• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

I ain't here to argue about his facial features
Or here to convert atheists into believers
I'm just trying to say the way school need teachers
The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way I need Jesus

.. And now I want to crip walk through my office.

Alright I haven't heard anything from TheBatman but if 2 out of 3 Browns-Gaf reps are in agreement, I'll move forward with the Bortles pick. Yes?

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless 2m
The best COACH fit for Manziel is Chip Kelly, who originally recruited him to Oregon. Don't let Philly trade up for Manziel or NFC E over.

Eagles-GAF you know what you have to do (if he's available)

Wes

venison crêpe
Alright I haven't heard anything from TheBatman but if 2 out of 3 Browns-Gaf reps are in agreement, I'll move forward with the Bortles pick. Yes?

Yes it's done.

I've already moved on and began researching my future QB.

ff8147a674fff86.jpg

With the 5th pick in the NeoGAF NFL Mock Draft, the Oakland Raiders select the best QB in the draft

TEDDY FUCKING BRIDGEWATER!!!

ibohi3M3wiDaYY.gif

Analysis:

After passing on Rivers, Cutler and Rodgers in drafts over the past 10 years, and giving up a 1st, two 2nds, a 5th and a 6th in addition to using a 4th on Tyler Wilson over the last 4 years the new Reggie McKenzie led Raiders have said "fuck this" and decided to do the right thing and get their franchise QB of the future in the 1st round rather than wasting another pick on a scrub in the mid rounds who can't even beat out Matt fucking McGloin.

In Bridgewater, the Raiders get the hardest working, most accurate and intelligent QB in the draft. He will not be thrown into the fire right away and will be allowed to sit for at least one year while he puts on some weight, refines his deep ball and increases his throwing power before leading the Oakland Raiders to 3 Super Bowl victories over the next 10 years. BOOM!!!

Reggie+McKenzie+Oakland+Raiders+Introduce+aAnWskEIanOl.jpg

*Thanks to ShaneB for the Gif.

Talon

With the #6 pick, the Atlanta Falcons take Texas A&M Offensive Tackle Jake Matthews. Both Thomas Dmitroff and Mike Smith has promised over the offseason to focus on improving toughness across both trenches, and I fully expect the Falcons to take BLA (best lineman available), regardless of what side of the ball the player fits. I fully expect the top four of the team's draft board to be: Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews.

Last season, the lack of depth on the Atlanta offensive line brought the team to its knees as raw Lamar Holmes, undrafted Ryan Schraeder, and Buccaneer castoff Jeremy Trueblood played musical chairs at left and right tackle after Sam Baker went down with his annual injury. It wasn't just the bookends that were at fault, as the interior of the line crumbled with Peter Konz being pulled in and out of the lineup, and the season coming to an ignominious and symbolic end with a botched snap.

As a result, Matt Ryan was beaten up and battered all season long, taking 44 sacks, the most in his career (the previous high being 28).

The Falcons let a weak position go largely unimproved since Ryan's rookie year, relying on improving castoffs like Harvey Dahl and Tyson Clabo over the years. Unsurprisingly, the Falcons are on their third offensive line coach in four years as noted high school girl creeper Mike Tice joins the staff to replace the west coast's favorite asshole Pat Hill.

The Falcons have lacked a franchise tackle for well over a decade - with Bob Whitfield the last to really deserve any accolade (Todd Weiner was okay.). Matthews immediately improves the line by plugging in at RT and inevitably taking over Baker's spot at LT. Most importantly, he shores up depth across the board.

Draxal

Welp, if this is how the real draft plays out (i'd switch Clowney and Mack). I'd be very very happy so far.

edit. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, DAMN U TALON. But yeah, if Atlanta doesn't go oline if Mack/Clowney are off the board they dumb.

Syrinx

Goddammit, Bucs are already on the clock? God you guys are antsy.

Leaning toward Manziel with this pick with Aaron Donad or Mike Evans as a possibility. I'll try to find Hammer24.

Panthers-GAF, I have a pretty good idea of who will be left at 28, and I have a few guys in mind if that pans out.

If any of you (Bowser, Crisco, Talamius, etc.) want to chime in with your opinion on what they do with that pick, PM me with your thoughts.

Here's the draft order:

1. Houston Texans - Khalil Mack LB
In 2006 The Texans went against the "safe pick", Reggie Bush. Crennel wants fast and built options on his defense to keep up with these high powered offenses. While Clowney is a physical freak Mack is a more traditional 3-4 OLB and can make an immediate impact. This selection allows them to move Brooks Reed inside next to Cushing where he can be a run stuffing thumper. Mack will play on the same side as JJ Watt which will force offenses to severly overload on side and allows Mercilus and Swearinger, playing box safety, to get free runs at the QB.
----------------------------------------------------------------

2. St. Louis Rams (from Washington Redskins) - Greg Robinson OT
If Texans drafted Mack, STL would take Clowney in 2 seconds. For purposes here I will just assume Mack=Clowney and let whichever team below that was targeting Mack grab Clowney.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jadaveon Clowney DE
Jaguars will not be in this spot most likely(they'll trade down), but Jaguars select Jadeveon Clowney as the best pure defensive athlete in the draft. Gus Bradley knows how to motivate and how to coach up talent, so working with Clowney might be a dream. Plenty of vets on defense to keep pushing him and Clowney will devour poor little Locker and Luck. We'll get a QB in round 2.

4. Cleveland Browns - Blake Bortles QB
With all the Qbs on the board i believe the Browns will take Blake Bortles. this is a who we think our team will take, not who we want to draft mock. Browns shouldn't play games with the QB position and hope one falls or waits for one, take the guy you like the most at 4 most, Remember what playing games with the qb position got you in WeedOn and Quinn. All the talk of no qb is worth a top pick is a little overblown. The qb position shouldn't be looked at as what can he do for us now, but what can he be for us in the long term. Finding a qb is hard, and you would hope your team isn't in a position to be picking this high in following years. take advantage of the high pick you have now. The teams ready to compete now, we just need a trigger man. and the young qb will hopefully be able to sit behind Hoyer.

5. Oakland Raiders - Teddy Bridgewater QB
After passing on Rivers, Cutler and Rodgers in drafts over the past 10 years, and giving up a 1st, two 2nds, a 5th and a 6th in addition to using a 4th on Tyler Wilson over the last 4 years the new Reggie McKenzie led Raiders have said "fuck this" and decided to do the right thing and get their franchise QB of the future in the 1st round rather than wasting another pick on a scrub in the mid rounds who can't even beat out Matt fucking McGloin.

In Bridgewater, the Raiders get the hardest working, most accurate and intelligent QB in the draft. He will not be thrown into the fire right away and will be allowed to sit for at least one year while he puts on some weight, refines his deep ball and increases his throwing power before leading the Oakland Raiders to 3 Super Bowl victories over the next 10 years. BOOM!!!

6. Atlanta Falcons - Jake Matthews OT
With the #6 pick, the Atlanta Falcons take Texas A&M Offensive Tackle Jake Matthews. Both Thomas Dmitroff and Mike Smith has promised over the offseason to focus on improving toughness across both trenches, and I fully expect the Falcons to take BLA (best lineman available), regardless of what side of the ball the player fits. I fully expect the top four of the team's draft board to be: Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews.

Last season, the lack of depth on the Atlanta offensive line brought the team to its knees as raw Lamar Holmes, undrafted Ryan Schraeder, and Buccaneer castoff Jeremy Trueblood played musical chairs at left and right tackle after Sam Baker went down with his annual injury. It wasn't just the bookends that were at fault, as the interior of the line crumbled with Peter Konz being pulled in and out of the lineup, and the season coming to an ignominious and symbolic end with a botched snap.

As a result, Matt Ryan was beaten up and battered all season long, taking 44 sacks, the most in his career (the previous high being 28).

The Falcons let a weak position go largely unimproved since Ryan's rookie year, relying on improving castoffs like Harvey Dahl and Tyson Clabo over the years. Unsurprisingly, the Falcons are on their third offensive line coach in four years as noted high school girl creeper Mike Tice joins the staff to replace the west coast's favorite asshole Pat Hill.

The Falcons have lacked a franchise tackle for well over a decade - with Bob Whitfield the last to really deserve any accolade (Todd Weiner was okay.). Matthews immediately improves the line by plugging in at RT and inevitably taking over Baker's spot at LT. Most importantly, he shores up depth across the board.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - ON THE CLOCK
8. Minnesota Vikings
9. Buffalo Bills
10. Detroit Lions
11. Tennessee Titans
12. New York Giants
13. St. Louis Rams
14. Chicago Bears
15. Pittsburgh Steelers
16. Dallas Cowboys
17. Baltimore Ravens
18. New York Jets
19. Miami Dolphins
20. Arizona Cardinals
21. Green Bay Packers
22. Philadelphia Eagles
23. Kansas City Chiefs
24. Cincinnati Bengals
25. San Diego Chargers
26. Cleveland Browns (from Indianapolis Colts)
27. New Orleans Saints
28. Carolina Panthers
29. New England Patriots
30. San Francisco 49ers
31. Denver Broncos
32. Seattle Seahawks

Bucs have until 7:42pm EST for their pick.

BigAT

"I wonder how the average football fan would perform as an NFL GM?"

*points to the last several pages of fuckupery*

Syrinx

Oh shit, I didn't even realize Watkins was still available. The idea that he'd even be available completely slipped my mind. Probably him then.

Sorry fellas was at work. I mentioned that in an earlier post and even asked what time the draft was starting and no one answered me.

No worries though, we could do a lot worse than Bortles. I would have went with Sammy Watkins though.

I'll be getting off work in about 5 hours, so hold off on that 26 pick for me this time if you make it that far.

Top Bottom