• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Tenumi

Banned
The further we got from the hiring, the better I've felt about the Jim Caldwell hiring. Looking back at the Colts during his seasons, its not really surprising what happened, and realistically, most coaches would have had the same kind of results.

Plus, the assistant coach hirings were quite promising. If anything, an improved coaching staff should make for a better season.

Of course, it's on the players as well. If Stafford doesn't step up this season, it's time to start looking in another direction. Suh will resign, I'm pretty sure of that. I'd love to see a mid round DT drafted to replace Fairly. As for the secondary, I want to see how the 2nd and 3rd year corners do this year. If they fail, then next year there's no excuse to skip it.

Fox318

I think I found what I want for xmas

FONzHXeh.png

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Defensive Line- Young and the best in the game.
Linebackers- Average.
Secondary- Meh.

Restore the Roar 2014.

LOL at our defensive line being the best in the game. They went 2-3 games at a time without getting decent pressure on a QB. Agree with you on the rest, though, which is exactly why I think we're not one player away. The secondary needs at least two upgrades.

LJ11

Bills quote is the most accurate in the above mock.

Haven't missed a draft in 10 years, think I should just go play ball because I can't stomach the Bills drafting Martin after taking EJ last year.

Wes

venison crêpe
OH SHHHHHHIIIII

@RapSheet
Johnny Football is still a possibility for #Vikings at No. 8. Owners are flying in for a late, pre-draft meeting where the call will be made

Bobby Fucking Wagner

It was very humbling playing in the Super Bowl; I’d watched all my favorite players, and to have that opportunity myself was very humbling. The only thing I remember about playing in the Super Bowl is that I was extremely nervous, my palms were sweaty. I think I was sweaty before I even put my stuff on. But I realized I was good once I got out there and saw Peyton Manning’s face. I figured I wasn’t as nervous as he was.

Fox318

Bills quote is the most accurate in the above mock.

Haven't missed a draft in 10 years, think I should just go play ball because I can't stomach the Bills drafting Martin after taking EJ last year.

If you had the first pick would you trade or draft Clowney?
Should the Bills Trade up?
Who should the Bills draft?
If JFF was picked up by the Bills would you sharpen your pitchfork?

LJ11

If you had the first pick would you trade or draft Clowney?
Should the Bills Trade up?
Who should the Bills draft?
If JFF was picked up by the Bills would you sharpen your pitchfork?

yea i would draft clowney
no
best player who isn't a tackle unless their name matthews/robinson. evans, odb, ebron, fuller, or barr are the guys i'd draft.
no, i would welcome it even though im not the biggest JFF fan, EJ sucks.

Striker

Giants collapse was the second biggest surprise of the season behind the Texans. It amazes me that they managed to get to 7-9 after an 0-6 start.
With the question marks at RB, the OL, and the TE spot, I wasn't so sure. But I didn't think the NFCE was too great, either. The Steelers were in a similar spot, just had the Bengals in there capturing the division handily.

Browns have to take the QB with the first pick. Gordon was a 2nd rounder and he was arguably the best receiver in the league with Weeden and Campbell throwing to him most of the year. You have a #1 WR and there are WRs all over this draft. No way they take Watkins or Evans.

I respectfully disagree, Plinko. We are one playmaker away from Super Bowl contention.

Quarterback- Elite
Running Back Core- Young and solid
Wide Reciever Core- Best receiver in the game. Need one more opposite.
Offensive Line- One of the best in the league last year with two rookies starting.
Tight Ends- Young and developing.

Defensive Line- Young and the best in the game.
Linebackers- Average.
Secondary- Meh.

When you look at our team from top to bottom the only area we are bad is secondary. If we get one more wide reciever opposite Megatron we'll be dropping 40 a game so it won't matter how are secondary is. On top of that the defensive line will cause havok and buy the secondary time.

We have three 4th round picks. If all it takes is one 3rd rounder to move up 5 spots to grab Evans or Watkins you have to do it.

Restore the Roar 2014.

There's enough butter in this post to bake three dozen cookies.

With the question marks at RB, the OL, and the TE spot, I wasn't so sure. But I didn't think the NFCE was too great, either. The Steelers were in a similar spot, just had the Bengals in there capturing the division handily.

I think the biggest similarity between both teams was the QBs. Ben and Eli trying to do too much and paying dearly for it. It's was such a relief that Ben finally started to shoot down the Haley beef after the bye.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
OH SHHHHHHIIIII

@RapSheet
Johnny Football is still a possibility for #Vikings at No. 8. Owners are flying in for a late, pre-draft meeting where the call will be made

Only time the Vikings have been relevant at all in the last 15 years was when Favre was the QB.

It's time.

Farooq

Banned
Reading that Martin and Shazier are graded higher than Ealy on the Cowboys board.

Sorry for fucking up the GAF's mock. At the time we felt Ealy was graded higher than both Martin and Shazier. Honestly though, I think Cowboys-GAF really feels that if Barr and Donald are gone, a trade back is most likely.

Browns have to take the QB with the first pick. Gordon was a 2nd rounder and he was arguably the best receiver in the league with Weeden and Campbell throwing to him most of the year. You have a #1 WR and there are WRs all over this draft. No way they take Watkins or Evans.

If Watkins is there, he's the best player available. Gordon's a #1, but he's a failed drug test from a very long suspension and the position is still a need. The drop off between Watkins/Evans to the WRs that'll be at 26 is greater than the drop off between QBs. You can still get a guy like Bridgewater or Carr at 26, but the run on WRs will have already taken place. Only QB I'd take a chance on at 4 would be JFF, but I think they'd be better off with Watkins/Evans.

Reading that Martin and Shazier are graded higher than Ealy on the Cowboys board.

Sorry, for fucking up the GAF's mock. At the time we felt Ealy was graded higher than both Martin and Shazier. Honestly though, I think Cowboys-GAF really feels that if Barr and Donald are gone, a trade back is most likely.

Don't worry, that mock went off the rails way before the Cowboys pick.

Sorry, for fucking up the GAF's mock. At the time we felt Ealy was graded higher than both Martin and Shazier. Honestly though, I think Cowboys-GAF really feels that if Barr and Donald are gone, a trade back is most likely.

I like Shazier to the Cowboys. I'm not sure how good a fit Barr would be on the defense. I'm a Cowboys fan, and part of me rooting for Manziel to be there at are pick. It would just be a circus.

Wes

venison crêpe
@AlbertBreer
The River BS overfloweth. #NFLDraft

@KevinClarkWSJ
So the Rams' ULTIMATE smokescreen is telling everyone their previous plan was a smokescreen? Ok great let's start the draft.

I think the reporters are more than ready for this to begin.

Fox318

@AlbertBreer
The River BS overfloweth. #NFLDraft

@KevinClarkWSJ
So the Rams' ULTIMATE smokescreen is telling everyone their previous plan was a smokescreen? Ok great let's start the draft.

I think the reporters are more than ready for this to begin.

fcGdz2X.jpg

If Watkins is there, he's the best player available. Gordon's a #1, but he's a failed drug test from a very long suspension and the position is still a need. The drop off between Watkins/Evans to the WRs that'll be at 26 is greater than the drop off between QBs. You can still get a guy like Bridgewater or Carr at 26, but the run on WRs will have already taken place. Only QB I'd take a chance on at 4 would be JFF, but I think they'd be better off with Watkins/Evans.

We were a QB away last season. A what if scenario with Gordon shouldn't prevent them from addressing the QB situation with all of the firepower they have since that is the problem with the team right now, other than run blocking or the run game in general.

Wes

venison crêpe
We were a QB away last season. A what if scenario with Gordon shouldn't prevent them from addressing the QB situation with all of the firepower they have since that is the problem with the team right now, other than run blocking or the run game in general.

There's very little difference between the QBs projected to go in the Top 10 and those projected to go between 20 and 35.

In fact, every single mock has had every single QB drop to the 20+ region at some point in the last week alone.

I wouldn't pass up on an elite talent at the top for that.

Top Bottom