• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

I have been at this forum for more than a decade and in that time I have spend countless hours explaining to anyone that would listen that the Patriots were frauds and cheaters.

Now with cheating so blatant that they have been twice convicted by a group of individuals so dumb that they remind me of Gata my moment had finally arrived. Instead of a time of celebration and brotherhood, I was instead shamed by being banned for telling the truth of the Patriots crimes. I think that is the 3rd ban in a year.

Obviously there is some Pats fan who has mod status or the ear of Gata so I am probably not much longer for this board.

But it no longer matters. The crimes have been exposed and no one with even half a brain will ever respect the team, coach or qb ever again.

Now carry on with your stupid discussions of anime and whatever else you degenerates were discussing while I was away.

Oh and Patriot fans I have a special message for you. ** **** **********!

tumblr_nng1i5CCIY1t0ple2o1_400.gif

The hero we need, but not the one we deserve.

squicken

Welcome back, bionic. Even if they ban you forever, you will always have the truth on your side

"And I say this with the most humility, but I don't think nobody has ever been who I'm trying to be. Nobody has the size, nobody has the speed, nobody has the arm strength, nobody had the intangibles that I've had. I'm not saying that to say I'm a one-on-one type of person that this league will never see another. No, I'm not saying that. Hear me out. I'm just saying that so much of my talents have not been seen in one person."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...been-who-im-trying-to-be?campaign=Twitter_atn

Godslay

Banned
All the teams in the AFC that were considered contenders still have the same issues as last year as far as I'm concerned.

Denver still has Manning.
Colts don't have a defense or an OL. Offense marginally improved.
Patriots balls will be fully inflated to regulation, and Ghost of Revis still raking in cash from the shell of the defense.

Outside of those three, I think the teams in the hunt have closed the gap to some degree. Pitt, Balt, Miami, all look pretty good on paper. I don't think it will be like the last couple of years with a clear top 2, I think it starts to get muddier this year and even more so once Peyton and T*m start pushing up football daisies.

Drakeon

All the teams in the AFC that were considered contenders still have the same issues as last year as far as I'm concerned.

Patriots balls will be fully inflated to regulation, and Ghost of Revis still raking in cash from the shell of the defense.

Outside of those three, I think the teams in the hunt have closed the gap to some degree. Pitt, Balt, Miami, all look pretty good on paper. I don't think it will be like the last couple of years with a clear top 2, I think it starts to get muddier this year and even more so once Peyton and T*m start pushing up football daisies.

Philbin is a garbage coach who won't go anywhere in the playoffs if they make it there (sorry Phins fans, you know its true). He's a fine OC, but he's not HC material.

Fox318

I have been at this forum for more than a decade and in that time I have spend countless hours explaining to anyone that would listen that the Patriots were frauds and cheaters.

Now with cheating so blatant that they have been twice convicted by a group of individuals so dumb that they remind me of Gata my moment had finally arrived. Instead of a time of celebration and brotherhood, I was instead shamed by being banned for telling the truth of the Patriots crimes. I think that is the 3rd ban in a year.

Obviously there is some Pats fan who has mod status or the ear of Gata so I am probably not much longer for this board.

But it no longer matters. The crimes have been exposed and no one with even half a brain will ever respect the team, coach or qb ever again.

Now carry on with your stupid discussions of anime and whatever else you degenerates were discussing while I was away.

Oh and Patriot fans I have a special message for you. ** **** **********!

BkWNwoC.jpg

Godslay

Banned
Philbin is a garbage coach who won't go anywhere in the playoffs if they make it there (sorry Phins fans, you know its true). He's a fine OC, but he's not HC material.

He's roughly 0.500 over 3 years. With a pretty young team and inexperienced QB. I put him in the we don't know yet category. He very well could be garbage, but the team he'll lead did get better talentwise.

Colts are past the prove it stage for me. I'm content to write them off as Colts 2.0 (meaning regular season monsters only to wilt in the playoffs like they did with Manning) until Grigson (or the the next GM) actually takes the other side of the ball seriously.

I don't think Baltimore was ever not a contender. Of all the contenders you listed they were the most recent Super Bowl winners.

Steelers are up in the air until we know where that defense stands. Offense is on point but Luck can tell you what no defense gets you in the playoffs.

Spinluck

:jnc

So you're saying Philbin is the offensive Pagano.

After they both get fired next year, they will be hired by a team and win an SB as the offensive and defensive coordinators of that respective team.

MechDX

Colts don't put any stock into defense. They are doubling down on Luck and hoping he can just outscore teams.

Colts...More things change I guess.

Thank You! Been saying this the entire off season.

And their big free agent signings on offense are old, 34 & 36 years. I would wager they each miss substantial time during the season

Godslay

Banned
Colts are past the prove it stage for me. I'm content to write them off as Colts 2.0 (meaning regular season monsters only to wilt in the playoffs like they did with Manning) until Grigson (or the the next GM) actually takes the other side of the ball seriously.

I don't think Baltimore was ever not a contender. Of all the contenders you listed they were the most recent Super Bowl winners.

Steelers are up in the air until we know where that defense stands. Offense is on point but Luck can tell you what no defense gets you in the playoffs.

