• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Watt supports the team that buys championships using Soviet oil money.

Time to take another look at his citizenship status

Hazard2.gif

I have a lot of options. Might even just move in with a friend or get another roommate and just keep saving a bit more.
I didnt have the information on hand immediately to set up an appointment but I was told that to buy in the city limits, I need to make a 3.5% down payment with FHA, which I can manage. If I buy out of city I can get into a house for no down payment, but I would have to do without gigabit fiber and I dont want to give up such a precious thing.

3.5 is good, of course if you can afford to give more you definitely should. Avoid 0 down unless you're getting something really cheap. You always want to lower the total you're being financed. I assume you're a first time buyer right? Are you buying to keep or will you sell within a few years? Also I would avoid an ARM loan but with FHA at least it'll stay within a 1% interest change per year so it wouldn't affect you too much.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Packers' Letroy Guion to appeal 3-game suspension by NFL

Letroy Guion has been suspended for the first three games of the regular season for his offseason arrest, but the Green Bay Packers defensive tackle is planning to appeal.

According to a source, Guion was notified of the three-game ban this week, and his agent and lawyers immediately began preparing their appeal. The NFL does not announce suspensions until the appeal process has been completed, according to league spokesman Greg Aiello.

i

cajunator

Banned
3.5 is good, of course if you can afford to give more you definitely should. Avoid 0 down unless you're getting something really cheap. You always want to lower the total you're being financed. I assume you're a first time buyer right? Are you buying to keep or will you sell within a few years? Also I would avoid an ARM loan but with FHA at least it'll stay within a 1% interest change per year so it wouldn't affect you too much.

Ive heard to avoid ARM because while it can be lower annually it can also rise significantly. Would go with a fixed rate mortgage.
Right now, this would be a pretty permanent move. I dont intend to leave Lafayette if I dont have to.

Ive heard to avoid ARM because while it can be lower annually it can also rise significantly. Would go with a fixed rate mortgage.
Right now, this would be a pretty permanent move. I dont intend to leave Lafayette if I dont have to.

If I remember correctly it can only raise or lower 1% per year and a max of 5% for the terms of the loan, still a fixed rate would be the best. I don't know what the prices are out there but is there any chance you could find something nice and do like a 15-20 year fixed rate loan?

Godslay

Banned

Conventional is still the best if you can afford it.

FHA is also a good option with some restrictions.

Always fixed rate too.

Make sure you set aside some cash though to move in. Always something that comes up.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The Dolphins keep going on and on about how great we used to be :( at least the cheerleaders post good stuff and they got a new website! :D

The Bills Twitter is just the saddest. "Congratulations to Kevin Turkleton, who turns 39 today! Turkleton is the 2nd best cleat cleaner in NYC!"

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Buffalo Bills ‏@buffalobills 13s13 seconds ago

Happy birthday to former Bills safety and current Bills gameday radio color analyst, Mark Kelso!

cajunator

Banned
Conventional is still the best if you can afford it.

FHA is also a good option with some restrictions.

Always fixed rate too.

Make sure you set aside some cash though to move in. Always something that comes up.

I have about 20k on hand at the moment. Thats not much but its something.
Id like to not have to put that much down of course. I need some for emergencies and day to day expenses. If I can put down maybe 10k that would be nice.

I have about 20k on hand at the moment. Thats not much but its something.
Id like to not have to put that much down of course. I need some for emergencies and day to day expenses. If I can put down maybe 10k that would be nice.

10k isn't bad, but what are the ranges you're looking at?

The Bills Twitter is just the saddest. "Congratulations to Kevin Turkleton, who turns 39 today! Turkleton is the 2nd best cleat cleaner in NYC!"

Buffalo Bills ‏@buffalobills 13s13 seconds ago

Happy birthday to former Bills safety and current Bills gameday radio color analyst, Mark Kelso!

:jnc

Let's face it, the cheerleaders draw a bigger crowd at this point

Yeah :( not that I mind too much

cajunator

Banned
10k isn't bad, but what are the ranges you're looking at?

:jnc

Yeah :( not that I mind too much

Like 160k or thereabouts. Im single. I dont need a big house.
Also you can get a pretty decent house for that much.
180k is probably a sweet spot.
I dont make high salary so thats about the upper limit I would go.

Like 160k or thereabouts. Im single. I dont need a big house.
Also you can get a pretty decent house for that much.
180k is probably a sweet spot.
I dont make high salary so thats about the upper limit I would go.

That's really good then, I'm lucky to find anything decent under 500k :/

jbug617

Banned
Top ten sellers in NFL according to the NFLPA

In an offseason during which Tom Brady was suspended for his alleged role in Deflategate, merchandise sales related to the New England Patriots quarterback have been the highest in the NFL, according to a list released Thursday by NFL Players Inc., the marketing arm of the players' union.

Colin Kaepernick of the San Francisco 49ers, Russell Wilson of the Seattle Seahawks, Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints and Peyton Manning of the Denver Broncos.

Brady finished first for the quarter in sales of figurines (Oyo), wall posters (Fathead), bobbleheads (Forever Collectibles) and hats (Lids). He finished second in the league in jersey sales over that time period, behind only Wilson.

Wilson also sold more licensed products in the children's space, while Kaepernick had the best sales among women's apparel.

Rounding out the top 10 most successfully licensed NFL players from March to May: Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt, Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman, New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. and two quarterbacks from the 2015 draft class -- Marcus Mariota of the Tennessee Titans and Jameis Winston of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

WedgeX

Banned
Brady should have no suspension.

#FreeBrady

....He's not in jail, you know.

I mean, his soul may be imprisoned in the basement of Bob Kraft's home but he signed the paperwork so I don't think its so much of a "prison" than it is a warehouse.

Line_HTX

Top ten sellers in NFL according to the NFLPA

Russell sells more jerseys than Brady. What a good, honest guy.

The ladies like Kaepernicking?

CIKGuuXWUAAPWgn.jpg:large

They have terrible tastes. It has to be the tattoos and the Squidward face.

Colin fucking Kapernick best selling amongst women?! Why do they always have to go for the "bad boy". Jason Witten should be #1.

EWW, no, Witten's awful as well. They should go for Russell instead. XD

Top Bottom