• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

I used to love it,
When I was unemployed or working freelance
and even now I love it all the way through like the 3rd or 4th. I'm just busy nowadays.

That is my problem. I used to watch every second, and then I would go back and listen to all the Eagles website audio from the entire draft, so I would basically go through it twice just to get different reactions and perspectives. Sadly I am way to busy to do that now. Draft time is one of my favorite times of year though.

We want Sapp

8nntd.gif

Wasn't that gif him talking about Montana? hahahaha

Auburn/Alabama game was up there with any NFL game last season, I have to admit. I much prefer NFL overall but college games can sometimes be incredibly entertaining. BCS Championship was great as well.

To be absolutely honest, I probably won't even watch the draft until the Panthers pick.

Smokescreen/mock season combined with the fact that the Panthers won't draft anyone that I actually want killed my interest.

NBA Playoffs + The Show tonight

Too many teams, too many bowls, bunch of shit players/teams.

At least we finally get a playoff this year, even though it is gimped and they will find a way to pick the wrong teams. My problem with NCAA football is there being no champion at the end. Drives me nuts to play a whole year and not decide anything.

At least we finally get a playoff this year, even though it is gimped and they will find a way to pick the wrong teams. My problem with NCAA football is there being no champion at the end. Drives me nuts to play a whole year and not decide anything.

Yeah a proper playoff system would certainly help.

cdyhybrid

Actually you rarely get blow outs, most games are competitive regardless of the teams record. And teams can rise and fall quickly. Plus there are only 32 teams compared to however many there are in college football.

You rarely get blowouts because coaches are too conservative to let it get that bad. Look at the Pats in the 18-1 year. They were pissed off that they couldn't cheat anymore so they just ran it up against everyone they played (except the Giants lololololol).

We will travel, we will suffer, we will boo, and we will scream because we are the fans the Jets deserve.

I wish dolphin fans would be more vocal, most of the fans that show up to this stuff are stupid homers, they'll cheer for everything. I know some of them...ugh.

You rarely get blowouts because coaches are too conservative to let it get that bad. Look at the Pats in the 18-1 year. They were pissed off that they couldn't cheat anymore so they just ran it up against everyone they played (except the Giants lololololol).

Eli will always hold a special place in my heart lol

Real conversations in this thread? LOL. Nope.gif.
We shall work tirelessly in hopes of one day meeting your standards.

Come on, man. Parity in the NFL is so much more of a thing than in college football. It's not even remotely arguable.

cdyhybrid

We shall work tirelessly in hopes of one day meeting your standards.

Come on, man. Parity in the NFL is so much more of a thing than in college football. It's not even remotely arguable.

Of course it's more of a thing. But it's not nearly as bad in college as people make it out to be.

Fox318

I wish dolphin fans would be more vocal, most of the fans that show up to this stuff are stupid homers, they'll cheer for everything. I know some of them...ugh.

Eli will always hold a special place in my heart lol

Jets could draft the next Peyton Manning and we would all still boo.

Draft is won in rounds 3-5 anyway. Today is just for the big names that will be out of the league in 3 years.

Crisco

Banned
Seriously, in college football only about 4 teams have a legitimate chance of winning the championship each year, picked from the same pool of about 12 teams, and you know who they are by week 2. There isn't even an illusion of parity. At least college basketball mixes things up with a massive single elimination tournament.

cdyhybrid

Seriously, in college football only about 4 teams have a legitimate chance of winning the championship each year, picked from the same pool of about 12 teams, and you know who they are by week 2. There isn't even an illusion of parity. At least college basketball mixes things up with a massive single elimination tournament.

There were only 4 teams with a chance of winning the Super Bowl this year.

squicken

I'd love for STL to draft Mike Evans if I thought they could get Zack Martin at 13. If they do go Evans or Watkins at 2, they will have to trade up in front of NYG to get him

dionysus

Yaldog

So by week 2, then the Texans were still one of those 4 teams.

UberTag

You'd have to jump up to at least 11, Martin won't get past the Giants.
I don't see him getting past the Bills at 9 - unless they make a play to trade up and land Watkins or Evans. Lewan never visited them and I can't see them pulling the trigger on Ebron unless they trade down.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
@MikeCairns5
Wow are the trade winds blowing here in NYC #Browns continue to be the most talked about team in the draft trade up trade down and add picks

Still hearing #Browns identified several trade partners to deal and gain a third first round pick. Tell you all about with @CLETalkingHeads

It's happening! Falcons, Bills or Lions are coming up!

If Mayhew gives up next year's 1st-rounder he needs to be fired on the spot.

This team isn't 1 player away from a Super Bowl.

Top Bottom