• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Fox318

For when the browns pick

W7nRj9t.gif

I just need to add the Browns logo and the player they pick

@RapSheet

How much work did the #Lions do on #Clemson WR Sammy Watkins? At 1 point, they were talking to him nearly every day. The interest is real.

If we trade up for Watkins, which mod do I have to bribe to ban Kas? This sounds like the most Millen-esque nonsense...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If we trade up for Watkins, which mod do I have to bribe to ban Kas? This sounds like the most Millen-esque nonsense...

Agreed. As I said earlier, giving up next year's first would be asinine.

squicken

“There will be competition, but I think it will be very difficult, based on my evaluation of this year’s draft class, it will be very difficult for anyone in this draft class to come in and beat [Hoyer] out. I really believe that,” Pettine said, via Lindsay Jones of USA Today. “There’s that certain it factor he has. Just the way he’s attacked his rehab, the way he’s attacked learning a new offense. What jumped out was his accuracy. I think him going through the drill work that we had put the quarterbacks through in their workouts, and compared it to those guys — it was encouraging to see.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nyone-in-draft-class-to-beat-out-brian-hoyer/

cdyhybrid

No way. It has been shown time and time again that just about any playoff team has a shot at winning it all, especially recently. No one would have picked the Ravens half-way through the 2012 season.

The Ravens didn't win it this year :p

It was always going to be either the Hawks or Niners out of the NFC and the Pats or Broncos in the AFC.

Syrinx

Any of you guys know anything about the Bucs possibly taking Aaron Donald? it's something I've heard a bit in the last day or so. We already have McCoy for our 3-technique guy but if they draft him I'd have to figure Smith and Frazier have some sort of plan to have both of them on the field together. Not entirely sure how it would work though.

bionic77

Only a team with a strong run game would have had a chance against the Hawks. Denver and NE both don't match up well against them.

Niners would have pushed around both of those teams. Their weakness was the Flacbomb and both olds from NE and Denver have pathetic arm strength at this point.

AFC was garbage last year. NFC won in a way that reflected that.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Any of you guys know anything about the Bucs possibly taking Aaron Donald? it's something I've heard a bit in the last day or so. We already have McCoy for our 3-technique guy but if they draft him I'd have to figure Smith and Frazier have some sort of plan to have both of them on the field together. Not entirely sure how it would work though.

Donald is a defensive end, not a tackle. Don't really see the need there, unless they want to have the most ridiculous d-line rotation in the NFL.

Syrinx

Donald is a defensive end, not a tackle. Don't really see the need there, unless they want to have the most ridiculous d-line rotation in the NFL.

Well if he's going to be an end, then it makes more sense. Adrian Clayborn needs to be consistently healthy and productive before I consider him a mainstay on the line, Da'Quan Bowers blows, Micheal Johnson was a nice addition, and William Gholston has potential, but he needs to play up to it before that means anything. Still think we should trade down if we're in that situation though.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
If Mayhew gives up next year's 1st-rounder he needs to be fired on the spot.

This team isn't 1 player away from a Super Bowl.

I respectfully disagree, Plinko. We are one playmaker away from Super Bowl contention.

Quarterback- Elite
Running Back Core- Young and solid
Wide Reciever Core- Best receiver in the game. Need one more opposite.
Offensive Line- One of the best in the league last year with two rookies starting.
Tight Ends- Young and developing.

Defensive Line- Young and the best in the game.
Linebackers- Average.
Secondary- Meh.

When you look at our team from top to bottom the only area we are bad is secondary. If we get one more wide reciever opposite Megatron we'll be dropping 40 a game so it won't matter how are secondary is. On top of that the defensive line will cause havok and buy the secondary time.

We have three 4th round picks. If all it takes is one 3rd rounder to move up 5 spots to grab Evans or Watkins you have to do it.

Restore the Roar 2014.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Houston will still use every possible second to try and make a trade. They're going to take all 15 minutes just to make everyone angry.

The Ravens didn't win it this year :p

It was always going to be either the Hawks or Niners out of the NFC and the Pats or Broncos in the AFC.
Yes, one of the favorites won last season, but that hasn't been a normal occurrence lately by any means. Also, it's their first SB in franchise history, not like they're the Alabama of the NFL or something.

Vyroxis

Banned
Never change Kas.

