• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Russell is clearly subtweeting Ciara. The good ol' Christian boy in him thought he could save her.

Simmer down Seahawks fans. They won't let him leave that place.

Greg

devil music
Its place in the narrative our of our new album is early on, telling the tale of the titular Pilgrim seeing the corruption and dismay that the rational thinking, logical future would bring.
And so, in a fit of religious madness, The Pilgrim dedicates his soul and vessel to God and decides to Exile himself from the world of Man in search of something more...
yeah, they might as well have called the track Hail Satan

#patsfans

_woLf

At this point I am convinced that Russell is one of the most passive aggressive people on the planet

I feel like I've said that before but it's more and more true every time I read his tweets

MechDX

Why would he? He can hear the appeal and just say LOL no per the CBA.

Goodell is the new evil emperor. Such power!
Commissioner Roger Goodell rejected NFLPA’s request to recuse himself from Tom Brady’s appeal. He has said he wants to look Brady in the eye-Twitter

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You've gone full Kas.

You never go full Kas.

Definition of going Kas: Correctly predicting the resurgence of the Detroit Lions as a Super Bowl contender, correctly predicting the emergence of Matthew Stafford as an elite QB going back to 2009 and various other obervations like Martin Mayhews brilliance as a GM, Suh being the best defensive player in the league, Darius Slay emerging as a legit #1 DB (more on that later) and the Lions as an 11-5 playoff team which was my prediction during the last offseason.

I'll hold that L for predicting that Nick Fairley would have a better 2014-2015 season than JJ Watt and jumping the gun wanting to draft Jaelan Strong in the first round during the draft.

Restore the Roar

Let them contend

Flacco will be busy winning it. Again.

Trl0X0I.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The Lions are a SB contender?

:kas

We are. The talent on our team from QB to the line backing core can hang with any team in the league. Whether our offense drops 30 points or our defense holds opponents to 17 PPG few teams match up with us on both sides of the ball.

FYI we were an 11-5 playoff team last year with historically bad FG kicking and a botched call away from moving into the 2nd round because of the Phantom PI call.

JABEE

We are. The talent on our team from QB to the line backing core can hang with any team in the league. Whether our offense drops 30 points or our defense holds opponents to 17 PPG few teams match up with us on both sides of the ball.

FYI we were an 11-5 playoff team last year with historically bad FG kicking and a botched call away from moving into the 2nd round because of the Phantom PI call.
No Suh anymore.

Stafford was bad for large stretches of the season.

Calvin Johnson is injured.

Godslay

Banned
No Suh anymore.

We could say that for a lot of teams.

Eagles included, and every Philly fan seems to think they are contenders. They have just as many, if not more questions. The main one being the most important of all.

In fairness.

Doomsayer

The Lions scored 30 points last season 3 times... against the teams with the 1st, 7th, and 9th picks in the draft. On the flip side, they were held at 20 or fewer points 10 times last season... 10!

#Elite

When I look at the Lions offseason I think 7-9 is the most likely scenario. Assuming that means that:

-Defense won't completely crumble but will take enough of a step back to lose close games we would have won last year
-Offense will continue to fail thanks to an inconsistent QB and an offensive coordinator who is in over his head
-Tough schedule

The optimistic view: we can win 10 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs, but ultimately GB owns this division.

-Defense will lose a step but we'll continue to stop the run with Ngata and a healthy Tulluch
-Secondary will be better after the freak injuries of 2014
-Another year in the offense should result in better play from Stafford
-Most important point: Improved O-line will give Stafford more time and improve the run game

As I said, I'm leaning toward 7 wins.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
No Suh anymore.

Added Pro Bowler Haloti Ngata, young stud Tyrunn Walker, and plenty of pieces through the draft. Teryl Austin is still our defensive coordinator.

Matthew Stafford brought us back and helped us win at least 4 games last year.

The roster is pretty much the same as last year with added improvements on the offensive line, secondary and running game.

As for our offense last year was a disappointment but that was mostly due to being under a new offensive scheme with Joe Lombardis offense.

cajunator

Banned
Added Pro Bowler Haloti Ngata, young stud Tyrunn Walker, and plenty of pieces through the draft. Teryl Austin is still our defensive coordinator.

Matthew Stafford brought us back and helped us win at least 4 games last year.

The roster is pretty much the same as last year with added improvements on the offensive line, secondary and running game.

As for our offense last year was a disappointment but that was mostly due to being under a new offensive scheme with Joe Lombardis offense.

It really boils down to the offense for me. Personally I just don't trust Stafford. But IF he can take that next step or simply return to 2011 status, the team will win games. When I look back at 2011...we didn't have a good run game due to Jahvid Best's injuries, however the way we used our TEs really felt like an effective alternative to the run game. Pettigrew got 777 yards and the other TE nearly had 400, largely from check downs and other short yardage plays. That opened up the deeper pass game, and we had three WRs who were able to exploit that.

Our run game has improved since 2011 yet Stafford has been less effective. If you watched him last year you saw how casually he ignored check downs and other easy short yardage throws. That's a problem. I think we'll have a competent run game this year at least. Pair that with effective usage of the TEs+good offensive line and we'll be able to open up the field for deeper throws.

....but this only works if Stafford hits his targets accurately. That's why I'm not confident, fellas.

JABEE

We could say that for a lot of teams.

Eagles included, and every Philly fan seems to think they are contenders. They have just as many, if not more questions. The main one being the most important of all.

In fairness.

Yeah. The Eagles QB situation is a huge question mark that holds them back from being a contender. Our secondary is also a big question mark.

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS 48m48 minutes ago
No 1 in 40-plus catches was DeSean Jackson with 13. Jordy Nelson was next best with 8

Yes, despite having a dysfunctional QB situation, DJax still was a big play machine last year.

Narag

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS 48m48 minutes ago
No 1 in 40-plus catches was DeSean Jackson with 13. Jordy Nelson was next best with 8

Yes, despite having a dysfunctional QB situation, DJax still was a big play machine last year.

It's good he could get out of Philly and succeed.

Top Bottom