• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never promised her 1800 yards or to be the greatest offense in NFL history after just winning 4 games the season before.

you just don't get it do you? stafford has thrown for FIVE THOUSAND YARDS once and almost did it again last year!

nevermind that:

1. he had the most attempts in the league
2. he completed under 60% of his passes which is a joke if you want to be considered top 10
3. he was 26th in the league in yards per attempt
4. he was the 25th in the league in QB rating
5. he is 1-23 against teams with a winning record

but yeah stafford is definitely a top 10 qb. for sure

you just don't get it do you? stafford has thrown for FIVE THOUSAND YARDS once and almost did it again last year!

nevermind that:

1. he had the most attempts in the league
2. he completed under 60% of his passes which is a joke if you want to be considered top 10
3. he was 26th in the league in yards per attempt
4. he was the 25th in the league in QB rating
5. he is 1-23 against teams with a winning record

but yeah stafford is definitely a top 10 qb. for sure

This is such an awesome post. Don't forget that he won less games than Bradford last year and had a worse TD to Int ratio!

cdyhybrid

#yolo

g98na.jpg

:jnc

Man, it must be the offseason, because the Lions are winning.

This.

Wake me up when Stafford starts winning games. I don't want to hear about the garbage yards Stafford got while we were down 21 points with seven minutes to go. That's like bragging about making it to third base with a drunk girl who passed out. It makes you a loser, and a criminal. If Stafford doesn't get better when it counts (ie when the game is on the line) he should be charged with wasting valuable years of Megatron's life. That's a felony in my book.

I'm cautiously optimistic because with Bush, the offense SHOULD be able to replicate the potency that Jahvid Best provided in the first half of 2011. I'm still concerned that our other WR options boil down to a vet coming off a broken leg, and a second year guy with two fucked up ACLs. If this season becomes a repeat of "chuck it up to Megatron" we're fucked.

MechDX

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...worthy-hefty-contract-extension-detroit-lions

Ashley Fox is kas!!

Remember 2008? The losing. The embarrassment. The shame.
That was the Detroit Lions. They were the worst team in the National Football League. Ever. A joke. They embodied futility. They didn't win a game. It was painful and wretched and sad to see men broken. That season cost plenty of good people their jobs.
And it led Matthew Stafford to his.
After the Lions this week extended Stafford's rookie contract to 2017 and gave the 25-year-old $41.5 million in guaranteed money, former longtime quarterback Donovan McNabb said Stafford didn't deserve the money.
"Is he worth top-five money? I would have to say 'No,'" McNabb said on NFL Network. "And I say that because it's about wins and losses. And what has he really done for the Detroit Lions? Nothing."

Stafford has done nothing except lead the Lions out of the morass of 2008. Nothing except make one of the oldest franchises in the league relevant -- not to mention interesting -- again. Nothing except lead Detroit to the playoffs in 2011 for the first time since 1999.

Stafford has done nothing except throw for more than 10,000 total yards the past two seasons -- more than any other quarterback except Tom Brady and Drew Brees -- while the Lions have continued to rebuild from 2008. Stafford has averaged more passing yards per game during his first four seasons than anyone except Kurt Warner with the St. Louis Rams (1998-2001), according to ESPN Stats & Information.

All I've been doing so far in Animal Crossing is shake the fuck out of trees and get stung by bees. I wrote a letter to Bruce for being a decent neighbor, but Phyllis in the post office is kind of a bitch. No nightlife in this town!

RBH

All I've been doing so far in Animal Crossing is shake the fuck out of trees and get stung by bees. I wrote a letter to Bruce for being a decent neighbor, but Phyllis in the post office is kind of a bitch. No nightlife in this town!
Are you actually talking about Animal Crossing or Wisconsin?

Fantomex

I start tomorrow at OCM, when you your parasite wants to come out, go straight to the ER. I will wheel chair your wife and parasite L&D. Valet parking is free provided by poors like snesfreak.

Awesome. I'll be sure to give you a positive review on Yelp.

Fantomex

It does when you open Club LOL and when you go make 800K an hour on the Island and collect beetles you degenerate.

tumblr_mp2zqs6vqn1s8ouhxo1_400.gif

It really sucks when you sit down to play a game and wake up 2 hours later with the controller still in your hand. I literally wandered into a cave in Skyrim once well after I had fallen asleep.

Well can't say that happened to me before. I was just watching TV.

Especially if you wear contacts.

I have contacts, so it always feels like death when you wake up and still have them in.

GRONK GRONK!

You turn up at a community-service event involving the Dolphins, you never know what you might learn. This week, safety Reshad Jones and linebacker Philip Wheeler took a few needy families shopping at a Publix in Plantation, presenting them each with $250 gift cards for groceries.

First thing Wheeler sought when he stepped inside the store?

“I’ve got to find a ride,” he said, grabbing one of those electric riding shopping carts.

Turns out that yes, this is standard operating procedure for the aptly named Wheeler whenever he visits the joint Where Shopping Is Supposed to be a Pleasure.
(A good way, we assume, to preserve one’s legs for the pursuit of quarterbacks.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom