• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Yooooo where's RBH at?!...
tumblr_nfckrlJJbh1smdmwgo1_400.gif
Let's get disrespectful!
I definitely just jinxed us, to much disrespect

Greg

I recently listened to the album Sunbather by Deafheaven. The music was amazig but I still hated the vocals. Is there anything similar to that out there? There might be some metal I like after all.
that's some pitchfork ass hipster metal

do you just want instrumental music, or similar music instrumentally with a different vocal style?

Devil Sold His Soul creates comparable atmospheres with their music (much better in my opinion), but vocally more post-hardcore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s01a-RpVlI

if you dig any of that song as a base, their release A Fragile Hope is more raw, and Empire of Light is a bit more upbeat - Blessed & Cursed is my favorite though

Damn.

I wanted to play FF VI since somebody here said they were gonna play it the other day, because I have it but am yet to play it. But with any game nowadays, the only regular chance I get to play is on the shitter, so I went digging for my old PSP so I could get it on there. Finally found it, and the charger was gone. So I ordered it one on Amazon. Got it today, plugged it in....no charge.

But, I flip the power, and it powers on anyway, so I figure good to go. I pick it up, and back panel over the battery breaks off and the battery falls out. It's swollen as shit, and clearly doesn't work. But I seem to be ok, since it's wired and working anyway. I go to the Playstation store.....update required. Download update, everything seems to be good. I go to install.....and it can't fucking install because it has too low of a charge. Please wait until the battery has more of a charge, it says. Fuck you PSP, it will never have that. So now I've ordered a new battery too. Still not playing the game.

End nerd rant.

Also, GoT is on tonight? I assumed we skipped the holiday weekend.

Godslay

Banned
but... LeBron

CLEVELAND

OHIO!

I'm with Greggers on this one.

Plus they were extra cunty when they beat the Nuggets a few years back in the playoffs, so they can go ahead and go back to irrelevance for all I care.

Just play it on your phone Larry. Same game slightly shitter graphics.

MRSA

Banned
Damn.

I wanted to play FF VI since somebody here said they were gonna play it the other day, because I have it but am yet to play it. But with any game nowadays, the only regular chance I get to play is on the shitter, so I went digging for my old PSP so I could get it on there. Finally found it, and the charger was gone. So I ordered it one on Amazon. Got it today, plugged it in....no charge.

But, I flip the power, and it powers on anyway, so I figure good to go. I pick it up, and back panel over the battery breaks off and the battery falls out. It's swollen as shit, and clearly doesn't work. But I seem to be ok, since it's wired and working anyway. I go to the Playstation store.....update required. Download update, everything seems to be good. I go to install.....and it can't fucking install because it has too low of a charge. Please wait until the battery has more of a charge, it says. Fuck you PSP, it will never have that. So now I've ordered a new battery too. Still not playing the game.

End nerd rant.

Also, GoT is on tonight? I assumed we skipped the holiday weekend.

My PSP just sits there, fuck the haters, get the iOS/Android version of FFVI. You can play that shit anywhere.

Tamanon

Banned
Oh god, tonight is the last night my mother-in-law is vacationing here with us. Finally some privacy with my girl after 2 straight weeks of her with us.

squicken

Why didn’t Wells interview each referee and equipment manager from every Patriots game from last season? There’s a rumor in NFL circles that something went on with the Patriots’ game at Green Bay, and the league office knows that. Yet Wells did not interview referee Ed Hochuli, nor Packers equipment manager Red Batty. Why not? The investigation was incomplete. If there was a pattern, it could have enhanced the NFL’s case. If there was not a pattern, it also would have put the one-game allegations against the Patriots into a different context as well. Wells probably didn’t go there because he didn’t whether it would help or hurt his case, and he didn’t want to take that chance.

Take the case of Greg Robinson, the No. 2 pick in the 2014 draft by the Rams, who struggled as a rookie and may need more time to be able to play left tackle. “They had four run plays (at Auburn) and one protection: slide left, slide right. He didn’t have a snap count,” says Rams line coach Paul Boudreau, who has coached in the NFL since 1987 with eight different teams. “Now, I coached Willie Roaf when Willie was a rookie. Willie’s in the Hall of Fame. And I can tell you from a coach who coached Willie and now coaches Greg Robinson: Greg Robinson as a rookie has more talent and is a better player than Willie. Willie had a great coach at Louisiana Tech and Willie was ahead of the curve because of the techniques he was taught, just like how we talk about preferring the Wisconsin, Iowa, Stanford and Notre Dame guys. They have one up on the guys from the spread. I’m not going to tell a spread coach he can’t do it anymore. What I’m saying to the NFL is, ‘Give me a chance to change this spread guy to an NFL guy. Don’t restrict me.’ Back in the day, we could take the Wing-T guys and convert them because we had the time. Just give me a chance to coach my guys and don’t tell me I can only have them for four hours.”
http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/24/memorial-day-nfl-veterans-tom-brady-deflategate/4/

spread seems to screw up all prospects but WRs

e: Bedard on Chip

“Kelly and Walsh each entered the league with cutting-edge offensive systems that many pundits deemed too finesse-oriented or pass-happy to succeed. Leaping from Stanford to the 49ers in 1979, Walsh believed that his offensive scheme could make up for San Francisco’s talent shortcomings, but he quickly realized that the same could not be said on the other side of the ball. In his second and third drafts, after starting his pro career 2–14, Walsh spent 14 of his 22 picks on defensive players, with 13 of those coming in the first six rounds. Likewise, in his second and third drafts with the Eagles, Kelly (who likely subscribes to Walsh’s belief that he can scheme his way out of any offensive talent deficiencies) spent 10 of his 13 selections on the defensive side of the ball.

“No question, the innovation [Walsh and Kelly] have with their offenses and how to run a team are similar,” says former 49ers CEO and president Carmen Policy. “People scoffed at Bill at first, and continued to scoff at his West Coast offense even after the first Super Bowl. Yes, you see the same elements of Bill in Chip, but Bill was much better prepared with his NFL experience being with Paul Brown [on the Bengals’ staff for seven years].”

Gobias

Banned
Can Game of Thrones just kill Cersei and move all plots to Dorne? Thanks.

that's some pitchfork ass hipster metal

do you just want instrumental music, or similar music instrumentally with a different vocal style?

Devil Sold His Soul creates comparable atmospheres with their music (much better in my opinion), but vocally more post-hardcore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s01a-RpVlI

if you dig any of that song as a base, their release A Fragile Hope is more raw, and Empire of Light is a bit more upbeat - Blessed & Cursed is my favorite though

I probably am looking for mostly instrumental because I haven't heard much vocals that I enjoy, altough the second half of that video was fine. Really just haven't heard any louder/screamier/whatever vocals that I like. Maybe I just need to get more into it. The music from the video you posted is really good though.

Can Game of Thrones just kill Cersei and move all plots to Dorne? Thanks.

I probably am looking for mostly instrumental because I haven't heard much vocals that I enjoy, altough the second half of that video was fine. Really just haven't heard any of the louder/screamier/whatever vocals that I like. Maybe I just need to get more into it. The music from the video you posted is really good though.

They better hurry up and free Margaery so she can start ruling.

Top Bottom