• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

That's funny, I started watching it too this weekend and laughed when I saw that montage.

How the hell do me and Brady share birthdays and first names??!

Anyway, old NFL-GAF checking in here. Turning 39 today. Jesus H. Christ time flies youngins. Time indeed flies.
Happy Birthday

Line_HTX

Good morning, y'all~!

Uhh... Okay, Vikings twitter.
Didn't know they liked Piccolo.

I don't know why, but every time I see Sanjuro's avatar it looks like the appropriate face and greyness of the picture of getting got.

I'm an auditor for the government

Yep. Usually in Angleton or thereabouts though. Not sure if we do one in Alvin or not.

Dang, you're far south lol. Do you pass through Sugar Land?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Good morning, y'all~!

Uhh... Okay, Vikings twitter.
Didn't know they liked Piccolo.

I don't know why, but every time I see Sanjuro's avatar it looks like the appropriate face and greyness of the picture of getting got.

Dang, you're far south lol. Do you pass through Sugar Land?

I don't live there or anything. I'm in the Northwest part of Houston.

My jurisdiction is basically all over Texas. Like a few weeks ago I was in Amarillo.

MechDX

Did you visit the Cadillac ranch?

Better question is did he try the 72oz. steak challenge?

OrFEPkt.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I got like a 22oz sirloin and it was actually way better than I expected since I had heard kinda middling things about it.

They also have their own craft beers which were pretty decent. I'd recommend it for anyone visiting that area for sure. Fair warning, it's the most Texan thing I've seen in this state.

Line_HTX

The Eagles are DEAD to me.

Brady lied, people died. Happy birthday, and get that long hair back.
SMOrc

I got like a 22oz sirloin and it was actually way better than I expected since I had heard kinda middling things about it.

They also have their own craft beers which were pretty decent. I'd recommend it for anyone visiting that area for sure. Fair warning, it's the most Texan thing I've seen in this state.

Most Texan thing? Deep in the heart?

Playing in a fantasy league for the first time, any tips for a newbie other than grabbing an elite RB or QB with your first pick? Also, what lists do you guys trust the most for fantasy rankings?

Rule Number 1: Take Gronk in the first and take shit running backs way too late. That's how I roll

Bread

Banned
Didn't realize Rare Replay comes out tomorrow. Shit
get it! i've got it preloaded and i've been playing a ton of perfect dark lately. it aged surprisingly well when you look past the dumb AI. shooting people in the face never felt so good!

jbug617

Banned
The city of St.Louis doesn't need voter approval to give public money to help build a new stadium for the Rams.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_51c33b67-9b72-5055-ba56-94cc9e1b46e2.html

The construction of a riverfront football stadium does not need voter approval in the city before using city tax dollars, a judge ruled on Monday.

St. Louis Circuit Court Judge Thomas Frawley declared invalid the city ordinance requiring a public vote. Moreover, Frawley ruled, the placement of the new stadium, along the riverfront just north of downtown, does not break a state law requiring the building to be “adjacent” to the convention center — it is close enough, he wrote.

Pepiope

Jimmy Kempski ‏@JimmyKempski 30m30 minutes ago
Bradford isn't nimble by any stretch right now, but there's a significant improvement from how he looked in OTAs.

Encouraging news!

So Rams stay put, Raiders and Chargers move to LA.

Rams aren't staying, Kroenke doesn't get them if he isn't sending them to LA

Which means we're now at the fun stage where we see St Louis piss off their citizens by building a stadium without their approval, make them pay for it anyway, and then watch nobody play in it for years after they've already paid for it

j-wood

I'm so excited that, judging by the OTA reports, the Titans finally seem to have a QB that can be accurate throwing the football.

I'm so hopeful the young/locker years of footballs sailing past or to the side of wide open receivers is over.

Line_HTX

Texans' second-year nose tackle Louis Nix III went to the Methodist Training Center possibly because of heat-related issues.

I like the suffix in the name.

This town needs to be underwater again. XP

Bread should be burnt toast.

I'm so excited that, judging by the OTA reports, the Titans finally seem to have a QB that can be accurate throwing the football.

I'm so hopeful the young/locker years of footballs sailing past or to the side of wide open receivers is over.
I was thinking about this earlier, it's amazing how far accuracy can get you in the NFL, especially if you combine it with someone who is cool under pressure and makes good decisions. Just look at Cam Newton and Peyton Manning. I don't mean to pick on Cam too much as I believe he's a solid QB who could get better but I think most would agree he is not in the same tier as Peyton. Now why is that? Cam is certainly the better athlete; he's faster, stronger, bigger, younger, more dynamic, and he has a stronger arm. The only thing Peyton has on him is smarts and accuracy, yet that's enough to make him the better QB by a fairly large margin. Accuracy is absolutely huge in the NFL. The windows are too small for a QB to succeed without it.

I think Mariota has a lot of potential, and certainly more than a lot of these guys you see come out with huge arms and middling accuracy.

Top Bottom