• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
Wrong thread.... but god dang. Crazy.

Yeah, it's great times. It'll be fun to see how off-the-rails the offseason podcasts will get.

"at least 6 weeks" mfw, pretty sure he aint playing for months lol . stroke and got a small hole in his hear wallt?

squicken

Actually I think it's sort of the opposite. From a lot of what people are talking about CD is not going to do well on a BPA board, but because of the safety need in the league AND the total lack of any talent behind him, he could be a need pick for about 20 teams. On a straight BPA draft I bet he'd fall into the second round.

It's such a hard position to evaluate. And the NFL really has a lack of even decent free safeties. I wasn't a big Vacarro fan last year (and was wrong) but I like him better than Clinton-Dix or Pryor

ShaneB

Yeah. Totally sucks. I'd post in the NHL thread, but that place is overflowing with toque wearers.

I love my Seahawks toque!

Also, from http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap2000000324366/Seahawks-personnel-strategy

dXCsbvI.png

Also, the lady in this video, whose name I forget, sure is looking lovely.

Farooq

Banned
Actually I think it's sort of the opposite. From a lot of what people are talking about CD is not going to do well on a BPA board, but because of the safety need in the league AND the total lack of any talent behind him, he could be a need pick for about 20 teams. On a straight BPA draft I bet he'd fall into the second round.

I just saw him ranked pretty high on a lot boards, and assumed he would be ranked high on most teams boards.

"at least 6 weeks" mfw, pretty sure he aint playing for months lol . stroke and got a small hole in his hear wallt?

I had a love/hate relationship with the Tanger of late, but I didn't want the dude to have a stroke. That's awful and freaky for a guy so young. Hope he pulls through 100%.

Farooq

Banned
Ranked highly or being picked highly in mocks? Because I have seen the later, not really the former.

Ranked high. I know mocks mean very little.

Edit: The rankings I saw were before the senior bowl. So obviously a lot has changed since then, but after a quick google search it seems CBS has him at 20, Walter Football has him at 16 and SI has him at 15.

And yet I would trade up to get him. That's how important even having a glimmer of hope at that position is to me at this point.
I won't be shocked if they ignore safety in early rounds.

I think they'll look for a DT in the 1st and either a TE or OLB in the 2nd.

I would be totally fine if they moved up in the 1st to get Mosley and then another LB in the 2nd.

I won't be shocked if they ignore safety to be honest.

I think they'll look for a DT in the 1st and either a TE or OLB in the 2nd.

Are they really not going to resign Raji? Eagles desperately need a big guy for the DL but I assume he will ask for a bunch of money because of the NFCCG against the Bears.

Are they really not going to resign Raji? Eagles desperately need a big guy for the DL but I assume he will ask for a bunch of money because of the NFCCG against the Bears.
They offered Raji $8m a year and that fat ass moron turned it down.

If I am Ted Thompson, that guy is fucking dead to me.

So embarrassing . He never has heard of the guy, watches one day of games, and now has him as his top QB. I get that some NFL media only start covering draft stuff after the season ends, but don't go around acting like an expert. No idea why this guy is doing radio hits
Pats pick him in 6th round. History repeats itself. Suicide rates increase.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Still a weak ban, though, even if I can see how it happened. It remains true that we Americans like to pat ourselves on the back over small victories instead of tackling the big issues (inequality in the justice system, de facto segregation, etc), but that's really close to a "who cares?" so the point has to be made properly.

I'm glad even an ex-mod is seeing this haha.

As I get older (I'm 32) I get less and less upset about stuff like that. Was it poorly thought out? Yes. Was it malicious? Doubtful. Like you said, there are real actual issues that deserve outrage. I imagine bionic is probably of the same mind but he should know better than to go into the OT with that attitude. I treat the OT like I would any other group of strangers in life...avoid race, religion, and politics.

Except gators. I'm racist against gators.

P.S. Yes he wants Nata money so $10-12m.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllll

My god BJ Raji played in all 16 games last year, 12 tackles, 5 assisted tackles, 0 ff, sacks, ints, fr. I dont think I have ever seen so many zeros on a stat line. At least he will be fresh for who ever signs him next year. guy probably never even broke a sweat last year.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
My god BJ Raji played in all 16 games last year, 12 tackles, 5 assisted tackles, 0 ff, sacks, ints, fr. I dont think I have ever seen so many zeros on a stat line. At least he will be fresh for who ever signs him next year. guy probably never even broke a sweat last year.

Raji sweats taking a shit.

Colasante

Dennard and Dix are both stretches as 1st round talent goes.

