• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to keep trading down!

I ended up doing the same ...

Your Picks (Lions):
Round 1 Pick 23 (MINN): Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina (D+)
Round 1 Pick 25 (MINN): Alec Ogletree, OLB, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 4: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee (B)
Round 2 Pick 6 (ARI): Cornellius Carradine, DE, Florida State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 26 (DEN): Bacarri Rambo, FS, Georgia (C+)
Round 3 Pick 4 (OAK): Barrett Jones, C, Alabama (C+)
Round 3 Pick 7 (ARI): D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston (A)
Round 3 Pick 27 (HOU): Earl Watford, OG, James Madison (D+)
Round 3 Pick 28 (DEN): Joseph Randle, RB, Oklahoma State (B-)
Round 4 Pick 3 (OAK): T.J. McDonald, FS, Southern California (B)
Round 4 Pick 27 (HOU): Jeff Locke, P, UCLA (A)
Round 4 Pick 28 (DEN): Kyle Juszczyk, FB, Harvard (A-)
Round 4 Pick 35 (COMP): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State (C-)
Round 5 Pick 4: Jordan Mills, OT, Louisiana Tech (A-)
Round 5 Pick 27 (HOU): Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado (A)
Round 6 Pick 3: Terry Hawthorne, CB, Illinois (B)
Round 6 Pick 27 (HOU): Zeke Motta, SS, Notre Dame (A)
Round 7 Pick 5: Wes Horton, DE, Southern California (B)
Round 7 Pick 39 (COMP): Herman Lathers, OLB, Tennessee (A)

Your Future Picks:
2014 Round 1 Pick
2015 Round 1 Pick

Mrbob

If the Bears draft Teo tonight, it's been fun the last couple years NFL GAF.

I'll be going to the Futurama suicide booth. Someone have a quarter?

effzee

I've said it year after year.

Gruden's voice can make an 80 year old woman wet her panties like the niagra falls.

Holy shit almost spit out my drink.

I won't be posting or checking the board after 8 since I will be traveling home.

So now here is what I am thinking:

Dion Jordan
Zach Ertz
Kyle Long

I'm thrilled that Gene Smith is not in charge of the Jaguars draft this year. I don't have to worry about drafting someone from Tennessee Tech with the 2nd pick.

Dat 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds.

I know, I kept getting crazy offers (Houston offered me a 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th to move up 3 spots) so I was like, "Eh, sure."

Then I just went BPA while filling our needs. Got the best punter and kicker in the draft this year, added Jones and Hayden and threw in Randle for some insurance in the backfield.

Doorman

Aaaaah, the NFL draft! The only better time to be around GAF is during E3.

I've been kind of asleep during much of the offseason. Looking forward to seeing which young talent we'll get to poison with our thug locker room and thoroughly stomp out any chance of success with our ineffective coaching staff!

Woooooooooooooo!

Brinbe

Fuck, I just hope it's not long till the Eagles pick @ 4, so I can leave to line up for day 2 bands.

*watches them trade down a billion times to take Smith or Manuel at the end of the first *

LJ11

Its funny looking back how 2009 was probably one of the better overall drafts for the Bills (Wood, Byrd, Levitre) but they totally blew it with Maybin. Although, I guess that was before Buddy took over.

In which case, probably Cordy Glenn is the only somewhat productive non 1st round pick he's really made.

Yeah, I like Cordy, he's going to be a solid player at worst. When Nix took over he kept most of the scouting and personnel guys, but brought in Whaley. After the 2011 draft he shit canned everyone and started fresh, so this is really his second draft with the new crew.

Almost time! Gettin so damn hype

All i want is for Eifert to somehow fall to the pack and for a bucks win tonight!

neither are happening :(

effzee

Cossel with an interesting point:

If you are willing to move back into the first round, which means you give something up to move back in, why not just pick the guy with your first pick? If you truly identify one of these guys as THE GUY who will be the starter and who you envision as a future top 5 NFL QB, then why give up a draft pick to get him later in the first? Why not just pick him where you are and then keep your subsequent round picks.

Never thought of it that way.

Positive of moving back in if a QB drops is that you are guaranteed 5 years instead of 4 years in round 2. Negative is that you give up a pick and especially in this draft where tons of guys projected to go in the 2nd are considered just as good as the guys in the lower half of the first round.

With this in mind Eagles would be better of drafting a in the first at #4 OR only if they trade down. If they just want to take a look at a very raw potential player than wait until the 2nd round or later.

Almost here! I'm not ready for this! Can take anymore sorrow :/
Lead me Lombardi and Banner! Lead me to happiness!

Is Gruden acting negative right now towards Geno?

WedgeX

Banned
How will you react when the Lions draft him at 5?

icrMZvQuCL5zN.gif

iXw0JzlCYRGCy.gif

iy6SmLi025SY9.jpg

ibu2tKFMvB1tVB.jpg

Pretty much like all of those at once.

Doorman

I'm more nervous than usual. Lots of potential for the Lions to fuck this up.

Talking it through today, there really isn't any first round pick I can think of that would make me feel like "Aha yes! This is gonna be great!" There's really only potential to go from neutral to disappointed. It's an odd mood to be in compared to past drafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom