• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...When does GAF do a mock? Do we come up with a board as well with our own scouting based on what we see at the combine and youtube videos? I always wondered what it was like to be Jerry Jones, and now I get to live it.

Cashman and I have a lot work ahead of us.

We do the yearly mock about 2 weeks before the draft.

I want to do another mock though. A team mock - groups of 3-5 try to get as many of the 32 right as possible, closest wins.

squicken

We do the yearly mock about 2 weeks before the draft.

I want to do another mock though. A team mock - groups of 3-5 try to get as many of the 32 right as possible, closest wins.

But the Rams are almost certainly trading the 2nd pick. It will throw everything off immediately. I think, if going for accuracy, it's best to try and pick which players will be top 5, top 10, top 15 etc

Reading our mock from last year I'd say NFL-GAF did better than the league did haha

But the Rams are almost certainly trading the 2nd pick. It will throw everything off immediately. I think, if going for accuracy, it's best to try and pick which players will be top 5, top 10, top 15 etc

Reading our mock from last year I'd say NFL-GAF did better than the league did haha

Nothing that can be done about it, unless we do a full 7 round mock with trades. Considering we barely get through the first round that's not plausible with the main mock.

The team mock may be a different case though - since you'd only be accountable to your team, you can do what you see fit to build the best 1st round possible, even if that includes trades.

jakncoke

Banned

again. lil fuckers always ruining shit!

I also got mine from Amazon and it's supposed to come today... Am I in for a rude surprise?

You mean like, you go to open it and it's a dick in a box? xD

Nah, I'm not too upset. I got my promotional credit back and I played the demo like 30 minutes so I can actually mess around with that more here. Something about getting 20 villagers too? whatever that means.

Nah, I'm not too upset. I got my promotional credit back and I played the demo like 30 minutes so I can actually mess around with that more here. Something about getting 20 villagers too? whatever that means.
:jnc

Did you order the game awhile ago? Not sure why mine should be here today but not yours.

Draxal

There's a minigame where you rebuild the town that gets destroyed in the opening scene, if you streetpassed people with the demo, you'd get a villager each time and up to 20 can transfer.

It just speeds up building the village, but it's nothing importantly critical.

Oh, my FC is 4639-8957-5471

jakncoke

Banned
I think I got the last copy from GameStop. Nintendo sure makes these games hard to find.

Bravely_Default_US_Art.jpg

With a box cover like this, how many copies could possibly sell

Draxal

Gaf's been rather ban happy, I went into the NBA wants to be as popular as the NFL topic in OT, and I saw 3 grey names already.

And yeah, Bionic got banned for doing the Dave Chapelle Black People Fried Chicken joke, in the Californina Fried Chicken/Watermelon school thread.

cajunator

Banned
Gaf's been rather ban happy, I went into the NBA wants to be as popular as the NFL topic in OT, and I saw 3 grey names already.

And yeah, Bionic got banned for doing the Dave Chapelle Black People Fried Chicken joke, in the Californina Fried Chicken/Watermelon school thread.

This thread sounds hilarious. I wont post in it but I need a link.

cajunator

Banned
man I wish we had awesome fried chicken and stuffl ike that it school. It was usually spaghetti or some lame shit. Or meatloaf. I can put down a lot of fried chicken.
Now Im hungry for some from Rouses.

Yeah we need to compile 3DS FC's for BD action. Mine is 2552-1163-9024

Maybe we should all start plugging our 3DS FC and PS4/XBO usernames into our GAF profiles so we can easily grab it from anyone we want to add.

As for GAF Mock Draft, this time I will be present for my turn! I thought I could trust Squicken to stick with what I said repeatedly, that we'd go guard but nope. Granted, I was thinking Warmack but still, I was extremely close and you fools went with a QB I think :|

:jnc

Did you order the game awhile ago? Not sure why mine should be here today but not yours.

Yeah ordered mine like first week of December. It's because of Amazon's stupid "we don't have a release date yet" thing, when it finally gave one, you need to manually switch it to release date shipping which I shouldn't need to do, but whatever. just got a couple more days to wait.

MechDX

Went to Gamestop to pick up my reserve for the Lego Movie: The Game and they tried to tell me they had already ran out of the free mini fig you got for pre ordering. Told the guy that was unacceptable and I needed the mini fig as it was promised to my son for his birthday. Had to go another store to get fig but I got it and an extra Lego harry Potter mini-fig!

MechDX- 1
Gamestop- 0

The factory of sadness.

Ouch, I just saw this. haha. Nah, it's not just me, tons of people in the topic for it, and on CAG as well.

There's a minigame where you rebuild the town that gets destroyed in the opening scene, if you streetpassed people with the demo, you'd get a villager each time and up to 20 can transfer.

It just speeds up building the village, but it's nothing importantly critical.

Oh, my FC is 4639-8957-5471

Cool, thanks! Adding you as well.

Yeah we need to compile 3DS FC's for BD action. Mine is 2552-1163-9024

Maybe we should all start plugging our 3DS FC and PS4/XBO usernames into our GAF profiles so we can easily grab it from anyone we want to add.

Let's just start a rolling list again and then Deacon can throw it into the OP or something. 3DS FC/NNID/XBL/PSN/Twitter?

JABEE

We all know the real reason Bionic got it.

Rest in Peace, Bionic. MasterShake knew the right way to go. He never let them get him. He didn't give the Gata a chance to turn him in. It isn't safe out there.

Colasante

I won't disagree that the Dolphins are a joke organization by and large, but I don't think Philbin is entirely out of line here. Tannehill has a lot of excuses- lack of reliable pass catchers, no running threat, and a horrible offense live- but I don't think it's a bad idea to potentially turn to Matt Moore if Tannehill can't get it together. Seattle is praised for its encouragement of competition at every position, but the idea that Tannehill should hold onto his starting spot no matter what is somehow laughable?

squicken

Billy Devaney thinks Decker is a system WR who is a creation of Peyton. Devaney is the worst evaluator or WR talent in the history of football. Decker's agent should start with that take as a lead in all his negotiations

squicken

I won't disagree that the Dolphins are a joke organization by and large, but I don't think Philbin is entirely out of line here. Tannehill has a lot of excuses- lack of reliable pass catchers, no running threat, and a horrible offense live- but I don't think it's a bad idea to potentially turn to Matt Moore if Tannehill can't get it together. Seattle is praised for its encouragement of competition at every position, but the idea that Tannehill should hold onto his starting spot no matter what is somehow laughable?

Philbin is a coach with an offensive line background who has had the worst offensive line in the NFL two years in a row. Where's the competition for competent head coaching? Competent offensive line coaching? Competent General Management? Competent ownership? Competent offensive game planning?

The players are way down the list of MIA's problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom