoffs"

In-chair-smoking-a-cigar.jpg

I hope a supermodel with a Hank Hill ass falls in love with you.

I live right near the main road with a restaurant every 100 feet so I just applied to a ton until one hired me. Do that, what's the worst that can happen?

That's the nicest thing you've said to me in a long time

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Jets, Rams, Bills, Browns, Titans, Texans

I don't know which one will do it, but I think someone will give up a 2016 first. I'm confident that the Eagles will at least get a 2nd.

I'm worried about you if you think these two teams would trade a first for Foles.

Especially since one of them doesn't have a first round pick in 2016. :eek:

bionic77

That's assuming the league doesn't take the Browns first round pick for blatant admitted cheating.
Shouldn't the penalty for admitting cheating be less than trying to get away with it?

Like say for example a franchise that is filled with cheating cunts?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shouldn't the penalty for admitting cheating be less than trying to get away with it?

Like say for example a franchise that is filled with cheating cunts?

The Colts indeed should be punished for repeated cheating. Then again their head coach and GM are actively holding them back.

gutshot

Yeah, there is no way the Eagles will get a first for Foles. Don't forget, whoever trades a first for Foles is going to have to sign him to a contract extension immediately, because giving up a 1st rounder for a one year solution at QB is silly. And while Foles isn't going to expect Russell Wilson money, he's still gonna want to get paid like a starting QB which means around $15m a year. And no team is going to shell out a first rounder plus $15m a year to a guy who hasn't proven himself to be a franchise QB yet.

I think a 2nd rounder is probably the best you could hope for. A 3rd seems more likely, since a team could probably justify spending a 3rd on him and giving him a year to see how he does before signing him to an extension. I could see a team like the Jets, if they were to miss out on Winston and Mariota, maybe trading for Foles and letting him "compete" with Geno Smith for the starting job. There is no way in hell they are bringing back Sanchez, so this might be the best option for them. Don't forget Bowles was here during Foles' rookie season.

:( I have to believe.

Best we can hope for, in my opinion, is trading Foles, 2015 1st & 2nd and 2016 1st for the Jests pick, and if we can't get that, the Rams for their pick.

I'm not down on Foles, I think the Eagles can win some playoffs with him if they shore up the secondary. But if the coaching staff really think it's going to increase their chances to win a superbowl then I am 100% fine with them making that trade.

Damn didn't realize parks and recs ended tonight, I gotta catch up. Kave will call me thirsty but id shit on Amy poehler lap.
Ron Swanson and Tom are heroes.
With how all the talk is going it feels like Shelton won't be there at 12. :(
Just outside the top ten, we'll get a high profile player no matter what. Might sound crazy now, but what if cooper drops a bit? ....but honestly expect the first pick to be defense as of now, but still early. d talent at top of draft seems to be plenty

It's worth losing on the road to top 15 opponents because when the fans storm the court I get to pretend like Wisconsin is a basketball powerhouse.

I watched it on my dvr. That shit was embarassing because half the crowd knew that wasn't "storm the court worthy". The flow of fans looked like hourglass sand.

effzee

No thanks. I don't want to give up that much. And if they then trade Foles to recoup some of those losses, you'd be going into the season with a rookie QB and rookie RB, unless you think Polk is the answer.

I'm starting to come around on the idea of drafting best available corner or edge rusher at 20 and then getting a project QB in the 2nd or 3rd.

Yeah I am more and more in line with this thought.

Now if somehow Mariota has a shocking drop and gets past 20....

but I really want GM Chip to use FA and the draft to fix the D.

Foles plays QB in a league with very few difference makers at QB. I think Foles could get you a first.

I don't want to lose McCoy. I think the Eagles don't want to pay him $12 million in 2015. His cap hit is second only to Adrian Peterson. Running backs don't get paid that much anymore. I agree with Chuck that I would want to trade someone other than McCoy.

McCoy is worth every penny of that deal though.

It would be awesome if it could be restructured but he makes enough of a difference where you can justify paying him that much.

Its funny because you see the majority of Eagles GAF here constantly shit on Foles yet think they can get a first for him

We got a 6th round pick for Schaub and were on cloud nine because of it. Thank you Raiders!

Majority of Eagles fans shit on him?

Youve said this before and it still makes no sense. YH is the only who outright shits on him. Most of us just aren't sold on him and didn't buy into his run.

But the market decides. If Glennon could possibly fetch a 3rd, then surely Foles can get a 2nd round pick for the Eagles.

The Eagles should just draft Hundley instead of spending all those assets to get Mariota.

Yup. Let Foles play out his contract and see once and for all what he is or isn't.

Meanwhile develop Hundley to start in 2016.

Improve the D so the team isn't 100% reliant on the offense to score 30 plus per game.

gutshot

Sounds like the Eagles are the odds-on favorite to land Byron Maxwell.

Since my posting Friday on the belief the Philadelphia Eagles are the front-runners for Byron Maxwell, additional sources have told me they agree with the assessment and feel Maxwell will end up with the team.

http://walterfootball.com/combinerumors.php

Now go draft Trae Waynes or Marcus Peters in the first and our corners will go from a weakness to a strength.

bionic77

The Colts indeed should be punished for repeated cheating. Then again their head coach and GM are actively holding them back.
I am ok with punishing all of the cheaters.

Steeler fans accepted Goodell punishing our team by suspending our qb for a rape that he was never convicted for. Hell he was neven even arrested or charged. He was suspended on allegation alone for something that had nothing to do with the game. I believe it was 6 game that was reduced to 4.

For a team to have multiple allegations of cheating on the fucking field? Are you serious? If the Colts were half as dirty as the Pats I would be ok with them losing Luck and being forced to give Pagano a 10 year contract as punishment.

If the league gave a shit they should have suspended Brady from the SB and suspended Belicheat for 5 years for this happening on his watch (the same standard used for the Saints). But Goodell doesn't give a fuck and the money and cheap whores that Kraft feeds him are too good to turn down.

I am going to lump Goodell in with the cheating cunts. When the league does nothing I am going to nominate him as an honorary Patriot. The worst punishment I can think of in the NFL.

Top Bottom