• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Can't tell. Who are you picking? Oh wait...nevermind! #nopick “@BlueColtsMascot: Hey @TexansTORO1... first pick tonight? #NFLDraft @nfl”

Mascot trolling

Fuck the Colts. Eh Narag?

What a terrible trade that was.

LJ11

Marcell Dareus has been a chronic pot smoker for years, Bills drafted him knowing full well how much he loved weed, still can't get him to stop smoking. Another example of a team ignoring "bad" traits.

Bowser

The draft being so late this year plus the Panthers with a late round pick has completely sapped my interest in the offseason...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
What's the decorum going to be with regards tweeting picks? You know LaCanfora is going to be spamming his feed up with all the info he gets before the commissioner says anything.

Are we allowing it or avoiding it?
The NFL draft theater and both threads can burn to the ground worrying about this shit for all I care. Gonna be in a post-finals coma!

But spoiler tags are still retarded.

squicken

Honestly I have no idea how good he'll end up being, but to me Luck is on a whole different tier when it comes to pure talent and potential.

My favorite thing about both guys is that they don't panic when things break down. Bill Walsh quote on it

“The single trait that separates great quarterbacks from good quarterbacks is the ability to make the great, spontaneous decision, especially at a crucial time, the play that was called has broken down and 22 players are moving in almost unpredictable directions all over the field. This is where the great quarterback uses his experience, vision, mobility and what we will call spontaneous genius. He makes something good happen.”

ESPN had this QBR stat where Luck is actually a below average passer. What has made him so good is his scrambling for first downs and TDs. But yeah, he's obviously on another level. Still think Texans should take JFF. Same with all the QB needy teams

Vyroxis

Banned
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Except I would be sad to see the Vikings select any QB in the first. I don't think there's a huge power gap between the top guys and the lower rounds.

Thats the thing, they know more than we do. Maybe they think a QB is worth it with all their off season pickups. Maybe they realise that nobody we are interested will fall to us in the second. Maybe they looked fprward a year and didnt like what they saw in the next draft. Who knows.

Regardless, I would go with Barr or Dixon in the first. But if they think a QB is the way to go, in Speilman I trust.

My favorite thing about both guys is that they don't panic when things break down. Bill Walsh quote on it

ESPN had this QBR stat where Luck is actually a below average passer. What has made him so good is his scrambling for first downs and TDs. But yeah, he's obviously on another level. Still think Texans should take JFF. Same with all the QB needy teams
The exact opposite end of that panic spectrum is Gabbert. Yeah, I agree, that factor is huge. That's a big part of why Tannehill hasn't broken out yet, he's only average at making things happen when a play breaks down. If I was a Texans fan I honestly don't know who I'd want to pick up as QB.

Bowser

Peter King:

7. I think there’s a team with a very good veteran quarterback in his 30s that loves Blake Bortles. Just loves him. And if Bortles somehow falls into the twenties, this team is going to try to trade for a pick to get him.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/05/08/2014-nfl-draft-peter-king/?eref=sihp

Pats? Saints? Chargers?

Doubt it's the Broncos as they're in win now mode.

edit: Just now noticed the "very good" part...which means it's not an elite guy like Brady/Brees. Makes me think Chargers...

MechDX

Ready to make some young man's dream come true tonight by trading his rights to the Browns.

-Not Coach O'Brien Twitter

I love parody accounts

Bowser

My guess is the Saints. Just think Payton knows he has a year or two to develop him and then have him ready when Brees moves on

Yeah I would have thought Saints, but the "very good vet QB" part made me rethink and now I feel like he's talking about the Chargers. Timing would work well as Rivers only has 2 years left on his deal.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'll bring the topic up in the other thread.

I don't think it'll be something I'll use mod powers to enforce. Maybe just tell people if they want to post a pick that someone has said on twitter to use spoiler tags?

Use your powers, oh wise one. Start by banning hito.

Wes

venison crêpe
The NFL draft theater and both threads can burn to the ground worrying about this shit for all I care. Gonna be in a post-finals coma!

But spoiler tags are still retarded.

I don't like them either but would it not be worse though if the thread descended in to "Stop posting picks from twitter" rants?

Use your powers, oh wise one. Start by banning hito.

The only person I'm banning today is Mech if the Texans take Mack.

Fox318

Marcell Dareus has been a chronic pot smoker for years, Bills drafted him knowing full well how much he loved weed, still can't get him to stop smoking. Another example of a team ignoring "bad" traits.

It will be legal in the states in the near future. Bills were just ahead of the curve.

Wes

venison crêpe
PFT - Ray Farmer: Best part of draft is that no one knows what we’ll do

180299_o.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
Well, I'm not the one holding the banstick here!

Hah! Well, I'm not going to ban someone for spoilering. Unless they do it constantly when people have asked them not to. Just trying to get out ahead of any potential issue.

Good luck with your finals you mentioned by the way.

Fox318

Wes is gonna hand out 100 tags today.

Most of which will be about the Steelers and Birmingham City sucking and the Browns and Aston Villa being the bestest ever.

Syrinx

I have an open-laptop, open-notes exam in five minutes, and I'm getting that dark feeling that the professor and TA are only letting us do this because they're absolutely sinister.

Last one though.

Top Bottom