I can agree with this. I think Baltimore is a contender as well, they just had a shitty secondary that let them down when they had the Pats pinned down. I'm assuming that gets fixed.

MechDX

Time for my annual way too bold, way too early prediction bound to go wrong:

The Pats don't win the AFC East AND don't make the playoffs

Every year the majority here picks the Pats to finally fail.

Every year they start out slow and everyone celebrates

Every year they are proven wrong

Spinluck

Wut

11-5 three straight years equals regular season monsters? Deacon pls

We've outperformed with the talent we've had (yeah it's the AFC etc etc).

2 of our playoff losses were against better SB winning teams. I mean- a loss is a loss, but it's not like we're marching into one and dones. This is no where near as bad as Manning's first 3 post season appearances lol. Unless we're talking early playoff games vs NE.

Every year the majority here picks the Pats to finally fail.

Every year they start out slow and everyone celebrates

Every year they are proven wrong

In sports everyone is right eventually in some way. For example, I predict Andre Johnson will win his first game in Indy this year!

Godslay

Banned

I think we can win a Superbowl with Peyton. At this stage though, I think he needs to completely buy into the offense Kubiak wants to create. The main reason being to keep him healthy and fresh, and the second being that when he gets rattled (it will happen at some point in the playoffs to most QBs), the Broncos have an alternative to go to until Peyton gets back on track. If changes aren't made in that fashion, I think we'll see the same results we did the last few years.

I don't think he's a liability for the record, but with all teams you need to have a plan to fall back on when teams blunt your first option, and in the Broncos case we need to learn the Heimlich of the football world.

Wut

11-5 three straight years equals regular season monsters? Deacon pls

That's....exactly what it means. Monsters in the regular season, mice in the playoffs. See: Peyton Manning led teams, who went 14-2,13-3, 12-4, yearly only to wilt in the playoffs.

We've outperformed with the talent we've had (yeah it's the AFC etc etc).

2 of our playoff losses were against better SB winning teams. I mean- a loss is a loss, but it's not like we're marching into one and dones. This is no where near as bad as Manning's first 3 post season appearances lol. Unless we're talking early playoff games vs NE.

You said it brother - a loss IS a loss.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
You can take a 9er off of the 9ers, but you can't take the 9ers out of a 9er.

Damian Trujillo ‏@newsdamian 54m54 minutes ago San Jose, CA

BREAKING. Deja Vu. Ray McDonald arrested again. Domestic Violence. Possible Child Endangerment. #SCPD. @ChicagoBears

You can take a 9er off of the 9ers, but you can't take the 9ers out of a 9er.

Damian Trujillo ‏@newsdamian 54m54 minutes ago San Jose, CA

BREAKING. Deja Vu. Ray McDonald arrested again. Domestic Violence. Possible Child Endangerment. #SCPD. @ChicagoBears

Mmmm mmm not our problem anymore!

Although now our problem is sorry ass Arik armstead

Spinluck

I think we can win a Superbowl with Peyton. At this stage though, I think he needs to completely buy into the offense Kubiak wants to create. The main reason being to keep him healthy and fresh, and the second being that when he gets rattled (it will happen at some point in the playoffs to most QBs), the Broncos have an alternative to go to until Peyton gets back on track. If changes aren't made in that fashion, I think we'll see the same results we did the last few years.

I don't think he's a liability for the record, but with all teams you need to have a plan to fall back on when teams blunt your first option, and in the Broncos case we need to learn the Heimlich of the football world.

I think it can happen too, I'm really interested in seeing how much Kubiak takes off Peyton's work load. I'm expecting a 3,000 and something yard passing season to conserve energy for the playoffs.
I kid, of course. He's gonna need a lot more though.

That's....exactly what it means. Monsters in the regular season, mice in the playoffs. See: Peyton Manning led teams, who went 14-2,13-3, 12-4, yearly only to wilt in the playoffs.

What I'm saying though is our teams weren't as good as those teams... I don't see how Manning Era Colts taking 5yrs to win a post season game is remotely the same as our current situation when our biggest roadblock hasn't been the playoffs themselves.

Andre will miss a minimum of 6 games.

That isn't a prediction, that's probably in his contract!

We need to get some bets going here. Put your avatar where your mouth is.

Luck will throw under 15INTs this year, and the Colts will have a top 30 defense.

Spinluck

Texans win both games vs. Indy because Johnson WAS the curse

It would suck if you were to be right.

I know Johnson is an old, but he was the only WR that Davis couldn't shut down last year. I think that's pretty impressive considering who was throwing him the ball.

MechDX

For all I made fun of him I'm excited he's a jet

Had his best year ever last year. #HOPE #BOB Then the dirty ass Colts happened and broke his leg with a cheap shot.

It would suck if you were to be right.

I know Johnson is an old, but he was the only WR that Davis couldn't shut down last year. I think that's pretty impressive considering who was throwing him the ball.

DeAndre Hopkins became the clear #1 last year and Andre wasn't getting double teamed as much. He just has zero break away speed anymore and has slowed down. Meh.

Velcro Fly

McDonald is a piece of shit and the 49ers/NFL and now the Bears should be fucking torched by the media for letting this pile of human excrement continue to draw paychecks and play in the league. Third arrest in a year? Yeah fuck this guy suspend him for a year.

Top Bottom