• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Weirdest thing is half-way through the season the defense was one of the best in the league. Unbelievable how much they collapsed.

Yeah I don't get it. I know our LBs got hurt but the replacements end up playing better anyways. Coyle said he's dumbing down the defense and using less packages so hopefully that helps but maybe it's a conditioning thing? Maybe it was Tannehills fault.....hmmmm

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 1h1 hour ago
Can confirm, as @McClain_on_NFL said, #texans are finalists for Hard Knocks and take it a step further. They are the favorites.

sigh.....everyone wants some JJ I guess.

068b212ed39f1a8e738772d724b86250.623x343x336.gif

With a few rare exceptions
I don't really enjoy playing games on my phone.

Yeah I don't get it. I know our LBs got hurt but the replacements end up playing better anyways. Coyle said he's dumbing down the defense and using less packages so hopefully that helps but maybe it's a conditioning thing? Maybe it was Tannehills fault.....hmmmm
Maybe if Tannehill wasn't complete garbage in practice he could have actually prepared the defense for facing a real NFL QB like Geno Smith.

MechDX

It's going to be strange seeing how JJ reacts to being on Hard Knocks. He's usually such a reserved type of dude who shys away from all the attention and cameras.

Hope you bitches are ready for heavy doses of "Im here just trying to be the best team mate I can be." O'Brien puts all outside access on lock down. Will be a historically boring season of Hard Knocks.

Except for Mike Vrabel. Ted Johnson thinks he will be this years Bryan Cox.

squicken

Seems kinda Deadspin commenter to look for ways not to enjoy watching probably one of 5 best defensive players to ever play football

Please grant me a moment of your time, I'd like to share the gospel of the best under 27 QB in the NFL. His name is Ryan Timothy Tannehill and he is on the cusp of leading his team to a new dynasty.

You raise a good point!

I'm all for making fun of :kas but don't jinx it!!! What if we get a good head coach next year!!

squicken

It didn’t happen, which led to squabbling with Mike Shanahan before Shanahan was fired as the team’s head coach. Griffin had another serious injury last year and continued to struggle in Jay Gruden’s offense, but Shanahan doesn’t think the injuries have been the quarterback’s problem.

“I don’t think getting hurt has anything to do with it,” Shanahan said of RG3 on the Grant and Danny Show on 106.7 The Fan, via CSNWashington.com. “In college he didn’t have a route tree, didn’t have a playbook. That does take some time. … If you take a QB like that you must run the kind of system that allows them to be successful … I really believe Robert thought he was more of a drop back quarterback. He hasn’t done things the NFL asks you to do. It does take some growing pains. You better really work on it inside and out.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...arent-why-rgiii-has-struggled-last-two-years/

BigAT

Seems kinda Deadspin commenter to look for ways not to enjoy watching probably one of 5 best defensive players to ever play football

In my defense, it's not so much Watt I dislike but rather Mech's 24/7 ballwashing of him.

Although that shit he pulled with Mettenberger was legitimately douchey.

MechDX

Posted by Brett Kollman at Battle red Blog. Brett works in production at NFLN so....

I posted this in the masthead email chain, but I'll c/p it here too...

From what I’ve been told by people with connections at NFL Films, the producers of Hard Knocks thought that the Watt vs Jake Matthews segment was the best stuff they’ve done in years, and they want to go back to Houston to spotlight the Texans even more. Clowney’s return, the QB battle, Wilfork, B’OB, Watt’s dominance, and of course Cushing’s and Foster’s personalities are all stuff they want to feature prominently. Apparently they have been zeroing in on Houston for this season since last season ended.

Draxal

Probably top 3 with LT and Reggie, and both of those cats aren't nice people.

I'm still salty that the Giants could have picked up Reggie.

squicken

The GIF of Watt from Hard Knocks really is the best thing they did with the Falcons season. Other than the "toughen up" camp fights, which was more ironic humor

In my defense, it's not so much Watt I dislike but rather Mech's 24/7 ballwashing of him.

Although that shit he pulled with Mettenberger was legitimately douchey.

I agree. Great players are constantly looking for perceived slights for motivation. It helps them succeed but also makes them insufferable at times. Watt may be a media whore, but I don't mind that if his selfishness is socially constructive. Visiting sick kids may get him the attention he wants, but it doesn't mean those kids aren't thrilled to meet him

BigAT

The GIF of Watt from Hard Knocks really is the best thing they did with the Falcons season. Other than the "toughen up" camp fights, which was more ironic humor
It was funny that Mike Tice and Bryan Cox were the two toughest guys on that team.

MechDX

Guess they don't want another Falcons' season where the only interesting character is a position coach.

As much as I am indifferent to them being on the show there are plenty of storylines there besides what was mention in that quote I posted.

- David Quessenberry is returning after being out last year fighting lymphoma cancer
- Retooling the WR corp after Johnson left
- The preseason game and joint practices with the Saints during the Katrina anniversary
- O'Brien's sons medical situation
- "connections" with the Patriots

As much as I am indifferent to them being on the show there are plenty of storylines there besides what was mention in that quote I posted.

- David Quessenberry is returning after being out last year fighting lymphoma cancer
- The preseason game and joint practices with the Saints during the Katrina anniversary
- "coonections" with the Patriots
1ijmyqz.gif

As much as we may not give a shit, for the casual fans HBO is giddy

For the Texans, sure. For Watt, absolutely. For a Katrina anniversary? Yawn.

Saints also shipped off all their talent this offseason. At least they actually think they're tough and don't need their coach to squeak it to them.

Honestly, how the hell do you come from the Ratbirds and not know the first thing about toughness?

- "connections" with the Patriots

Don't forget Mallet's cocaine addiction

Top Bottom