• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
lol:

sadanduseless.com/2014/02/faces-of-olympic-figure-skating/

KGcNxMdl.jpg

l41jYVtl.jpg

While we're on draft, who's everyone's favorite running backs. I'm trying to watch high lights of guys, see who I think might fit the browns.

As of now of course I like Hyde, and I've been watching some Andre Williams.

I've only been looking at late rounders. I really like Taliaferro he was without a doubt the best blocker at the senior bowl and has good size at 6'2 230.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
When I lived on the south coast of Massachusetts about 10 years ago, I couldn't get decent Mexican to save my life. I'm not kidding when I say Taco Bell was it.

About 100 different variations of Italian food and sub/pizza shops though.

Edit: True confession, Hawaiian Pizza isn't disgusting as far as food goes. It's just the worst kind of pizza I could eat. Well veggie lovers might be worse...or whatever bucket calls pizza.

Bread

Banned
When I lived on the south coast of Massachusetts about 10 years ago, I couldn't get decent Mexican to save my life. I'm not kidding when I say Taco Bell was it.

i've only had good mexican from one place in MA, and it was in the metrowest area. there's literally nothing else around. thank god for the sub shops.

squicken

While we're on draft, who's everyone's favorite running backs. I'm trying to watch high lights of guys, see who I think might fit the browns.

As of now of course I like Hyde, and I've been watching some Andre Williams.

It's tough with so many spread RBs. Hard to project how they will handle pass pro or run against more than a 6 man front. Williams for now but I can't say I have seen much of most of the top guys

Edit: True confession, Hawaiian Pizza isn't disgusting as far as food goes. It's just the worst kind of pizza I could eat. Well veggie lovers might be worse...or whatever bucket calls pizza.

Some foods you just cant get good quality in some locations. Like getting good seafood in Nebraska or somewhere.

I had real pizza this week to wash that hippie pizza out of my mouth.

Bread

Banned
True confession, Hawaiian Pizza isn't disgusting as far as food goes. It's just the worst kind of pizza I could eat. Well veggie lovers might be worse...or whatever bucket calls pizza.
hawaiian pizza is a mockery of me and every other self respecting pizza lover.

it is the gata of pizzas.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Some Lions news because I know all of you people are so eager:

Hall of Fame CB Rod Woodson mentoring Lions' Darius Slay through growing pains

14261952-mmmain.jpg

Darius Slay began his rookie season as a starting cornerback. He ended it with some wondering whether he was the Detroit Lions' latest second-round bust.

New defensive coordinator Teryl Austin is not one of those people. Nor is Hall of Fame cornerback Rod Woodson, who has become Slay's personal mentor over the past year.
Cornerback Rod Woodson, shown returning an interception during a 1999 game for Baltimore, finished with more picks than all but two players in NFL history. Now the 17-year veteran -- and Hall of Famer -- is mentoring young Lions cornerback Darius Slay

Both men suggested Slay is talented enough that he could become a force by Year 3 with the right coaching.

Woodson has developed a mentorship role with Slay over the past year, and intends to help the young Lions corner maneuver through the growing pains that are inevitable his first couple years in the league.

That includes hosting Slay for several days at his Pleasanton, Calif., home sometime before training camp this offseason. They will work out at a field near Woodson's home, although the bulk of Slay's training will be spent dissecting film and talking Xs and Os with one of the best corners ever to play the game.

This won't be the first time Woodson has hosted Slay, either.

The cornerbacks' relationship began last winter through Eugene Parker, a longtime friend of Woodson who also is Slay's agent. They spoke on the phone before the 2013 combine, which isn't unusual for Woodson. He's consulted with several young cornerbacks through the years

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/02/hall_of_famer_rod_woodson_ment.html

Darius Slay, our second round DB pick from last year, is going to be a great player in this league. I knew it when I saw him stay step by step with Brandon Marshall last year, and Jay Cutler just happened to throw the ball inches from Slays arm which would've deflected the pass. He's got all the physical abilities and strong mentors from a Rod Woodson and Martin Mayhew (our current GM former NFL DB). Darius Slay at the very least will be a solid #1, #2 DB. I don't know if he'll reach Richard Sherman or Revis levels, but he is a very talented defensive back with great instincts.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/02/hall_of_famer_rod_woodson_ment.html

Detroit Lions' Joe Lombardi showcased creativity through game planning in New Orleans

14262615-large.jpg

In the weeks following the Detroit Lions' hiring of Joe Lombardi to be the team's offensive coordinator, New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees praised his former position coach's creativity.

"It was a collaborative effort in New Orleans," Lombardi said. "If you had a good idea, it made it on to the call sheet. I was very heavily involved in that from Monday through Sunday just saying, 'How are we going to attack this defense? How are we going to come up with the 65 to 75 plays that we're going to run on Sunday that are going to give our team the best chance to win?'"

Under Lombardi's guidance, Brees had four of his five best quarterback ratings while leading the league in completion percentage and passing touchdowns three times.

How ironic is it going to be when Vince Lombardi's grandson helps lead us to a Superbowl victory next season?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It's tough with so many spread RBs. Hard to project how they will handle pass pro or run against more than a 6 man front. Williams for now but I can't say I have seen much of most of the top guys

Squick, as of right now who is your favorite speed back i.e. Reggie Bush, Jahvid Best, CJ Spiller etc?

I could care less about blocking, I want us to get another RB in the third round or so who is a solid pass catcher and can work off of screens and break a play for a 70 yard TD.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm gonna get some tacos for dinner. That's right fuckers, tacos.

But you're a heathen who doesn't like Mexican food. What kind of Tacos? Are we talking about Josh Freeman Americanized Tacos or real Mexicano Tacos?

Your previous statements about Mexican food make me question your taste in food Mr. Bucs Fan.

" According to our tipster, though, word at the Revel early Saturday morning was that a woman—presumably the fiancée—had spit on Rice and that in retaliation, he uppercut her, knocking her completely unconscious."

Ray Rice learned from the best; Ray Lewis.

MRSA

Banned
But you're a heathen who doesn't like Mexican food. What kind of Tacos? Are we talking about Josh Freeman Americanized Tacos or real Mexicano Tacos?

Your previous statements about Mexican food make me question your taste in food Mr. Bucs Fan.

you confuse me

I think most Mexican food sucks, tacos and dark mole are pretty good though. Everything else sucks; tamales, enchiladas, pozole, armadillo, and whatever else they eat.

EDIT: The Mexican hole in the wall taco shops where nobody speaks English and in the hood.

MRSA

Banned
shut up

a california burrito shouldn't have much besides fries and meat, tell your friend to go to a better place.

I tell you what friend, when you come around to California again, I will buy you a California burrito. Or I can overnight mail you a California burrito to whatever degenerative place you live in.

Bread

Banned
I tell you what friend, when you come around to California again, I will buy you a California burrito. Or I can overnight mail you a California burrito to whatever degenerative place you live in.
We will be the best of friends when I return to your land

I think most Mexican food sucks, tacos and dark mole are pretty good though. Everything else sucks; tamales, enchiladas, pozole, armadillo, and whatever else they eat.

EDIT: The Mexican hole in the wall taco shops where nobody speaks English and in the hood.
:jnc This Guy!!!

Talking non sense in here. The hood.

bigosc2k

Banned

So are you eating all these foods from that hole in the wall? because that might be your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom