• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

bionic77

My four year old had surgery today. Is there age appropriate content on the Wii U so I can justify buying one for
(me to play Mario Kart on)
her?
Pretty sure all Nintendo games are ok for her.

Hope your kid is doing well.

Being in the hospital is the worst. I always get depressed when I see kids in the hospital. I remember this one girl has her bar-mitzvah in the hospital (she had cancer). That bummed me out for a week.

Greg

:jnc

It was a valiant effort. You made gata proud.
:jnc

that punt I didn't meant to do a fake (plays selection screen being stacked vertically messes me up), and I had some terrible reads, but COME ON MADDEN!

random fumble on the return, Wilson with 8 years in the pocket and untouchable even with a spy when he escaped, and another fumble on the big play of my redemption drive

Thanks all. It wasn't a big deal, just an umbilical hernia, but they put her under and she's feeling shitty now.

You don't have to move for WiiU? It can be played with a controller? She played Mario Kart at Target before and actually finished a few laps, but I couldn't tell if the car was turning due to the analog stick or the whole controller, because she was turning both.

HylianTom

Banned
Thanks all. It wasn't a big deal, just an umbilical hernia, but they put her under and she's feeling shitty now.

You don't have to move for WiiU? It can be played with a controller? She played Mario Kart at Target before and actually finished a few laps, but I couldn't tell if the car was turning due to the analog stick or the whole controller, because she was turning both.

The default control scheme for Mario Kart 8 is non-motion-based.

:lol

What about the 4 year old?

Dude, kids bounce back from stress, it's the parents that suffer.

For example, my wife had meningitis when she was a kid, went deaf in one ear, and says she barely remembers it. Her mom says it was the most traumatic experience of her life and she still has nightmares about it.

cajunator

Banned
8600 gallons burning. Damn. Who got the marshmellows, graham cracker and chocolates

It was going to a store in Covington.
The gps indicated the truck crashed around 4:30 and it went offline (the qualcomm burned up too)
Truck wasnt overloaded. 8600 is below legal weight. We cut it back a couple years ago.

Dragon

Banned
Dude, kids bounce back from stress, it's the parents that suffer.

For example, my wife had meningitis when she was a kid, went deaf in one ear, and says she barely remembers it. Her mom says it was the most traumatic experience of her life and she still has nightmares about it.

It could just as easily be that people don't remember things when they were a kid as well. I mean I was stung by 11 hornets at once one Halloween and I don't remember anything about it. Because I was like six. :) That doesn't mean it's not traumatic though. I mean hell look at how I turned out. I don't like MK! MK!!!!

Vyer

It could just as easily be that people don't remember things when they were a kid as well. I mean I was stung by 11 hornets at once one Halloween and I don't remember anything about it. Because I was like six. :) That doesn't mean it's not traumatic though. I mean hell look at how I turned out. I don't like MK! MK!!!!

i didn't know hornet stings could make you a playstation fanboy. :p

(all the best to your kid, Larry!)

bionic77

Yeah I barely remember or think about a lot of good and bad shit from when I was a kid or teen.

Could be that I have a defective memory or that shit fades over time.

Vyer

I can't remember stuff like my school classes/teachers. Any of them, even through high school and college. I can barely remember what I did on a daily basis like 5-7 years ago. :- /

I always thought that was weird because it seems like everyone else can remember all that shit.

See the hornets were actually Sony bots that injects nano bots into Dragon body.

Japanese technology is so advanced

bionic77

I can't remember stuff like my school classes/teachers. Any of them, even through high school and college. I can barely remember what I did on a daily basis like 5-7 years ago. :- /

I always thought that was weird because it seems like everyone else can remember all that shit.
You only remember that shit if you think about it.

Most people move on.

Bowser

Browser go get yo school again.

Carolina Way has gone to shit.

P.S. Hope your daughter feels better BLarry

Eh from IC Premium sounds like the whole thing is overblown and the kid has been at practice with his family's blessing.

According to the admin of IC:

"what multiple sources described as an alleged group assault"

I have heard no one the last three weeks describe it as that, and I say that knowing the details of how this situation developed

sRwtk.jpg

ShaneB

I have a terrible memory as well, so I can understand. Don't remember much at all about my childhood, which speaks volumes I guess.

Glad to hear everything is ok with your daughter BLarry and a speedy recovery. You sound like a great Dad!

bionic77

I am hoping for 10 wins, a bullshit SB run with a ton of luck, and Haley being hired as the head coach of the Patriots.

This is my dream scenario.

Vyer

You only remember that shit if you think about it.

Most people move on.

I can't even do that. It's all bits and pieces. A lot of my longtime friends can remember all (or most) our elementary school teachers, for example.

I only remember one, and that's probably because she threw a kid into a wall.

bionic77

I'm hoping for 19-0.

Go hard or go home.
Good teams winning it all is an anomaly. I expect things to return to form this year. Especially as none of the "experts" are expecting it.

Maybe we get our first 7-9 SB champion this year? Maybe it is the Steelers? 7 wins and 7 rings. Makes sense to me!

I am prepared for a worse season than last year. Will Flacco prove me wrong?
Nope!

On a positive note, I am ready for the arrival of CJ Moseley.

Can I go full :kas and proclaim the Raiders as the next superbowl champs?

#Luckyfiwebreakeven2014

Man sucks that DJ Hayden is on the PUP.

Yeah it was supposed to be a deadline decision, my guess is they didn't see him recovering or the guys behind him on the depth chart are playing well enough that it doesn't really faze them.

MRSA

Banned
Can I go full :kas and proclaim the Raiders as the next superbowl champs?

#Luckyfiwebreakeven2014

Yeah it was supposed to be a deadline decision, my guess is they didn't see him recovering or the guys behind him on the depth chart are playing well enough that it doesn't really faze them.

Well I rather not rush him back into play, our DB situation right now is really terrible. Turdell Brown is awful and so is his friend Carlos Rogers. Chimdi Chekwa somehow seen the light and is actually a servicable DB now. It's gonna be Chekwa and Brown on the outside with Rogers in the slot. TJ Carrie will come in as relief and on dime packages. Nico Thorpe is apparently playing well, but I expect him to be cut when DJ comes back. Taiwan Jones makes the roster due to being a special teams ace

Well I rather not rush him back into play, our DB situation right now is really terrible. Turdell Brown is awful and so is his friend Carlos Rogers. Chimdi Chekwa somehow seen the light and is actually a servicable DB now. It's gonna be Chekwa and Brown on the outside with Rogers in the slot. TJ Carrie will come in as relief and on dime packages. Nico Thorpe is apparently playing well, but I expect him to be cut when DJ comes back.

Yeah, it doesn't help that our Pass Rush couldn't provide any support either.

Some of the fantasy football names I am currently using for teams:

Super DeMario Bros.
Not Harvin' It
Randall Cobb Salad
The Lucky Skittle Brigade
Tony Romo Shot My Dog
Giovani's Pizza (tentative title, local pizza chain)

And an awesome league dedicated to a special player:

Russell Wilson's Step Ladder

I even dedicated a league name to jaguars owner Shahid Khan called "The Wrath of Khan".

I'm so damn clever.

Bread

Banned
Some of the fantasy football names I am currently using for teams:

Super DeMario Bros.
Not Harvin' It
Randall Cobb Salad
The Lucky Skittle Brigade
Tony Romo Shot My Dog
Giovani's Pizza (tentative title, local pizza chain)

And an awesome league dedicated to a special player:

Russell Wilson's Step Ladder

I even dedicated a league name to jaguars owner Shahid Khan called "The Wrath of Khan".

I'm so damn clever.
I can safely say that none of those names comes even close to "Gay 4 Garopollo".

Top Bottom