I will agree though, you have a really good team that should be a contender. But then again, you had a good team last year and you still fell apart in a division that had three other teams wallowing in disaster from the start.

If I ever go full kas about the dolphins someone shoot me please.
I almost envy him at this point. I'd love to feel like my team is only one player away from Super Bowl contention after a 7-9 season where the rest of the teams in the division all but handed them a playoff spot and they still managed to fuck it up.

I would shoot myself if I was ever that stupid. How a team misses the playoffs when the other 3 teams in the division all lose their QBs for extended periods and yet is still only 1 player away from the SB is just beyond me. This might be what it would be like to try and have a discussion with one of the citizens of Oceania in 1984.

I almost envy him at this point. I'd love to feel like my team is only one player away from Super Bowl contention after a 7-9 season where the rest of the teams in the division all but handed them a playoff spot and they still managed to fuck it up.

Giants collapse was the second biggest surprise of the season behind the Texans. It amazes me that they managed to get to 7-9 after an 0-6 start.

I respectfully disagree, Chris. We are one playmaker away from Super Bowl contention.

Quarterback- Elite
Wide Reciever Core- Fastest receiver in the game. Need one more opposite.
Offensive Line- Meh.

Linebackers- Average.
Secondary- One of the best in the league last year with two rookies that will contribute more this season

When you look at our team from top to bottom the only area we are bad is offensive line. If we get one more wide reciever opposite Wallace we'll be dropping 40 a game so it won't matter how are o-line is. On top of that Tannehill will wreak havok and cover up the bad o-line play. Plus Albert is coming in and we'll probably get a stud RT in the draft.

We have a bunch of draft picks. If all it takes is a few picks to move up to grab Evans or Watkins you have to do it.

#ThisIsOurTime2014

Don't worry, the Dolphins will never be relevant enough again to get your hopes up like that.
Simeone0_3_2897682b.jpg

Well, the Lions are a much better team than the Dolphins.

Well...yeah...

I respectfully disagree, Chris. We are one playmaker away from Super Bowl contention.

Quarterback- Elite
Offensive Line- Meh.

Linebackers- Average.
Secondary- One of the best in the league last year with two rookies that will contribute more this season

When you look at our team from top to bottom the only area we are bad is offensive line. If we get one more wide reciever opposite Wallace we'll be dropping 40 a game so it won't matter how are o-line is. On top of that Tannehill will wreak havok and cover up the bad o-line play. Plus Albert is coming in and we'll probably get a stud RT in the draft.

We have a bunch of draft picks. If all it takes is a few picks to move up to grab Evans or Watkins you have to do it.

#ThisIsOurTime2014

Simeone0_3_2897682b.jpg

Et tu Darkest??

Quarterback- Elite
Offensive Line- Meh.

Linebackers- Average.

#ThisIsOurTime2014

Simeone0_3_2897682b.jpg

#FearTheLazor

Talon

Seriously, in college football only about 4 teams have a legitimate chance of winning the championship each year, picked from the same pool of about 12 teams, and you know who they are by week 2. There isn't even an illusion of parity. At least college basketball mixes things up with a massive single elimination tournament.
Oregon and Bama were obviously going to be in the national title game...wait, what happened again?

Giants collapse was the second biggest surprise of the season behind the Texans. It amazes me that they managed to get to 7-9 after an 0-6 start.
I thought much along the lines of Jerry Reese - that we could squeeze out another year with the roster we had. I was wrong.

The positive is that you didn't have to spend too much time trying to figure out where the problem are/were. On paper, Reese has done some work. We'll see if pays off but we need a monster draft this year.

Man, this Jets draft would be a lot easier if we had some decent corners. We went from the best secondary in the league to arguably the worst (Dee Milliner as a #1, hahahahah) in the span of a couple of years. Why this team even needs to consider drafting defense again this year is mind-boggling but, hey, its the Jets. Can't wait to see our draft blunders video again though :)

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The one player that could vault the Dolphins into contention is Aaron Hernandez. Spring him from the joint then send him into the Pats facility with a glock 19.

Draxal

I had them collapsing last year ( I got alot of flak for wanting to tank for Clowney before the season); they just didn't do enough to rejuvenate a clearly aging/injured offensive line and it showed last year.

The comeback was due to our defense kinda overperforrming last year (really strong year by Fewell).

Top Bottom