• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

You're :kasing too hard. That fall is going to hurt a lot more now.
Eh, sure. The point is the roster is loaded and there aren't as many "ifs" as usual. What separates an 8-8 team from one that can make a run at the Owl? A lot COULD go wrong but who knows if it will, thus I think they've got a shot.

I'm worried about you. ); Everything okay? Did you snap?

I might have :(

Eh, sure. The point is the roster is loaded and there aren't as many "ifs" as usual. What separates an 8-8 team from one that can make a run at the Owl? A lot COULD go wrong but who knows if it will, thus I think they've got a shot.

Honestly if we keep injuries down we should have a shot at the playoffs and then the owl. We have 0 depth outside of DT.

Spinluck

All they need is your bday? It don't share anything else. You could join a group of people on GAF to split the cost for a year.

I would let friends and family use it, but idk about some gaffers/strangers, too suspect.

I do the student discount and think it's a pretty good deal since I buy so much shit from that goddamn site.

The Bears used to be my most hated team. But after that playoff game it's the Cowboys.

(that being said I hated that they got fucked over by that shitty not-a-catch call...)

Honestly if we keep injuries down we should have a shot at the playoffs and then the owl. We have 0 depth outside of DT.
I think there is a lot of youth that could probably do a decent enough job if their number is called. We thought LB depth was a problem last year and then Jenkins came out of nowhere to lead the team in tackles. I think overall the roster is much deeper than it has been in recent years outside of the OL and maybe the CB's.

OL is easily the biggest concern. A lot is going to be riding on young unproven guys like Turner, Thomas, Fox, and Douglas. Suh had better whip those OG's asses into shape in a hurry.

Reasons for optimism:

Offense:

1. Tannehill's second year in Lazor's offense combined with the growth he has shown thus far and his trajectory
2. New WR corps that is young, dynamic, and fits the offense better
3. Lamar Miller coming into his prime
4. Dion Sims continued growth plus the addition of Jordan Cameron (better than a hurt Charles Clay)
5. Ju'Wuan James continued growth along with Pouncey's return to health and playing C

Defense:

1. Suh, Wake, Mitchell, Vernon, Fede, Phillips... can you say stacked?
2. Jenkins coming into his prime, Misi returning to OLB (possibly), more young guys growing
3. Will Davis and Jamar Taylor FINALLY being healthy, Grimes continuing to be Grimes, Rashad Jones coming off a fantastic year and not starting the season suspended, addition of McCain

LET THE HYPE CONSUME YOU, CHRISTOPHER

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Lunch time!

Spicy miso ramen with roasted pork.

Woot.

gol15.jpg

Line_HTX

Jerry Jones hopes no one gets hurt from all the brawling.

Can't have that. You need everyone healthy for the worst plays in December. =D

gutshot

Important Eagles update...

Eliot Shorr-Parks ‏@EliotShorrParks 21m21 minutes ago
The #Eagles played a ton of Meek today after playing "Back 2 Back" yesterday. A noticeable amount. #TeamMeek

You never tried that before?

Nah, sadly I live a little too above NYC to get anything but Americanized Chinese (though I have a really good Nepalese place nearby) and Habachi places within 10 miles of me. Luckily my college is right next to a super high Asian populated town, though I mostly just get Korean or Japanese from the food court.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Nah, sadly I live a little too above NYC to get anything but Americanized Chinese (though I have a really good Nepalese place nearby) and Habachi places within 10 miles of me. Luckily my college is right next to a super high Asian populated town, though I mostly just get Korean or Japanese from the food court.

Best Chinese food in the US is in California anyway. ;P

MechDX

I am not sure who you are friend but do you REALLY want us to start posting gifs from this game lol

3 and a half quarters we pounded the Seahawks.....then the Schaub Meltdown began. :(

You get a pick 6 and you get a pick 6! EVERYONE gets a pick 6!

I like to feel we were the catalyst for your Super Bowl run. You're welcome Rando.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that Elam will miss the 2015 season after tearing his biceps during a full contact practice on Sunday, per a source informed of the situation. Elam is seeking a second opinion, but the safety needs surgery to repair his injury.

#Pray4blarry

I think there is a lot of youth that could probably do a decent enough job if their number is called. We thought LB depth was a problem last year and then Jenkins came out of nowhere to lead the team in tackles. I think overall the roster is much deeper than it has been in recent years outside of the OL and maybe the CB's.

OL is easily the biggest concern. A lot is going to be riding on young unproven guys like Turner, Thomas, Fox, and Douglas. Suh had better whip those OG's asses into shape in a hurry.

Reasons for optimism:

Offense:

1. Tannehill's second year in Lazor's offense combined with the growth he has shown thus far and his trajectory
2. New WR corps that is young, dynamic, and fits the offense better
3. Lamar Miller coming into his prime
4. Dion Sims continued growth plus the addition of Jordan Cameron (better than a hurt Charles Clay)
5. Ju'Wuan James continued growth along with Pouncey's return to health and playing C

Defense:

1. Suh, Wake, Mitchell, Vernon, Fede, Phillips... can you say stacked?
2. Jenkins coming into his prime, Misi returning to OLB (possibly), more young guys growing
3. Will Davis and Jamar Taylor FINALLY being healthy, Grimes continuing to be Grimes, Rashad Jones coming off a fantastic year and not starting the season suspended, addition of McCain

LET THE HYPE CONSUME YOU, CHRISTOPHER

You do make some valid points, McCain has been doing really well at CB both inside and outside. That rookie guard (Forgot his name) has also been getting more 1st team reps and seems to have the left guard spot locked if he wants it. But I don't know if I'd trust them to carry the team into the playoffs if we suffer injuries to the starters.

Top Bottom