• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
Vikings gave Freeman 3 million this year?

Thats a lot of Taco Bell!

Marquis Lee in the 1st? VETO!

I will lol in your steeler faces, the ones talking OT is a wasted pick if you accept Lee as a not wasted pick.

effzee

I definitely disagree that Lane was a great pick. He was terrible this year in pass blocking and okay as a run blocker. I would rather have the lower upside but more solid guy then the high upside but bigger chance of busting. I also think WR is a bigger need then LB. They have DJax and that is it. Riley sucks, and is a FA, Maclin is coming off a major injury and also a FA, and Avant is probably the worst WR in the NFL. They dont have to address WR inthe 1st but I really hope that they address it in both FA and the draft. My #1 wish is for a S in the 1st round.

Dude I know you were against the Lane pick from the beginning but you need to step back and realize that just because he started off slow doesn't mean he wasn't the right pick.

First we have to realize there was no greater move available. They couldn't draft down and get someone they valued over him. 2ndly he did solidify the line if only because he allowed Todd Herremans to move back to G, his natural position.

Who is playing RG for us if we don't take Lane and then Herremans is playing RT? The Eagles OLINE overall graded out really well and part of the reason is because they picked up their RT and future LT, moved Todd back in, and then had all 5 guys start the whole season together. Keep in mind Peters was a question mark coming off of two consecutive tears of the same Achilles. There was no guarantee he would be the same guy. Thankfully he was but if he couldn't go, our starting LT would have been Lane Johnson and I don't even know who if we didn't draft him.

A lot of Foles's sacks late in the season were no fault of the OLINE. He held onto the ball forever. Whether its because we need more play makers at WR or not, you can't fault the line for every sack Foles took. Same way with McCoy who likes to cut back on nearly every run to the point Chip had to yell at him a few times throughout the season to follow the blocks.

And if you don't think they need to address WR in the first round, they absolutely don't need to, what does it matter if the take the best OLB available at 22?

I think most Eagles fans will agree the biggest positions of need are S and then OLB/DE. If at 22 you find Barr still available that's a steal unless a S they have graded higher is still on the board.

WR can be solved by resigning Maclin (I just believe he will come back 100%) to offer more speed and space and then picking up a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round from a draft class which most analysts are claiming is very deep at that position. Again I don't know the college football game too well but only way I see the Eagles taking a WR at 22 is if some WR who is an obviously top 10 talent drops all the way down and could be an amazing can't miss pick up for Chip and the offense.

Eagles sign TJ Ward and Bryd then draft a tall WR.

All indications from Roseman are that they won't be making splashes in FA. They liked the moves and pick ups they had last season where they knew what they wanted and went after 2nd tier guys to fill needs while using the draft to take the BPA.

Seems like they won't make a run at Byrd who likely will command the highest paid safety in the league salary.

Use your handbrake as a replacement to the regular brake, sudden steering to avoid getting stuck in the snow, after a traffic light accelerate as fast as possible, high revs and low gears + smoking tires are the best because you melt the snow under the tires that way.

Don't do any of this please

WR can be solved by resigning Maclin (I just believe he will come back 100%) to offer more speed and space and then picking up a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round from a draft class which most analysts are claiming is very deep at that position. Again I don't know the college football game too well but only way I see the Eagles taking a WR at 22 is if some WR who is an obviously top 10 talent drops all the way down and could be an amazing can't miss pick up for Chip and the offense.

I pray the Eagles dont think re-signing Maclin fixes the WR problems. Eagles scored a ton of points last year but the offense struggled in the RZ. If they had a legit #2 WR they would be almost unstoppable. Teams have to use a safety to help out on DJax, and then they also need to cheat a safety up to help against the run. Cooper would get open because teams would just single him all year. Eagles need someone that team actually have to worry about in that spot. I loved Maclin but no way can you trust him next year, even if he is healthy there is no way to know how his speed will be affected by a torn ACL.

I also hope that Howie is just throwing out a smoke screen in regards to FA. They need 2 safeties for sure, no way can they go with either Nate or Chung as starters. Get a guy in the draft and sign either Ward or Bryd. The safeties killed the defense last year, cant let that happen again.

cajunator

Banned
Use your handbrake as a replacement to the regular brake, sudden steering to avoid getting stuck in the snow, after a traffic light accelerate as fast as possible, high revs and low gears + smoking tires are the best because you melt the snow under the tires that way.

