• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

Arizona be beautiful, y'all!

Yes, Alinea is my dream restaurant as well. I got a signed Alinea cookbook by Achatz when I left my last job. One of my most prized possessions.

If you go to the grand canyon make sure you check out the north side. Less toursists and imo better views. You won't see the skywalk but you will see wildlife up close.

Fox318

We've gone to French Laundry once a year since 2010. Next trip is this November. Can't believe Godslay be dissin on FL in that thread.

IMG_0233.jpg

That said, I don't mind slumming in a Red Lobster on occasion for appetizers and cheese biscuits. Won't be able to even do that in a couple months if I can't find new employment soon. :(

I'd love to go there one of these days. Everything I have read about the place has been fantastic.

Spinluck

especially these seats:

lucasoil.jpg

Exactly what those cheapskates deserve.

It also doubles as a shitfest blocker. In case we ever get shat on at home. Tired of watching it? Sit in the shitfest seats!?

Not many stadiums are made with such foresight. Our field is also not made of shit like Soldier Field's.

I made a sandwich for Jonathan Ogden. Before they moved to their new facility, the Ravens practiced close to Eli's Deli, where a young BaltimoreLarry worked. Ogden ordered a tongue sandwich, and was the largest person I ever saw. His head was the size of a microwave.

Congratulations, Ogden. You are the first of many Hall of Fame Ravens.

bionic77

what the fuck? $1000+ for a meal? i can't imagine doing that even if i were a millionaire. i'm fine with my $20 outback steak!
Most I spend on a dinner was probably around 500 and that was a never again moment for me. And I should say that happened in England where our dollars have less value than a black man in Florida.

I remember spending too much money on food in NYC but there were so many great options that were tasty (all that matters to me) that I never really sweated not going to the steakhouses that were like $200/steak (back in the late 90s mind you).

The one thing I don't eat anymore is fast food (unless I am in the middle of nowhere with no food options, then I might get some fries from a mcdonands, which are everywhere). The only fast food I let myself eat is Panera and I am not sure that qualifies. I love their tuna sandwich though. Tastes like I made that shit at home. Comes in handy on the road.

I think they're booked 6 months in advanced. The meal itself takes like 4hrs?

They only take reservations booked out three months, but they're completely booked. So each day, one day in three months is open to book. It books immediately, so you have to call in the morning and hope you get through before they book. I only spoke to someone once, which is how I got this info. They said they usually fill that one day in 20 minutes. I got on the wait list. I've been on it for 9 months. At some point, they'll call. Maybe.

my brother and his wife, my sister and her husband and my wife and I all go out to dinner around Christmas (instead of buying gifts). we usually keep it to about $200/couple but two years ago we were $300+ at a fabulous steak place. can't imagine two people spending more than 1k on a meal.

ChanHuk

Banned
my brother and his wife, my sister and her husband and my wife and I all go out to dinner around Christmas (instead of buying gifts). we usually keep it to about $200/couple but two years ago we were $300+ at a fabulous steak place. can't imagine two people spending more than 1k on a meal.

Its $250 per person starting @ The French Laundry, there are additional things you can order if you're not a dirty poors.

EDIT: I lied, its $270 a head, supplemental wine pairing for another $250 a dunce.

Fantomex

Chris Carter's Speech was very touching.

Canton, Ohio
Chris Carter's Speech, 2013 Hall of Fame Recipient.

I would like to start off by thanking the city of Philadelphia, for drafting me in 1980 something. I did not grow up in an abusive environment, but thankfully Veteran stadium gave me the horrible upbringing I never got to experience as an urban youth. The 2 years I spent there will forever be knows as the dark ages to me. Once I made it out of that hell hole, it was rainbows and sunshine. Never have I been more relieved in my life, when in 2 years after being in Philadelphia I was courted by a franchise known for being losers, the pressure came right off once I knew I was headed to Minnesota. A town known for being the best at choking at just the right time. Choking was something I had grown accustomed to seeing in the stands at Veteran Stadium, so I was able to hit the ground running in Minnesota. Knowing the choke jobs Fran Tarkenton and the Purple people eaters had accustomed the city to, I was in heaven. I knew my job would be to pad my stats, just like Megatron and Stafford do at this very moment in Detroit. At the end of the season when we were kicked out in the first round, or didn't make the playoffs in Minny, I could always pull out my current Upper Deck Football Card with my likeness on it, flip it over and show these Minnesotans my stats. Too bad if we didn't win anything, I sure as hell did my job. And I would also like to thank Keyshawn, T.O. and Ochocinco. For making me look like an angel in my day compared to the bullcrap they do. I also played a year in Miami. But I'd rather forget that time.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Madden Topic talking bout DOTA (shocking!)
NFL Topic talking about Restaurant prices.
Hall of Fame enshrinement on with no mention.

Should I be worried that I'm not surprised at this in the slightest?

Hey, a mention!

Lets start an NFL Topic Fantomex!

Fantomex

Madden Topic talking bout DOTA (shocking!)
NFL Topic talking about Restaurant prices.
Hall of Fame enshrinement on with no mention.

Should I be worried that I'm not surprised at this in the slightest?

Hey, a mention!

Lets start an NFL Topic Fantomex!
Lets do this!

Godslay

Banned
Larry Allen on first date with his wife: "She cooked me two chickens, french fries. Baked me a cake. And gave me a 40-ounce."

gol15.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom