• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

I don't get it. They got their QB, upgraded their secondary, and still have the rest of the draft to address WR. WR is the deepest position in this draft. They can get a guy like Lee. Sure its not Gordon but you rather have your franchise QB than a WR with no one to throw him the ball.

It's just frustrating as a Browns fan. We get barely 18 hours of feeling good about the direction of the team.

Next thing you know our league leading 23 year old stud receiver get's banned for something as stupid as smoking pot.

I agree that the Browns can and likely will survive this.

It's just damn frustrating. I just want to grab Gordon and shake the shit out of him. He just threw away 10's of millions of dollars

I don't get it. They got their QB, upgraded their secondary, and still have the rest of the draft to address WR. WR is the deepest position in this draft. They can get a guy like Lee. Sure its not Gordon but you rather have your franchise QB than a WR with no one to throw him the ball.

First of all, I liked Gilbert, but had him as the 3rd CB on my list. I think they reached. Second of all, there is NO WR in this round that can replace Gordon. Also, Gordon can no longer be relied on, they need to look at a long term replacement.

La Canfora early second round possible picks:

Hearing Nix could go HOU at 33, Lee at 35, Carr at 36 (Dallas could trade up for pass rush here. Amaro or pass rusher at 37. Su'a-Filo 38

MechDX

Hearing Nix could go HOU at 33, Lee at 35, Carr at 36 (Dallas could trade up for pass rush here. Amaro or pass rusher at 37. Su'a-Filo 38

Dat front 7!!

Fox318

Browns should cut Josh Gordon.

He has proved himself an idiot and a punk with this. He knows this is wrong and he got busted before. He could have had a huge contract instead he probably won't be getting anywhere above vet min if he is lucky in the future.

Waste of space

effzee

First of all, I liked Gilbert, but had him as the 3rd CB on my list. I think they reached. Second of all, there is NO WR in this round that can replace Gordon. Also, Gordon can no longer be relied on, they need to look at a long term replacement.

The Gilbert point is fair. But drafting a CB high makes sense for the Browns.

And after years and years of futility at QB, I would think the Browns would rather solidify QB over WR.

Gordon can't be counted on correct. He is one more strike from being kicked out of the league. But still you rather have your potential franchise QB over Watkins. Tons of 2nd round guys available who if Manziel is THE GUY can match Watkins production right away.

Narag

@mortreport
Sources: Browns coaching staff not aware until @OTLonESPN report about 90 minutes ago. That's policy. Gordon gets due process with appeal.

Nakazato

Browns should cut Josh Gordon.

He has proved himself an idiot and a punk with this. He knows this is wrong and he got busted before. He could have had a huge contract instead he probably won't be getting anywhere above vet min if he is lucky in the future.

Waste of space

Yes please.

The Gilbert point is fair. But drafting a CB high makes sense for the Browns.

And after years and years of futility at QB, I would think the Browns would rather solidify QB over WR.

Gordon can't be counted on correct. He is one more strike from being kicked out of the league. But still you rather have your potential franchise QB over Watkins. Tons of 2nd round guys available who if Manziel is THE GUY can match Watkins production right away.

What does QB have to do with what they did early in the draft? They already had pick #26 that they traded up from to get Manziel. They could have had Watkins+Manziel or Odell Beckham Jr.+Bills 2015 1st+Manziel.

Fox318

I can't belive how stupid Gordon is.

Yes pot will probably be legal in the state but your employer and the state you are in don't allow it. Its not that hard to stay out of trouble? Did the Browns have to hire a man to watch you because you are incapable of taking care of yourself? Or are you just that devoid of brain cells?

For any kid coming up Josh Gordon should be taught as a case study as how not to be a professional athlete.

I seriously can't believe how stupid this man is.

Top Bottom