• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

jakncoke

Banned
Foles plays QB in a league with very few difference makers at QB. I think Foles could get you a first.

I don't want to lose McCoy. I think the Eagles don't want to pay him $12 million in 2015. His cap hit is second only to Adrian Peterson. Running backs don't get paid that much anymore. I agree with Chuck that I would want to trade someone other than McCoy.

So give up a 1st in hopes he returns to 2013 or something?

I think you're setting yourself up in dreamland.

If you can get a 2nd i think you should count your blessing. 3rd probably more to reality unless multiple picks are involved

MechDX

So give up a 1st in hopes he returns to 2013 or something?

I think you're setting yourself up in dreamland.

If you can get a 2nd i think you should count your blessing. 3rd probably more to reality unless multiple picks are involved

3rd is somewhat realistic but a 4th is more likely.

MechDX

:jnc We're getting into Crackhead Mallett territory.

Bet? If Foles is traded for anything better than a 3rd I'll wear an avatar of your choice for a month.

3rd or worse I pick your avatar for a month

If he doesn't get traded no avatar changes.

No way Foles goes for a 1st, I would say 3rd is on the bright side. Then again somehow Palmer went for a 1st, would love to read the transcript on those trade talks. I understand how Cutler went for a first though

JABEE

Bet? If Foles is traded for anything better than a 3rd I'll wear an avatar of your choice for a month.

3rd or worse I pick your avatar for a month

If he doesn't get traded no avatar changes.
This offseason? Sure, I'll make that bet. What if he's part of a Mariota trade? Or a trade to move up? How will we parse that?

jakncoke

Banned
No way Foles goes for a 1st, I would say 3rd is on the bright side. Then again somehow Palmer went for a 1st, would love to read the transcript on those trade talks. I understand how Cutler went for a first though

Ye but the Raiders have Derek Carr atm, no way they can derp a 1st away

MechDX

WELCOME TO CLEVELAND MIKE GLENNON!

WELCOME TO CLEVELAND MARCUS MARIOTTA!

TOOMANYLIMES.jpg

BrownsQBstapedoverJersey.jpg

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter · 1h1 hour ago
Josh McCown is visiting Browns on Tuesday & Wednesday. He also visited w/ Bills last week, met Bears & Jets at combine. (via @JFowlerESPN)

McCown! Cleveland just going to stockpile QB's. One of them has to hit right?

JABEE

I don't think Foles is worth a first. I just think some team will give the Eagles a first. I'm confident in my bet with Mech.

MechDX

I don't think Foles is worth a first. I just think some team will give the Eagles a first. I'm confident in my bet with Mech.

For your sake I hope so:

iZb79Ub.png

Godslay

Banned
Foles won't fetch a 1st.

With a 1st round pick you get to choose who you want and they will be cheaper initially.

It's also not a vote of confidence if you are trying to trade him away to replace him with another QB. Instantly devalues him.

He's a known quantity as well, so teams will know his limitations, where with a rookie they lean towards potential rather than knowing the limitations.

Personally, I would draft a QB every draft. It helps to get better at evaluation as well as increasing chances of getting lucky with a good QB.

Jets, Rams, Bills, Browns, Titans, Texans

I don't know which one will do it, but I think someone will give up a 2016 first. I'm confident that the Eagles will at least get a 2nd.
Browns will trade up for Mariota before giving up a first for Foles. Mariota trade option is a option for us. But would rather see us use the picks even though I like Mariota. Browns won't be giving a first for Foles, and you can ask Kave I'm pretty in tune with what the Browns thoughts are.

Personally Id like to use our first two picks on defense and wr/O weapon. Get Hundley in another round, and let a vet start. Johnny manBae gets a job as assistance head president of the team when he leaves rehab.

You'd be hard pressed to find a team willing to give a first for Foles, seems like a pipe dream at this point friend.

Konka

Banned
Browns will trade up for Mariota before giving up a first for Foles. Mariota trade option is a option for us. But would rather see us use the picks even though I like Mariota. Browns won't be giving a first for Foles, and you can ask Kave I'm pretty in tune with what the Browns thoughts are.

Personally Id like to use our first two picks on defense and wr/O weapon. Get Hundley in another round, and let a vet start. Johnny manBae gets a job as assistance head president of the team when he leaves rehab.

You'd be hard pressed to find a team willing to give a first for Foles, seems like a pipe dream at this point friend.

He's better than trent truck so there is always a chance.

BG you don't like Kanye? It's Yeezy Season baby.
I'm a kanye Stan. You guys might think Drake is my favorite artist, but kanye is.

Jak just keeps saying ye instead of yeah, me and him are trying to get to the root of this.
He's better than trent truck so there is always a chance.
Trent is a legend.
It's possible, but it won't be the browns. If anything we're your biggest competition for Mariota and we're driving the price up for you guys.

Spinluck

I retired from Pat hating too soon.

Apparently 4 rings aren't enough for you ungrateful fucks.

Looks like I might have to pull a Favre.

Konka

Banned
I'm a kanye Stan. You guys might think Drake is my favorite artist, but kanye is.

Jak just keeps saying ye instead of yeah, me and him are trying to get to the root of this.

Trent is a legend.
It's possible, but it won't be the browns. If anything we're your biggest competition for Mariota and we're driving the price up for you guys.

You were once our biggest competition for Chip as well.

Tom Penny

I retired from Pat hating too soon.

Apparently 4 rings aren't enough for you ungrateful fucks.

Looks like I might have to pull a Favre.

Quitter. Brady has only about 5 years left so in 2020 Luck will have a legit chance to get to the SB. That isn't that long.

Top Bottom