• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

MRSA

Banned
fuckyeah21.gif

Lazy Sunday, gonna smoke a rack of ribs.

Farooq

Banned
Okay things are actually happening in Dark Souls 2. I knew this game was hard but I didn't think it was supposed to be *that* hard.

Do you need help with optimizing your build? I haven't played SOTFS yet, I have NG+7 the vanilla version though. I can't help you with enemy strats because I know a lot has changed.

I think one thing that may help you is putting points into adaptability. The resistances you get from adaptability are useless, but putting points into adaptability does raise your agility which is a very important stat. The higher your agility the more invincibility frames you get on your roll (agility also determines how fast you can drink estus and use consumables). I would try to get your agility to 105, that means 13 invincibility frames while rolling and 7 invincibility frames when back stepping.

Some people perceive the difference, some people don't. To me it changes the games difficulty from hard to more manageable.

I should clarify that adaptability and attunement raise agility, however attunement raises agility at a slower rate. You can use a combination of both to get to 105. I think 16 attunement and 28 adaptability raise your agility to 105. If you are not raising your attunement then 32 points into adaptability will get you to 105 agility.

At the risk of telling you shit you already know, you should also have your equip burden lower than 70%. Equip load % determines your walking speed, running speed. Equip load also determines how fast your stamina recovers as well as the distance of your rolls. I like to keep my equip load under 50%.

Also, know the soft caps for stats because you get diminishing returns if you go over those caps.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The real Patriots AFC South team:

Titans’ brass sees some Tom Brady in Zach Mettenberger

The Titans think they made a great pick in the sixth round of last year’s draft. Maybe the second-best sixth-round draft pick in NFL history.

According to David Climer of the Tennessean, Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt and General Manager Ruston Webster think they pulled the steal of the 2014 draft when they chose Zach Mettenberger, and the Titans’ brass sees Mettenberger as a poor team’s Tom Brady.

Climer says that despite talk of the Titans drafting Marcus Mariota at No. 2 (or Jameis Winston if the Bucs pass on him), and despite talk of a trade for Philip Rivers or Jay Cutler, the Titans think Mettenberger has what it takes to be the franchise quarterback. “He’s the quarterback,” Climer writes.

Mettenberger did not play particularly well as a rookie, with eight touchdown passes, seven interceptions and an 83.4 passer rating. It’s hard to see what Mettenberger did in his rookie year to inspire that kind of confidence.

But the Titans seem to like what they’ve seen of Mettenberger’s work ethic and leadership. They may like it enough that they’ll be happy to go into 2015 with Mettenberger as their starter.

-PFT

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Do you need help with optimizing your build? I haven't played SOTFS yet, I have NG+7 the vanilla version though. I can't help you with enemy strats because I know a lot has changed.

I think one thing that may help you is putting points into adaptability. The resistances you get from adaptability are useless, but putting points into adaptability does raise your agility which is a very important stat. The higher your agility the more invincibility frames you get on your roll (agility also determines how fast you can drink estus and use consumables). I would try to get your agility to 105, that means 13 invincibility frames while rolling and 7 invincibility frames when back stepping.

Some people perceive the difference, some people don't. To me it changes the games difficulty from hard to more manageable.

I should clarify that adaptability and attunement raise agility, however attunement raises agility at a slower rate. You can use a combination of both to get to 105. I think 16 attunement and 28 adaptability raise your agility to 105. If you are not raising your attunement then 32 points into adaptability will get you to 105 agility.

At the risk of telling you shit you already know, you should also have your equip burden lower than 70%. Equip load % determines your walking speed, running speed. Equip load also determines how fast your stamina recovers as well as the distance of your rolls. I like to keep my equip load under 50%.

Also, know the soft caps for stats because you get diminishing returns if you go over those caps.

I know literally nothing about these games so you're not preaching to the choir here.

I've dumped most of my points into strength and a bit into dexterity so far. I think I've done one point in endurance as well.

effzee

.@JasonPhilCole listed the Redskins, Jets, Bears, Rams, Cleveland, Philadelphia & Philadelphia are all in the bidding for Mariota w/ TEN.

Itshappening.gif

Chip wants him so bad he is bidding against himself

Philly and Philly? Ha!

But of those teams mentioned the Eagles have the least to offer unless other coaches/GMs are also high on Stafford.

MRSA

Banned
Who's gonna make up for Gata's 100 post per day? If this thread gets on page 3 I'm gonna go ham on some communist.

Farooq

Banned
I know literally nothing about these games so you're not preaching to the choir here.

I've dumped most of my points into strength and a bit into dexterity so far. I think I've done one point in endurance as well.

What is your starting class? I think in beginning you want to raise your Str and Dex to the minimum requirements of whatever weapon you are using. Then raise Vigor and Endurance so you get more health and stamina. You want to raise your Vitality to increase your equip burden especially if you want to wear heavy armour and wield great swords. There is a build if you have your VIt at 14 and you get a ring from the DLCs, it raises your attack rating by 50, but I don't think you care right now and you can always respec.

Once you raise your health, stamina, and equip burden, focus on the raising adaptability for those invincibility frames. If you want to play a hybrid character this is where you may want to invest in Intelligence or Faith. If you don't care about being hybrid (or a caster) then focus on Str or Dex. I don't feel like recommending weapons because everyone has their own preferences. You do want to look at the scaling of the weapon and what stat that weapon scales in. Weapon scaling determines how much additional damage a weapon deals. The scaling is represented by a letter grade. S is the best, followed by A,B,C,D and E.

The grade determines what percentage of your stat bonus is being applied as additiontal damage. So if you have a 200 Str bonus and you have a weapon that is S scaling in strength, you should get an additional 200 damage bonus (you can see the additional stat bonus by a "+" next to the weapons base damage.)

For Strength:
S - 100% of your stat bonus
A- 80%
B- 55%
C- 35%

The scaling percentage for Dexterity is different. Also make sure you regularly upgrade your weapons, usually once you reach the final tier of upgrades the scaling improves.

Oh and this link should give you the stats soft caps.

Milchjon

XFY0clJ.png

:jnc, riiiiiiiiight

Edit: Pats writers seem to think he was hacked.

Also, Gata didn't get banned for telling MRSA to fuck off. Apparently, telling the truth is still allowed, after all.

DMczaf

Last night I went to my GF's boss's wife's birthday dinner, and then we went to the movies.

Then we went home and went to sleep.

#OldAsFuckSaturday

Top Bottom