• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

cajunator

Banned
Yall didnt pick Odell Beckham yet?
Thats kind of weird. If he fell this far Payton would pick him in a second.
But thats not realistic.
What are the best CB and LB players left? Ill pick from those.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Write-up, please.

With the 26th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Kyle Fuller, CB. This is the Browns we're talking about, so we're not going to get to in-depth here. Suffice it to say, Fuller has been placed under 24-hour suicide watch following the announcement of where his dreams are going to die.

Yall didnt pick Odell Beckham yet?
Thats kind of weird. If he fell this far Payton would pick him in a second.
But thats not realistic.
What are the best CB and LB players left? Ill pick from those.

You might as well take OBJ, the entire draft has gone off the deep end anyway.

If you don't take him, I'm taking him.

cajunator

Banned
You might as well take OBJ, the entire draft has gone off the deep end anyway.

If you don't take him, I'm taking him.

Well the Saints are a bit thinner at WR now and without Sproles or Moore they need to groom a new prospect. In this deep draft and with most needs met, I think they could afford to take OBJ if hes there so Im going with him. He could also serve as a returner until he gets affiliated with the offense. After getting shut down so much in 2013 its clear some new blood on offense is needed.

MechDX

You stopping? #scale RT @WarrenSapp: @ArianFoster u eating meat again? #Protein

Lol all g RT @WarrenSapp: @ArianFoster u got jokes huh? #HealthyAsACowHere

Arian Foster and Warren Sapp Twitter

Syrinx

Well the Saints are a bit thinner at WR now and without Sproles or Moore they need to groom a new prospect. In this deep draft and with most needs met, I think they could afford to take OBJ if hes there so Im going with him. He could also serve as a returner until he gets affiliated with the offense. After getting shut down so much in 2013 its clear some new blood on offense is needed.
Take him so the Panthers can't.

cajunator

Banned
That's really the only write-up you needed. I was excited as hell when I saw that OBJ would fall to us in this imaginary NFL draft.

But cajun, if that's your final pick, I'm ready to go forward with the Panthers pick.

Yeah. I have to go to work at 6 so Im gonna go ahead and make that my pick now. I fully expect Beckham to be gone in the real draft though but this nfl draft is wacky.

Write-up, please.
Browns Land a number 2 corner in Fuller with quickness and size. Allowing Buster Skrine to move to a better suited nickel position. Fuller comes from a school that's produced plenty of talent at the corner position, and has the upside to be a number 1 corner in the league.

huge-mistake-arrested-development.gif

Browns Land a number 2 corner in Fuller with quickness and size. Allowing Buster Skrine to move to a better suited nickel position. Fuller comes from a school that's produced lots of talent at corner and has the upside to be a number 1 corner in the league.

Crazy length and wingspan as well. A lot of Draftniks have him as the no.1 corner in the draft.

I think you should have went with Dee Ford, Cajun. Rob Ryan would go nuts with him.

Saints select Odell Beckham Jr. WR

Panthers are on the clock until 7:45 PM EST

But I'm ready now. I see the rest of Panthers-GAF has been ghost in the offseason. I'll give yall 30 minutes to post/PM if you want to provide input. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

cajunator

Banned
Crazy length and wingspan as well. A lot of Draftniks have him as the no.1 corner in the draft.

I think you should have went with Dee Ford, Cajun. Rob Ryan would go nuts with him.

While thats probably the realistic choice, I wanted to have a bit of fun with the pick since it all went to shit and I know Payton would grab Beckham in a split second if he fell that far. Dee Ford would be a good choice too. But yeah, Beckham.

dabomb4944

Neo Member

But I'm ready now. I see the rest of Panthers-GAF has been ghost in the offseason. I'll give yall 30 minutes to post/PM if you want to provide input. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

As long as its a OT or WR no complaints!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Derek Carr. He can speak to the suburbs, unlike that laptop thief.

Drafting at 28, Panthers are in a tough spot to get the top flight dynamic wide receiver that the fanbase has been coveting for years. Too many teams with WR needs with picks before the Panthers or the ability to move up ahead of the Panthers (like the Niners). Most likely the best WR left on the board is Kelvin Benjamin, who is a good prospect with TE-like size that can make him a real threat in the red zone (an area the Panthers definitely struggled in towards the end of the year), but he’s not nearly as solid a prospect overall as the top 4 receivers in this draft (Watkins, Evans, OBJ, Cooks, in that order) IMO. In this case, I think the Panthers look at offensive tackle instead, the biggest area of need. The fans will be pissed, I’ll still have to hear “KITTENZHAVENORECEIVERZ!”, but I think Cam Newton will appreciate having another guy to prevent him from being planted into the ground every play. To that end, I see them taking Cyrus Kouandjio OT Alabama

Here’s a writeup on him:
Dave Gettleman has a big people fetish. On several occasions, he’s established that he thinks the game of football simply comes down to which team has more big people (what he colloquially calls “hog mollies”). In Kouandjio, the Panthers get not so much a big man, but a massive 6’7” 330 pound wall who possesses an NFL ready body and the pure strength to anchor the right side of a line that has been decimated by injury and retirement. Kouandjio has the talent to step in and be a major contributor, especially as a run blocker, on Day 1. Kouandjio is not nearly as refined as Robinson or Matthews however. On multiple occasions, sloppy footwork, shoddy pad level, and an inconsistent motor, have led him to be beaten by the elite pass rushers at the college level. Indeed, his 2013 (junior) campaign was disappointingly short of the standard set by his sophomore year. Additionally, injury concerns revealed at the Combine may scare off teams who had him higher on their draft boards. But for me (and I think for the Panthers FO), his size and overall talent will be too great to ignore. In this scenario, I see the Panthers going OT, WR, WR/CB, WR/CB (whichever one they didn’t pick in the third round) with the first four picks.

Nakazato

Tuitt, Dee Ford or Demarcus Lawrence? I like Lawrence but might be a bit early for him.

That or Easley/Hageman. But Hageman doesn't feel like a Bill pick to me and again, might be early for Easley.

Actstriker/Colosante pls
Imo he is tho. Top ten talent when his motor is running. And Bill can get the most out of him.

Colasante

Tuitt. It'd be the most underwhelming pick, so it's the most realistic option. I'd love love love Dee Ford as a pure pass rusher, but Bill doesn't value pass rushers enough to spend a 1st on one.

Tuitt. It'd be the most underwhelming pick, so it's the most realistic option. I'd love love love Dee Ford as a pure pass rusher, but Bill doesn't value pass rushers enough to spend a 1st on one.

The most underwhelming thing would be another trade down, but I hope Bill goes for immediate impact again like he did in the Jones/Hightower draft.

Imo he is tho. Top ten talent when his motor is running. And Bill can get the most out of him.

He has the size Bill loves, that's for sure, but he will be 24 when he plays his first NFL snap and never seemed as dominante as he could have been.

But if you guys want Tuitt, I would accept the boring choice since it's the Bill way. Let's see if Actstriker shows up.

Bastard has been copying off my plays again!

LJ11

Easley is way better than Tuitt and more versatile.

Tuitt is a guy without a position. I see him as a Red Bryant type at best, but I could be wrong. Dude kept getting bigger and bigger, not sure he can play inside and make an impact. Easley can play 3, sit over a T, and still make an impact.

Colasante

I can totally get behind Easley. I think he'd be a perfect addition. The injury concerns are a knock against him, but his upside is huge.

Top Bottom