• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

We can all double down and take an additional shot whenever Chucky says he loves that guy. The only problem I foresee with this, is that the Gator is the size of a small hobbit, so shots might take him awhile to drink.

Or he'll be trashed by the fifth pick. Alternatively, Stafford and Freeman would still be sober after 3 rounds.

MechDX

I don't even like Barkley but they need to do that

ibj108nirFOQ8u.gif

Well the one guy from NFLN said he was just like a young Matt Schaub.....

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If you take the biggest difference in the consideration, absolutely alike. Geno played in a spread offense in college. Spread offenses don't exist in the NFL. He will be made into a pocket QB, boxed in and molded just like Aaron Brooks played with the Saints.

Average Arm - Check
Needs work on the Deep Route - Check
Ability to run outside the pocket - Check

"Geno Smith is a cross between Akili Smith and Aaron Brooks" -PFW

It's like Aaron Brooks reincarnated.

Maybe I guess

But not really seeing much similarities of their game

Nakazato

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 11 (T.B.): Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas State (C+)
Round 2 Pick 30: Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech (A-)
Round 3 Pick 9 (BUF): David Quessenberry, OT, San Jose State (C)
Round 3 Pick 11 (T.B.): Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern State (B)
Round 3 Pick 32: Bacarri Rambo, FS, Georgia (A-)
Round 4 Pick 8 (BUF): Jon Bostic, ILB, Florida (A-)
Round 4 Pick 10 (TENN): Chris Faulk, OT, LSU (D+)
Round 4 Pick 32: Barrett Jones, C, Alabama (A)
Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): Braden Wilson, FB, Kansas State (D-)
Round 5 Pick 32: Sio Moore, OLB, Connecticut (A)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Joe Kruger, DE, Utah (D+)
Round 6 Pick 31: Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA (D+)
Round 6 Pick 32: Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma (A)
Round 6 Pick 35 (COMP): Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas (B)
Round 7 Pick 32: Robert Lester, SS, Alabama (A)
Round 7 Pick 41 (COMP): Anthony McCloud, DT, Florida State (A)

my ravens draft. ppl play the draft game. http://www.first-pick.com/Default.aspx

Godslay

Banned
Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 11 (T.B.): Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas State (C+)
Round 2 Pick 30: Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech (A-)
Round 3 Pick 9 (BUF): David Quessenberry, OT, San Jose State (C)
Round 3 Pick 11 (T.B.): Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern State (B)
Round 3 Pick 32: Bacarri Rambo, FS, Georgia (A-)
Round 4 Pick 8 (BUF): Jon Bostic, ILB, Florida (A-)
Round 4 Pick 10 (TENN): Chris Faulk, OT, LSU (D+)
Round 4 Pick 32: Barrett Jones, C, Alabama (A)
Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): Braden Wilson, FB, Kansas State (D-)
Round 5 Pick 32: Sio Moore, OLB, Connecticut (A)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Joe Kruger, DE, Utah (D+)
Round 6 Pick 31: Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA (D+)
Round 6 Pick 32: Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma (A)
Round 6 Pick 35 (COMP): Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas (B)
Round 7 Pick 32: Robert Lester, SS, Alabama (A)
Round 7 Pick 41 (COMP): Anthony McCloud, DT, Florida State (A)

my ravens draft. ppl play the draft game. http://www.first-pick.com/Default.aspx

I wonder if Arthur Brown makes it out of the first?

bigosc2k

Banned
I'm still undecided on which channel to watch the draft on, ESPN has Gruden but it has that annoying fat fuck Chris Berman and NFL Network has Rich but it has the cokehead.

Kevtones

Matt Barkley is a really great guy but he was tremendously disappointing last year for a guy with by far/away the best receiving core in America.

LJ11

Geno throws some good deep balls if you ask me, just not consistent, lower half isn't good.

Nassib has a good arm, but the push he gets off his back is incredibly awkward if you ask me, loses velocity On deeper throws because of it. Can you fix that? I'm sure his coaches noticed, but he kept doing it.

I think Nassib has a lot to work with, but why wasn't it addressed sooner? His coaches are now in the NFL. Bad coaches or bad player?

Not sure i get the EJ love, that dude needs a lot of work.

Fantomex

Maybe I guess

But not really seeing much similarities of their game

You're absolutely correct Ace. The problem is that in the NFL, their gonna try to mold him into a Pocket passer, which he actually is pretty good at. His game is gonna change a lot, but I really think he needs a very capable offensive coordinator to groom him. If he goes to Buffalo, he's done. Buncha idiots down there.

squicken

Geno throws some good deep balls if you ask me, just not consistent, lower half isn't good.

Nassib has a good arm, but the push he gets off his back is incredibly awkward if you ask me, loses velocity On deeper throws because of it. Can you fix that? I'm sure his coaches noticed, but he kept doing it.

I think Nassib has a lot to work with, but why wasn't it addressed sooner? His coaches are now in the NFL. Bad coaches or bad player?

Not sure i get the EJ love, that dude needs a lot of work.

With Nassib though, as long as it gets there, on time, to who it is supposed to, isn't it workable? Or does it affect his accuracy? Rivers and Brent had messed up deliveries but managed fine. Reading defenses and pocket presence seem pretty good for him

Kevtones

He's blamed it all on Kiffin about 20 times in the past week

I think the loss of Kalil really hurt him, but it wasn't like he had tons of pressure all year. Lots of his throws were poor decisions and he seemed to regress in his reads. Improvements I noticed were his footwork, his deep ball, and that his leadership ability came front and center. Guy is extremely classy/likable too.

There's some thought that Kiffin 'overthought' a lot of USC's schemes and that's probably true, but his stats against Pac 12 bowl teams were pretty mediocre (15-12 TD to INT ratio).

LJ11

With Nassib though, as long as it gets there, on time, to who it is supposed to, isn't it workable? Or does it affect his accuracy? Rivers and Brent had messed up deliveries but managed fine. Reading defenses and pocket presence seem pretty good for him

I do think it affects his accuracy, because you'll see him overcompensate for it and sail the throw wide. Then he'll try take some off and it'll hang.

Think he's solid 15-25 yards, it's just the deep fade/bombs/posts that he has issues with. Really made some great throws in the seam, but struggled on deep throws outside the numbers. Think he lacks touch on some throws, but so did Kap.

Kap threw fireballs, its 90mph or nothing at Nevada, he's deepball was junk. Threw it as hard and far as he could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom