• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Bread

Banned
fOLC5c3.gif

Kelvin Benjamin strained his hammy again and reported to OTAs apparently overweight.

tonykornheiserwhy.jpg

I'm really going to have to hear KITTENZ HAV NO RECEIVERZ LOL LOL again this year.

Thanks for the info! I'm married with a one year old so finding a good place to raise a family is my first priority, but I also want to be near at least a decent sized city to have some stuff to do. All of the outdoor stuff sounds great. What's the food like, generally speaking?

I guess more than anything I'm just looking for general impressions. I've lived on the east coast my whole life so anything out west is somewhat foreign to me. If you've lived there for a decade and like it alright that's a good endorsement to me.

The restaurant situation is pretty decent. Nothing super high-end but there's a market for a solid variety of different styles. That variety largely dissipates the further north or south you go from Salt Lake.

The valley has a smog problem. It's an inversion that waxes and wanes with the seasons and weather patterns. Some days it's unnoticeable. Some days it's a visible film you can observe from a high enough vantage point.

Rush hour traffic kinda blows. It's not like DC-level bad but it's worse than a lot of places. I was lucky enough to live near the TRAX (light rail) line when I was needing to commute up the valley every day but, even with it expanding in the past few years, it's not an easy option for everyone.

I've heard from people, both Mormon and not, that they like Utah for raising their kid, but I don't have kids myself so I don't have first-hand experience with it. Crime rates are pretty low and education costs are comparatively decent. Utah tends to rank at the top or bottom of lists of "where to raise your kid". They're at the top when it comes to things that involve the child like general quality of life for the kid. They're at the bottom when it comes to things that involve the parents like maternity leave and job support for daycare.

Hindl

I actually don't have a problem with catdogbirdthing, but that game has been in development so long it has impossible expectations. It could turn out to be fun of course.

My thoughts too. I hope the game is good, but that gameplay segment didn't look really compelling. This game looks like it focuses on building attachment to the characters, and it seems like people have plenty of attachment to the characters solely due to how long they've been waiting for it. So I'm interested to see a review when it comes out of a fan that's been following the whole time versus someone who's coming to it from a blank slate.

Crisco

Banned
Kelvin Benjamin strained his hammy again and reported to OTAs apparently overweight.

tonykornheiserwhy.jpg

I'm really going to have to hear KITTENZ HAV NO RECEIVERZ LOL LOL again this year.

Ugh, that was my main fear with KB. I thought he looked a bit chunky in pictures and it explains the hammy injuries. Poor off-season conditioning :/

cajunator

Banned
real talk though, Texas does have some pretty damned good food.
Just not good Cajun food. We should combine Louisiana and Texas and form a culinary country.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
D:

Milchy Im sorry but I cannot survive there.
I will always love you <3

Milch is lying out of whatever hole he lies out of. I can go get Popeye's tomorrow. In fact, I think I will. And then I'll post a big ol' picture of it. And Milch gets none of it. I may even try their limited time only Red Stick chicken. And a big ol' buttery biscuit. With a gallon of sweet tea, of course.

Milchjon

Milch is lying out of whatever hole he lies out of. I can go get Popeye's tomorrow. In fact, I think I will. And then I'll post a big ol' picture of it. And Milch gets none of it. I may even try their limited time only Red Stick chicken. And a big ol' buttery biscuit. With a gallon of sweet tea, of course.

Real talk: I once (not totally non-seriously) considered getting a part time janitor job on an army base near Stuttgart for access to Popeyes.

Alas, even for one of those, you need to be a US citizen :-(

Top Bottom