Don't do any of this please

Im leaving an hour early so I can take my time.

DMczaf

That TMNT thread has me dying. People questioning the realism of having teenage MUTANT TURTLES being buff as fuck.

"Guys, they are teenagers. WTF Michael Bay!!!111111 My childhood11111!"

That TMNT thread has me dying. People questioning the realism of having teenage MUTANT TURTLES being buff as fuck.

ik2d3GrO8SnJp.gif

Oh GAF...

Tennessee Titans @TennesseeTitans · 8m

The #Titans have hired Mike Sullivan as assistant offensive line coach.

That's a helluva fall for Sullivan. From QB coach with the Giants, to offensive coordinator with the Bucs to an ASSISTANT line coach. Ouch.

jakncoke

Banned

lol nechbeards insecurities "THE TURTLES GOT TO HAVE A BEARD AND NO MUSCLE AND FAT LIKE US"

cajunator

Banned
Ok that was legit frightening but I didnt slide. Kept speed about 30 and lightly tapped brakes ahead of time. Saw a few cars slide off the road but hardly anyones out in it.

cajunator

Banned
This is just the weirdest weather I have ever seen in Southern Louisiana. We dont have a lot of experience with this. We also dont have much road salt because we send it up to northern states.

Ok that was legit frightening but I didnt slide. Kept speed about 30 and lightly tapped brakes ahead of time. Saw a few cars slide off the road but hardly anyones out in it.

Be safe buddy!

Also, find a nice round-about and drift around it in the snow if you have a rear wheel drive care.

cajunator

Banned
Be safe buddy!

Also, find a nice round-about and drift around it in the snow if you have a rear wheel drive care.

Not enough snow. We got like half an inch and the rest sleet. Alexandria an hour north got 8 inches and over a foot total. Opelousas ten minutes north got half a foot. This is so rare.

effzee

I pray the Eagles dont think re-signing Maclin fixes the WR problems. Eagles scored a ton of points last year but the offense struggled in the RZ. If they had a legit #2 WR they would be almost unstoppable. Teams have to use a safety to help out on DJax, and then they also need to cheat a safety up to help against the run. Cooper would get open because teams would just single him all year. Eagles need someone that team actually have to worry about in that spot. I loved Maclin but no way can you trust him next year, even if he is healthy there is no way to know how his speed will be affected by a torn ACL.

I also hope that Howie is just throwing out a smoke screen in regards to FA. They need 2 safeties for sure, no way can they go with either Nate or Chung as starters. Get a guy in the draft and sign either Ward or Bryd. The safeties killed the defense last year, cant let that happen again.

I'll gladly sacrifice a tall big WR if it means getting two safeties (draft and or FA) and playmakers at LB, especially OLB.

Offense was great even without Maclin. Maclin will be an upgrade over Cooper if he walks. Sure redzone problems still but they can again draft someone in the later rounds who fills that role more. It would also help if instead of 3WR, they ran more 2TE sets and ran the ball more in the redzone.

I also expect the offense to just be better overall with a full year under Chip's belt, Foles first full year as a starter, and rookies like Ertz and Lane Johnson playing better.

As I have said before, movie-gaf is possibly the most annoying group on gaf. Every project announced is a "train-wreck", going to "bomb!", and "they raped my childhood!!!". Every decision sucks, every director sucks, every casting decision is terrible and oh here let me tell what would totally work bro.

They suck the fun out of every movie project. My favorite is if a really well known renowned director wants to do a comic book movie the same group will be all "OH MAN WHY HE SHOULD BE DOING HIS ORIGINAL WORK THIS IS A WASTE OF HIS TALENTS!"...but then if no name or mediocre directors get the gig its "omg what a terrible choice this project is sure to fail because this director sucks!"

For what's it worth based off those action figures, the new Turtles design looks really good.

Narag

You'd be surprised how many people go off the road in the areas that should be accustomed to this weather.

cajunator

Banned
You'd be surprised how many people go off the road in the areas that should be accustomed to this weather.

Louisiana mines a lot of salt from marsh salt domes and ships it up north to the rust belt. We normally dont need it but now theres a shortage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom