• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

rams beat him once, not twice. and as i said before, i'd rather lose to flacco than the matt ryan. flacco has won multiple playoff games prior to this last year. matt ryan acknowledged it would basically take a matchup against the worst playoff team in the modern era NFL for him to secure his first (and likely only) playoff win and by god he got it with the seahawks. he lucked out in that regard! even a kirk cousins-led redskins team would've put up more of a fight

Matt Ryan only won his first playoff game because the stars aligned for him. Play that game 9 more times and the Seahawks win all 9. It took the entire team not showing up for 3 quarters, the defense having its worst game of the year, AND Pete having his worst coaching game of the year for them to win on a last-second field goal.

But that's how the NFL goes! At least we didn't have the self-proclaimed best team and coach in the league and lose to a guy with a unibrow with a defense that is 90 years old on average.

Matt Ryan only won his first playoff game because the stars aligned for him. Play that game 9 more times and the Seahawks win all 9. It took the entire team not showing up for 3 quarters, the defense having its worst game of the year, AND Pete having his worst coaching game of the year for them to win on a last-second field goal.

But that's how the NFL goes! At least we didn't have the self-proclaimed best team and coach in the league and lose to a guy with a unibrow with a defense that is 90 years old on average.

it's not only the self proclaimed, most of the league agrees. the seachickens are the little sister of the division. you will never be division champs as long as harbs is around. the good news for you is that after harbs wins the next 10 straight superbowls he may retire because there is nothing else to accomplish. then in the off chance we hire another singletary-style coach then maybe cheatin' pete or whatever bum off the street you've hired can get you to 7-9 for your customary division title

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
frenchmovietheme said:
I like how they gave the seachickens a couple spots on the oline for no reason. Guess you can't have 5 niners there!
"a couple"...

OFFENSE
Quarterback: Colin Kaepernick
Running back: Marshawn Lynch
Wide receivers: Larry Fitzgerald, Percy Harvin, Michael Crabtree
Tight end: Vernon Davis
Offensive tackles: Joe Staley, Russell Okung
Guards: Mike Iupati, James Carpenter
Center: Max Unger

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I just got back from the local CFL game!

The Lions of BC defeated the Argonauts of Toronto by a score of 24-16. The numbers flatter the Argos, who were never really close in this contest until the final 2 minutes. BC quarterback Nicholas Brody completed 20 passes for 249 yards total. I ate a delicious burger and fries, and washed it down with a tasty 7-up made all the yummier with our team's defeat of last year's Grey Cup champions.

CFL football fever - CATCH IT!

Screw you man. :(

eznark

Banned
Claiming the Seahawks didn't "put up a fight" in the playoff game against the Falcons is the most mind numbingly idiotic thing FMT has ever said. And that is a fucking achievement.

I honestly never thought the day after buying The Last of Us I would spend about 45 minutes on single player, and 5+ hours on the multiplayer. I love good online shooters/online games from Counter Strike, to Battlefield, to Halo, to Madden to Gears of War but this game strikes me as one thats going to be very popular with a large hardcore online following.

Don't get me wrong the single player has been amazing so far, but the MP has kept me distracted. I 'll finish it sometime this weekend.
The same thing happened to me when I first started playing the game. I had no intention of even playing MP but it really surprised me with how tactical and fun it was so I ended up playing a lot more of that than the campaign for the first week or so. Trust me though, once you get into that campaign you will have to see what happens next.

Overall it's just an incredibly impressive package. Naughty Dog knocked this one out of the park.

The same thing happened to me when I first started playing the game. I had no intention of even playing MP but it really surprised me with how tactical and fun it was so I ended up playing a lot more of that than the campaign for the first week or so. Trust me though, once you get into that campaign you will have to see what happens next.

Overall it's just an incredibly impressive package. Naughty Dog knocked this one out of the park.
I love the mp but my god the matchmaking is so broken. When you have a team of level 4's getting matched up against teams of 50's it is no fun at all. I hope they patch it soon because I love everything else about it.

RBH

there was a shooting in a city of like 5 million people? My god Philly is so crazy. I have no doubt the citizens of all the other big cities declared a cease fire today in honor of the 4th.

Yeah dude, I forgot about having to watch out for bullets while I'm watching some fireworks. My bad.

brentech

I love the mp but my god the matchmaking is so broken. When you have a team of level 4's getting matched up against teams of 50's it is no fun at all. I hope they patch it soon because I love everything else about it.
While I've already played more MP in TLoU than I did with any uncharted, I don't think ND ever had great matchmaking. I have my doubts.

eznark

Banned
The only good Naughty Dog multiplayer was the Uncharted 2 beta multiplayer. That was fucking amazing. Then they ruined it and took those shitty decisions into UC3.

