• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Pretty sure I'm getting blown off by this chick after trying to specify plans for our second date Friday.

Feels bad man.

ampere

Pretty sure I'm getting blown off by this chick after trying to specify plans for our second date Friday.

Feels bad man.

Chin up brother, the dating game can be rough. I had 3 amazing dates with a girl about a month ago and then she said she didn't think we were a match. Felt so right, but I guess it wasn't.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Give it a week, don't contact her, and then try again, if you get nothing, move on. Things sometimes do happen.

Yeah I haven't and won't make a scene over text or anything. Time to find some other chicks online I guess.

edit: I will say the girl was 25 and I was her first date in 4 years since she had been out of the game due to some medical problems that she's now recovering from. Obviously that adds a layer to all this.

Bead failed, wienke about to fail, who's gonna step up?! Gotor? Cajun?

Fuck you, I ain't totally failed shit yet

Getting-gack-on-the-horse.png

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Text her dick pics and anime.

Yeah no.

Chin up brother, the dating game can be rough. I had 3 amazing dates with a girl about a month ago and then she said she didn't think we were a match. Felt so right, but I guess it wasn't.

Well we didn't even kiss after our first date, she's clearly inexperienced compared to me after being out of the game for so long. Still I really thought she was a very sweet girl and I saw a lot of potential in her.

she ain't shit

or maybe something came up

she ain't shit

Greg always with the kind words :*)

Only thing I'm concerned about overall is my physical well-being. Two major setbacks in dating so close together has me working out like a fiend. Most of it is motivated by self-loathing but my ass is in the gym once, sometimes twice, a day 7 days a week. Lately I've been eating very little, about 1200 calories per day with zero appetite and I'm getting maybe 3-5 hours of sleep a night max. It's like I just can't calm down when I'm by myself. I have this tremendous inner rage and self-hatred just drumming me forward and forward and forward without ceasing. This has been going on for about a month now.

Furyous

Feels bad man.

It's more fish in the sea more drinks at the bar. She chose different and that's cool. Go home, hit the gym, study the all-22 tape, change your offensive philosophy (less five step drops more three step drops), and go conquer.

ampere

Well we didn't even kiss after our first date, she's clearly inexperienced compared to me after being out of the game for so long. Still I really thought she was a very sweet girl and I saw a lot of potential in her.

Personally I never do the first date kiss honestly. I always go for it on the second if this went well though.

Only thing I'm concerned about overall is my physical well-being. Two major setbacks in dating so close together has me working out like a fiend. Most of it is motivated by self-loathing but my ass is in the gym once, sometimes twice, a day 7 days a week. Lately I've been eating very little, about 1200 calories per day with zero appetite and I'm getting maybe 3-5 hours of sleep a night max. It's like I just can't calm down when I'm by myself. I have this tremendous inner rage and self-hatred just drumming me forward and forward and forward without ceasing. This has been going on for about a month now.

I know the feeling, but try to remember that sleep and diet are just as essential to physical improvements as the exercise! I've been overthinking stuff like crazy lately being unemployed, too much free time is a bad thing for me!

Damn, this makes me sad. :(

You're a cool dude, wienke! Tell that self-hatred to eat shit!

I gave up on dating, I ain't got the time for that bullshit
Having been married for nearly 20 years, I wouldn't even know where to begin in terms of being single again. I don't have patience or "give a fuck" to get to know anyone anymore.

Gotta let some shit go, bro. Not worth your well being. I mean working out like crazy isn't a bad thing but you're gonna burn out pretty quickly living like that.

I hate to sound cliched but self-loathing for that reason is misguided my friend - when you meet the right one its pretty fucking easy. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Dating in this day and age is basically like finding a job. You write a long ass cover letter. Wait for a response. Do a phone interview. Do an in person interview. Then you wait a few weeks for a follow up that never comes and you start the process over again.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Damn, this makes me sad. :(

You're a cool dude, wienke! Tell that self-hatred to eat shit!

Gotta let some shit go, bro. Not worth your well being. I mean working out like crazy isn't a bad thing but you're gonna burn out pretty quickly living like that.

I hate to sound cliched but self-loathing for that reason is misguided my friend - when you meet the right one its pretty fucking easy. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Thanks bros.

I know it can't be healthy but there's always that nagging doubt in the back of my mind saying "If I was just better looking, this wouldn't have happened". I feel like sitting still gets me no closer to where I want to be or what I want out of life. I feel the weight of years of being out of shape just crushing me with a lot of regret for the lost time spent feeling physically undesirable. So each and every day I wake up obsessed with self improvement because I hate feeling like I'm just not good enough for these chicks.

I can also objectively say that I'm not the worst looking guy ever so I dunno.

Thanks bros.

I know it can't be healthy but there's always that nagging doubt in the back of my mind saying "If I was just better looking, this wouldn't have happened". I feel like sitting still gets me no closer to where I want to be or what I want out of life. I feel the weight of years of being out of shape just crushing me with a lot of regret for the lost time spent feeling physically undesirable. So each and every day I wake up obsessed with self improvement because I hate feeling like I'm just not good enough for these chicks.

I can also objectively say that I'm not the worst looking guy ever so I dunno.
Maybe you should see a therapist

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Pro Football Focus @PFF

Most accurate QBs vs. blitz the last 3 seasons (Min. 200 att)
1. Roethlisberger: 67.9%
2. Ryan: 67.2%
3. Brees: 66.9%

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm surprised more of you didn't zero on the fact it was her first anything in four years and that I should have seen the red flags. Basically she was a child the last time she went out with a guy.

Maybe you should see a therapist

Nah, I've been to one of those before at a different time of life for anxiety issues and this doesn't feel as pressing. It's more like a chronic mild mania than anything else.

brentech

Looks like I might be going to New Orleans next March for my brother in law's wedding. Basically just my wife and I going with them as witnesses and no one else. Never been down that way, but I'm sure my stomach won't agree with anything there. Going to have to stay safe.

Anyone have that Verizon Edge plan? We have the old Share Everything plan between my wife, her brother, and I. If we add his fiance and switch to the Edge plan, does only one of us need to get a new phone when we make that switch? Not a big deal, planned to upgrade later this year anyways, but not sure if they need/want to change phones themselves yet.
Verizon website is real nondescript on the phone part of that plan.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Looks like I might be going to New Orleans next March for my brother in law's wedding. Basically just my wife and I going with them as witnesses and no one else. Never been down that way, but I'm sure my stomach won't agree with anything there. Going to have to stay safe.

Anyone have that Verizon Edge plan? We have the old Share Everything plan between my wife, her brother, and I. If we add his fiance and switch to the Edge plan, does only one of us need to get a new phone when we make that switch? Not a big deal, planned to upgrade later this year anyways, but not sure if they need/want to change phones themselves yet.
Verizon website is real nondescript on the phone part of that plan.

Last time I looked at that Edge plan, it was a total ripoff.

brentech

Last time I looked at that Edge plan, it was a total ripoff.

Reading it over again, I don't think there is an 'edge plan'. I think that's just their phone payment plan. Then that gives you a $15/mo line fee instead of $40/mo, just for the phone you're paying for that way.

Top Bottom