• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

For reference, here are the 10 highest paid players in the NFL by average salary

1) A. Rodgers 22M
2) B. Roethlisberger 21.9M
3) C. Newton 20.76M
4) M. Ryan 20.75M
5) J. Flacco 20.1M
6) D. Brees 20M
7) R. Tannehill 19.25M
8) N. Suh 19.06M
9) C. Kaepernick 19M
10) J. Cutler 18.1M

So yeah, 25 mil per, would be...unprecedented. I want to say that he was just throwing a random number out there to go with his larger point (he's ready to suit up, no matter what he's getting paid), but Wilson's too smart to make accidents like that.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So I take the ferry in to SF for my commute now. I'm posting from the middle of the goddamn bay right now, woot.

Show us a view!!

A bit late, but here's a few pics I took last week on the commute ride home:

j2w7Drv.jpg

jonFWqN.jpg

74peCim.jpg

i1qi5gq.jpg

For reference, here are the 10 highest paid players in the NFL by average salary

1) A. Rodgers 22M
2) B. Roethlisberger 21.9M
3) C. Newton 20.76M
4) M. Ryan 20.75M
5) J. Flacco 20.1M
6) D. Brees 20M
7) R. Tannehill 19.25M
8) N. Suh 19.06M
9) C. Kaepernick 19M
10) J. Cutler 18.1M

I just hope they pay him more than Flacco. He gets bumped down to six. A few more big contracts to other players, and I can stop hating him.

Not completely, but less hatred overall.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
CItiWwfWwAAycbg.jpg

We all know that Fatford is #1. Who are the other 3?

If Stafford isn't in the Top 4 it's a nonsensical, bullshit list.

Who voted for this? Some Fullbacks, offensive lineman and running backs on NFL Network?

It seems like the criteria for best Quarterback is "one or two playoff wins" or a Super Bowl victory. Not actual intangibles that make a great Quarterback like Peyton Manning, Dree Brees or Tom Brady great.

I guarantee you 95% of GMs in the league would take Matthew Stafford over Joe Flacco and most the QBs on that list.

Hell I almost guarantee you the Seahawks front office would take Stafford over Russell. Look at Golden Tates numbers when he actually played with a 5 step drop QB who goes through his reads in the pocket.

Archie Manning on Matthew Stafford:

"Great young man," Manning said at the Super Bowl last week. "One of my favorite quarterbacks. He's an old Manning Passing Academy guy and I still think the best arm we ever had at the Manning Passing Academy."

02/15/2015

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/02/02/nfl-strongest-arms/22771243/

Steve Young on Matthew Stafford:

Matthew Stafford is on the cusp of greatness.

Drew Brees on Matthew Stafford:

I feel like he picked it up very well," Brees said. "Just watching his command of the system and some of the check-with-me stuff -- he seemed to do a very good job with it. I was impressed."

Brees continued: "He's a lot more talented of a thrower than I am. I'm serious. The dude can sling it. He is ultra-talented."

4/20/2015

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/04/saints_drew_brees_lions.html

Real recognize real.

Stafford is 27 and hitting his prime these next 6-8 years. League is on notice.

Peter Schrager ‏@PSchrags 3h3 hours ago
Not going to get as much press as it should, but Colin Kaepernick's ( @Kaepernick7 ) Camp Taylor has raised $500K for pediatric cardiology.

But he wears too many shoes and shit!

TOO MUCH SWAWWWWWWAAAAGGGGWAGAGGGAGAGG

@DangeRussWilson
Raised over $600K for @StrongAgainstCancer at our #WilsonKahneDrive tonight!

#SavingKidsLives

Kaep raised 500k?! Quick lets release a statement how I raised 600k.

cdyhybrid

@DangeRussWilson
Raised over $600K for @StrongAgainstCancer at our #WilsonKahneDrive tonight!

#SavingKidsLives

Kaep raised 500k?! Quick lets release a statement how I raised 600k.

He even scheduled the event for the same night the info about Kaep's foundation would leak.

What an ass.

FTF

If Stafford isn't in the Top 4 it's a nonsensical, bullshit list.

Who voted for this? Some Fullbacks, offensive lineman and running backs on NFL Network?

It seems like the criteria for best Quarterback is "one or two playoff wins" or a Super Bowl victory. Not actual intangibles that make a great Quarterback like Peyton Manning, Dree Brees or Tom Brady great.

I guarantee you 95% of GMs in the league would take Matthew Stafford over Joe Flacco and most the QBs on that list.

Hell I almost guarantee you the Seahawks front office would take Stafford over Russell. Look at Golden Tates numbers when he actually played with a 5 step drop QB who goes through his reads in the pocket.

Archie Manning on Matthew Stafford:

02/15/2015

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/02/02/nfl-strongest-arms/22771243/

Steve Young on Matthew Stafford:

Drew Brees on Matthew Stafford:

4/20/2015

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/04/saints_drew_brees_lions.html

Real recognize real.

Stafford is 27 and hitting his prime these next 6-8 years. League is on notice.

lol sorry man, it's going to be Brady, Rodgers, Manning and Luck. But I agree, Stafford should have been on that list somewhere.

cajunator

Banned
I wonder how those QBs would play on the Saints with basically no defense.
Theyve had bad defenses but usually not historically bad like ours has been. It puts a lot of extra pressure on the QB when the other team just goes right down the field on every drive.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Shit didn't see him, and I forgot about Rodgers, damn off season makes you forget all the good players.. Training Camp soon get to hear our Punter talk woot :)

It's been a while since I've seen entire pages of Giants fans analyzing their 6th round draft picks in various schemes.

Top Bottom