• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
See, Milch lives in fake Germany. I live in superior Bavaria. He lives a sallow half-life. Hell, he might as well be French.

Real talk: I once (not totally non-seriously) considered getting a part time janitor job on an army base near Stuttgart for access to Popeyes.

Alas, even for one of those, you need to be a US citizen :-(

Military bases have to hire some large percentage of local workers. Just sayin'.

WanderingWind

Bavaria is basically Austria.

Psh. Where did the German kings of old live at? Bavaria. Where did pretzels come from? Bavaria. Where did lederhosen and dirndels come from? Bavaria. Where are Munich and Nurnberg, the two most famous Germany cities not named Berlin? Bavaria.

Beets. Bears. Bavaria.

....bitches.

Hunter S.

No humidity? That would suck :(
Dry heat is way way worse than humid heat.
You get all parched and lips chapped, itchy, its gross.
That is why everyone uses lip balm to keep our lips extra kissable. I have experienced humidity lately here. You feel so dirty sticky all the time. I have to take an extra shower every day.

cajunator

Banned
It's Vegas, baby! It's always worth it.

Yeah, Vegas is in the middle of the desert :(

I don't mind humidity since I grew up in Hawaii.

humidity makes you sweat a lot but the secret is to do outdoor activities in morning or night when humidity is a bit lower and to use Florida Water to cool off.
Its not that terrible. Dry heat is sometimes nice if its moderate but you can dehydrate REALLY quickly without realizing it then you get really sick.

Hunter S.

humidity makes you sweat a lot but the secret is to do outdoor activities in morning or night when humidity is a bit lower and to use Florida Water to cool off.
Its not that terrible. Dry heat is sometimes nice if its moderate but you can dehydrate REALLY quickly without realizing it then you get really sick.
I hydrate myself with beer and tequila and never feel as thirsty as you say.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
How about you euros hold off on your little contest until it's night time here so you can keep the thread on the first page?

Milchjon

Psh. Where did the German kings of old live at? Bavaria. Where did pretzels come from? Bavaria. Where did lederhosen and dirndels come from? Bavaria. Where are Munich and Nurnberg, the two most famous Germany cities not named Berlin? Bavaria.

Beets. Bears. Bavaria.

....bitches.

Austria, Munich and Nuremberg are basically all Hitler country.

Anyhow, I might actually return to Munich in about half a year. It's not quite Hamburg, but it's not the worst.

WanderingWind

WanderingWind sure is showing a lot of German pride...

Nah. But nothing pisses off the rest of Germany faster than talking about how Bavaria is the best part of the country. It's like if Texans had all the money and power in the U.S. and outsiders actually believed everything was bigger in Texas.

The restaurant situation is pretty decent. Nothing super high-end but there's a market for a solid variety of different styles. That variety largely dissipates the further north or south you go from Salt Lake.

The valley has a smog problem. It's an inversion that waxes and wanes with the seasons and weather patterns. Some days it's unnoticeable. Some days it's a visible film you can observe from a high enough vantage point.

Rush hour traffic kinda blows. It's not like DC-level bad but it's worse than a lot of places. I was lucky enough to live near the TRAX (light rail) line when I was needing to commute up the valley every day but, even with it expanding in the past few years, it's not an easy option for everyone.

I've heard from people, both Mormon and not, that they like Utah for raising their kid, but I don't have kids myself so I don't have first-hand experience with it. Crime rates are pretty low and education costs are comparatively decent. Utah tends to rank at the top or bottom of lists of "where to raise your kid". They're at the top when it comes to things that involve the child like general quality of life for the kid. They're at the bottom when it comes to things that involve the parents like maternity leave and job support for daycare.
I appreciate the info, thanks man!

TDR, come to Germany, we're the best

http://www.expatinfodesk.com/expat-...n-decision-criteria/best-cities-for-children/

offshoreoffspringresults.png

Even grumpy mcgrumpster WW likes it here!
Too bad you guys decided to freak out about uranium mining after that whole Japan thing. I hear the mining tech is pretty incredible in Germany! Lots of these bad boys:

huge-bwe.jpg

Look at the vehicles for scale reference...

Never had that issue here, I can't stand humidity

Milchjon

Nah. But nothing pisses off the rest of Germany faster than talking about how Bavaria is the best part of the country. It's like if Texans had all the money and power in the U.S. and outsiders actually believed everything was bigger in Texas.

Best part of the country is actually Franconia.

Also, I like most of Germany. It's actually quite diverse for such a small country.

No one associates the Germans and nationalism.

That's exactly why you will find most people not being proud.

You won't find military parades and shit over here. The only time where you'll see a significant amount of German flags is during the world cup.

We're kinda scared of Patriotism.

WanderingWind

Best part of the country is actually Franconia.

Also, I like most of Germany. It's actually quite diverse for such a small country.

Well, uh, it's a lovely place. But I don't know if I'd call it diverse. Suntan lotion is the number one seller out here, if you get what I mean.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Chargers released a statement that basically says "LA or bust." Well, fuck 'em I guess.

Top Bottom