I have to disagree on Darqueze Dennard. I think he's definitely a first round talent, at least from the games I've seen him play in. He obviously wasn't covering NFL receivers, but he provided blanket coverage. I don't think he'd be a bad pick even for Detroit at 10.

Nakazato

P.S. Yes he wants Nata money so $10-12m.
Ngata won't have ngata. This year I'm sure that pay cut is coming.

I don't like any of the safeties In the 1st and only gilbert seems like a 1st round CB.

As far a wr

Watkins
Evans
Lee
Beckham
Matthews

Are all 1st round talents

Tho I wouldn't touch Benjamin or Evans (has bust all over him)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm glad even an ex-mod is seeing this haha.

As I get older (I'm 32) I get less and less upset about stuff like that. Was it poorly thought out? Yes. Was it malicious? Doubtful. Like you said, there are real actual issues that deserve outrage. I imagine bionic is probably of the same mind but he should know better than to go into the OT with that attitude. I treat the OT like I would any other group of strangers in life...avoid race, religion, and politics.

Except gators. I'm racist against gators.
I'm not letting the school off the hook here, though. You don't run an institution of learning and be that dumb. Of course, that also ties into our insistence on treating teachers like shit then wondering why we don't get the results we'd like.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=51499641&postcount=831

2013 NFL Mock Draft. NFL GAF was low on QBs last year, as Geno Smith (heh) was the only QB taken in the first.

QB Geno Smith, DE Tank Carradine, WR Keenan Allen, DE Damontre Moore, DT Jonathan Hankins, WR Justin Hunter, TE Zach Ertz, and LB Arthur Brown were all overdrafted. Only three OT's were taken. 5 DTs, 6 DE, 3 CB, 4 LB, 2 TE, 5 WR, 1 S, 2 G, and 1 QB. Zero Running Backs were drafted in the mock.

By order of Priority (highest to lowest)

1. Defensive End
T/2. Defensive Tackle/Wide Reciever
4. Linebacker
T/5. Offensive Tackle/Cornerback
T/7. Offensive Guard/Tight End
T/9. Quarterback/Safety

jakncoke

Banned

Aaron Maybin and Vernon Gholston come to mind

As much as i'd love to shit on Raji it's not the Nose Tackles job to get tackles and sacks in a Capers 3-4. It's to free up the Linebackers to do their job and to blow up the run. What the NT does often doesn't show up on a stat sheet.

That said the Packers LBs sucked ass and the team was awful against the run so that falls on Raji.

edit: in the Steelers 2008 season in which they had a dominant defensive performance, Casey Hampton played 13 games and had 22 tackles, 1 sack, and 1 PD.

eznark

Banned
As much as i'd love to shit on Raji it's not the Nose Tackles job to get tackles and sacks in a Capers 3-4. It's to free up the Linebackers to do their job and to blow up the run. What the NT does often doesn't show up on a stat sheet.

That said the Packers LBs sucked ass and the team was awful against the run so that falls on Raji.

How dare Raji not have interceptions

jakncoke

Banned
reading the thread deac linked. Mastershake got banned at some point? man i feel like the other sports threads are hiring hitman to take us out

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This Hernandez stuff always leaves me baffled... I just can't wrap my head around what's going through his head right now.

eznark

Banned
http://boston.sportsthenandnow.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Patriots-Vince-Wilfork-runs-after-interception-in-Oakland-California.jpg[/IMG

How dare he, indeed. Fat men still have hands.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIimJZhMs5c"]liar[/URL]

Tamanon

Banned
Be careful out there fellows, blood is already in the water. Any one of us could be a snitch.

Also, Jags looking at resigning Henne. Not too upset about it for backup money, since we have the cap room and we'll be drafting a rook.

Farooq

Banned
So...When does GAF do a mock? Do we come up with a board as well with our own scouting based on what we see at the combine and youtube videos? I always wondered what it was like to be Jerry Jones, and now I get to live it.

Cashman and I have a lot work ahead of us.

So...When does GAF do a mock? Do we come up with a board as well with our own scouting based on what we see at the combine and youtube videos? I always wondered what it was like to be Jerry Jones, and now I get to live it!

Cashman and I have a lot work ahead of us.

No doubt you will do a better job then Jerry.

Draxal

Awesome, picking mine up later today!! Did you end up playing the demo, some stuff carries over I think but I dont remember what exactly

Up to 20 villagers, and you get item rewards if you beat all the bosses. The 20 villagers is actually really helpful in the beginning.

And yeah, I'm loving the game so far, its a good old school game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom