• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Fox318

This will be used today at some point
8MpXrP8.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Glad they're addressing Bortles' arm on this espn argument show. From the film, it looks like he has some sort of flaw that makes the ball float a bit. Jaws said he looked good on his pro day.

Wes

venison crêpe
@AdamSchefter 6m
Teams that have inquired about trading UP include DET, NYJ, CLEV (from 26), SF, HOU (from round 2 into 1), ATL (from round 2 into 1).

Teams with some level of interest in trading BACK include OAK, TB, TENN, BALT, MIA, NE (surprise, surprise).

I meant those ranting about others spoiling. You said yourself you didn't want to see that!

Oh I see! Well we'll just see how it goes. I'm sure it'll all be good anyway.

Plus, as it's starting at 1am local, I'll probably be asleep as soon as the Browns have picked at 4 anyway.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wes is gonna hand out 100 tags today.

Most of which will be about the Steelers and Birmingham City sucking and the Browns and Aston Villa being the bestest ever.

Not sure why people even want tags since they're usually marks of shame and ridicule 95% of the time.

Also JFF is Ryan Leaf 2.0 and Luck will win a Super Bowl someday.

Your definition of bad is very strange considering he had QB ratings of 124.4 and 105.0 respectively in those two games. I know he left some plays out on the field, but he didn't play bad and he certainly wasn't the main reason we lost the Saints game.

Last season was essentially his rookie season, considering the disarray the team was in in his actual rookie season and all the turnover they incurred during that subsequent offseason. I'm excited to see what he can do this year with a full offseason as starter under his belt and an offense designed around him and his strengths.

And if he busts, then we go grab ourselves Mariota who is a better prospect than JFF anyway. Win win!

I dont see how last season was his rookie year when he started 7 games the previous season. Eagles would have blown the Saints out if the offense could have scored in the first half. He held the ball to long, and he would rather take sacks then throw the ball away and risk a pick. I feel that his reluctance to run also holds the offense back at times. He made a ton of plays last year but it feels like he made passes to wide open guys due to how good the schemes were last year, I think lots of QBs could have done what he did, and maybe even did better. I do love your point about getting Mariota next year if Foles doesnt pan out. My fear is Foles puts up good numbers in this offense again, the team wins a weak division and then gets bounced in the first round and we have to give Foles a Flacco type contract which ruins our cap.

Fox318

Hoping a tackle or receiver the Panthers like falls to 28, but I'm preparing myself for a BPA defense pick. Gettleman has said over and over again that they won't reach in the first round for a particular position.

The draft being so late this year plus the Panthers with a late round pick has completely sapped my interest in the offseason...

Order of Panthers' Nation Anger based on what they do with 28. (From least angry to most angry)

0) Take a top tier WR (Watkins,Evans, Beckham Jr.): This is 0 because it won't happen. None of those guys will be on the board by 28 and the Panthers aren't trading up.

1) Take a second tier WR (Cooks, Lattimer, Lee, Benjamin, Robinson)

2) Take a second tier offensive tackle (Kouandjio, Moses)

3) Take a third tier offensive tackle (Bitonio, James, Turner)- I doubt this happens either because its a super reach for need. Not Getts' MO

4) Take a corner-back

5) Trade out of the first round

6) Take a defensive lineman if he's BPA, even though it's a position of strength.

There will be a lot of upset people in the Carolinas if Gettleman takes Dee Ford even though we are already paying defensive ends a gazillion dollars instead of WR/tackle

Bowser

Order of Panthers' Nation Anger based on what they do with 28. (From least angry to most angry)

0) Take a top tier WR (Watkins,Evans, Beckham Jr.): This is 0 because it won't happen. None of those guys will be on the board by 28 and the Panthers aren't trading up.

1) Take a second tier WR (Cooks, Lattimer, Lee, Benjamin, Robinson)

2) Take a second tier offensive tackle (Kouandjio, Moses)

3) Take a third tier offensive tackle (Bitonio, James, Turner)- I doubt this happens either because its a super reach for need. Not Getts' MO

4) Take a corner-back

5) Trade out of the first round

6) Take a defensive lineman if he's BPA, even though it's a position of strength.

There will be a lot of upset people in the Carolinas if Gettleman takes Dee Ford even though we are already paying defensive ends a gazillion dollars instead of WR/tackle

Apparently there's a lot of buzz around Benjamin according to beat writers. Wouldn't be thrilled with the pick but would be okay with it.

McShay's final mock has us passing on Odell Beckham Jr for Morgan Moses :|

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
From a distance, I'd think a big wr would be great for Cam and the Panthers. Evans would be ideal with Benjamin a decent consolation prize if they stay put in the draft.

At last! Too bad still have to get through the work day first but soon we won't have any more awful first round smokescreens or insanely idiotic predictions on picks from this round like us taking Carr.

Now to kill time you guys can start predicting what each draftee will choose as his "walk on" song.

I've probably been hiding under a rock but this is the first I've heard of this:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 14m

Change to draft format this year: each draft pick in attendance will have selected a walk-up song to be played when he is selected.

Did Vince McMahon suddenly become the commissioner of the NFL or something?

Talon

1Clowney
2Robinson
3Mack
4Watkins
5Mathews

6. What does ATL do? I've seen Lewan but that seems like a pretty possible scenario that really screws the Falcons. I sorta think that Evans also goes top 5, but it's hard to know to who
Judging by the media waffling, I think teams actually like Lewan better than the media types think.

rando14

I've probably been hiding under a rock but this is the first I've heard of this:

Did Vince McMahon suddenly become the commissioner of the NFL or something?

I think we can all agree that Johnny Handegg's song will be a select Drake choice!!

Mine would be the Power Rangers opening theme!!

squicken

Judging by the media waffling, I think teams actually like Lewan better than the media types think.

Agreed, but I don't think ATL walks away happy with the value of it. They really want both Evans and Watkins going in the top 5, or at least one QB

I still don't think Raiders take an OT or WR at 5.

My gut says they trade down and take best QB available. Hopefully Teddy, but Carr is a strong possibility.

BigAT

Peter King:

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/05/08/2014-nfl-draft-peter-king/?eref=sihp

Pats? Saints? Chargers?

Doubt it's the Broncos as they're in win now mode.

I'm used to Peter King being terrible by just being straight incorrect, but what type of vague horseshit reporting is this? His description is applicable to like 8 teams. There are less than 12 hours to go until the draft, if you know something say the team, if not just go back to writing puff pieces about Tom Brady.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
In regards to the Cowboys
People saying the cap is an illusion because you can restructure is like saying bills are an illusion because you can borrow. Sure, you can get some flexibility but if you Jerry Jones it that flexibility runs out.

Top Bottom