I might buy last of us for the multiplayer though if its as good as people claim. I am skeptical.

Yeah, it seems like there is no system in place that even considers level which is obviously pretty stupid. There are also some issues with the clan stuff like how badly it can affect you if you join a match late or get disconnected from a match. The game could use a patch or two, for sure.

The only good Naughty Dog multiplayer was the Uncharted 2 beta multiplayer. That was fucking amazing. Then they ruined it and took those shitty decisions into UC3.

I might buy last of us for the multiplayer though if its as good as people claim. I am skeptical.
It's fairly barebones but the core is solid so it's quite addictive. I never got into Uncharted MP but I'm loving it in TLoU because of the slow pace, the resource gathering/crafting, and the teamwork involved. Still, my guess is if you get the game you'll come around on the campaign. I just have a feeling!

Yeah, it seems like there is no system in place that even considers level which is obviously pretty stupid. There are also some issues with the clan stuff like how badly it can affect you if you join a match late or get disconnected from a match. The game could use a patch or two, for sure.
If they are going to make higher level weapons and perks be unlocks then they need to have some system in place to consider level. I didn't have a single survivor in my camp het sick until I got put on a low level team against a super high level team.

RBH

j1dgwltR84LJ2.jpeg

eznark

Banned
Why does it say Sir-Picks-A-Lot. Is there any context to it or is ESPN just that far beyond giving a fuck about anything it does anymore?

I almost would have preferred working yesterday and having off today. Work is dragging. I might just say fuck it and take a half day.

bionic77

I almost would have preferred working yesterday and having off today. Work is dragging. I might just say fuck it and take a half day.
I thought everyone got the 4th and 5th off this year?

I would always rather be at work. Work is so much easier than being at home. I would do that shit for free to get out of the house and yet I get paid for it!

eznark

Banned

I would always rather be at work. Work is so much easier than being at home. I would do that shit for free to get out of the house and yet I get paid for it!

You're the saddest man I know.

Nope, just yesterday for me.

I'm leaving at 2pm though. There's just nothing productive to be done at the moment.

Lunchbox

Banned

it's garbage

slow clunky controls in small maps with 4v4 and a limited arsenal masked as "realistic, weighty and visceral !!"

uncharted is much better. single players cool

brentech

it's garbage

slow clunky controls in small maps with 4v4 and a limited arsenal masked as "realistic, weighty and visceral !!"

uncharted is much better. single players cool
What exactly is clunky about it, or for that matter, even slow?
Is it because you can't run/jump and shoot at same time, or the lack of annoying bunny hoppers dodging bullets?

Expand please. (ie, do you think Halo is a masterpiece?)

Only if you have twins and have no moms nearby to help out. One kid isn't bad.

I complain but really I am happy. Wouldn't trade it or them for anything. But damn is it tiring...
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting you have twins! I'm just messin' anyway, I know it's going to be super tiring at times. Our first is on the way but I don't know if/when we'll have more. I'd like to have at least one more in the next few years but we'll see how kid number one goes first.

Fantomex

I have the full game and I'm a few hours in. The story makes no sense but the animations are cool. The game is incredibly easy so far but I like seeing the various characters

Yeah I was like RYU!!! I do like the combos you can do. It's a very hybrid game.

Also Bionic, shouldn't Kobe be taking a pay cut at this time in his career to get more rings?

Lunchbox

Banned
What exactly is clunky about it, or for that matter, even slow?
Is it because you can't run/jump and shoot at same time, or the lack of annoying bunny hoppers dodging bullets?

Expand please. (ie, do you think Halo is a masterpiece?)
of course sitting in a corner of a room with crafted nailbombs around you with silenced guns while bring in listening mode in a 5 min long round of waiting for the other cunt you are in a 1v1 is fun to you. you live in Wisconsin

we didn't lose a single match in that trashy multiplayer in 3 days because how easy it is to break the game. then lost when we ran into a party abusing the same broken aspects. and arguing your guy can't aim straight in close quarter fights cause it's story, art, he's a pussy works in single player when I'm babysitting 12 year old Ellen page but not online when I'm shooting at other dudes. but most of the time they miss and run out of the 3 bullets they start out with anyways because I'm a level 20 and know how to buy armor and run which makes their BB guns useless while I run at them and hit square to beat them with scissor taped bat

so much skill

eznark

Banned
Btw did you get that tennis game from gmg? I'm going to have to hook you up with a game at some point for the wonderful dlc quest. Wasn't too long but it was pretty awesome and one of the funnier games around

Smokey grabbed it for me. You owe me nothing friend! Glad you like the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom