• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Gobias

Banned
To be fair I don't expect him to do much for the first few years of his career with EJ Manuel throwing him the football.

Maybe, but Gordon still had a great season with Weeden and JCamp throwing him the ball. He probably won't light it up his first couple years, but he still needs to show something and I'm sure he will. It does seem like a pretty good receiving core is being wasted with EJ though.

jakncoke

Banned
raw jicama = ick.. is there ways to make it taste better? my brother bought it and according to some articles its commonly eaten raw with salt and olive oil. did not make it taste better.

JABEE

BuOU7siIAAAhayW.jpg

Im really starting to hate all national media

:jnc

Wait, is that just one of their prediction shows? They weren't suggesting this based off last night.

jakncoke

Banned
You mean the football field? What high school has a practice and game field? PEACE.

A lot do specially for programs that are more serious about football aka down in Texas and stuff, my hs did because they didnt want to wear down the turf too much because it already was like 100k a year maintenance fee

Wait what? I know you're kidding, but did Cam hint he would like to play for Dallas or something?

The general manager of the Dallas Cowboys NFL franchise Jerral Wayne Jones Sr. will extend a written contract to Cameron Jerrell Newton, NFL Quarterback, promising him 250 million United States dollars and a laptop in exchange for Newton's playing on Jones Sr.' team.

Salary cap be damned, Jerry will find a way.

Serious note: No, Cam hasn't made overtures towards the Cowboys. But he's going to want to get paid somewhere. And Carolina is still slightly broke.

ShaneB

I drive as if everyone on the road is a fucking idiot.
This is the only way you should drive.

There are 3 rules of the road that cause every single accident.

1. People drive too fast.
2. People drive too close to each other.
3. People are too distracted.

Drives me crazy when I drive to and from work and see insanity daily. It's amazing the fears some people have when just being on the roads and being alive is a god damn miracle for most people.

Colasante

Last two years, Andy Dalton has 9 games with QB Rating >100 and 3+ TDs. Andrew Luck has one. Not saying, just sayin'...

I'd choose a one-legged Andrew Luck to quarterback my team before Andy Dalton, but I found this interesting nonetheless.

cajunator

Banned
There are 3 rules of the road that cause every single accident.

1. People drive too fast.
2. People drive too close to each other.
3. People are too distracted.

Drives me crazy when I drive to and from work and see insanity daily. It's amazing the fears some people have when just being on the roads and being alive is a god damn miracle for most people.

This is why I10 between Lafayette and Baton rouge is the most dangerous stretch of roadway in america.
there is a serious accident literally every day (and I have to divert trucks all the time because of it)
The Atchafalaya Basin bridge goes over the swamp and the lanes are narrow. the bridge itself is 18 miles long (continuous)

zychi

Banned
The general manager of the Dallas Cowboys NFL franchise Jerral Wayne Jones Sr. will extend a written contract to Cameron Jerrell Newton, NFL Quarterback, promising him 250 million United States dollars and a laptop in exchange for Newton's playing on Jones Sr.' team.

Serious note: No, Cam hasn't made overtures towards the Cowboys. But he's going to want to get paid somewhere. And Carolina is still slightly broke.

OAK or NYJ before DAL

Farooq

Banned

Oh. I read someone joking about Cam to Dallas in another thread, and I never found the source of the joke.

Pimpwerx

A lot do specially for programs that are more serious about football aka down in Texas and stuff, my hs did because they didnt want to wear down the turf too much because it already was like 100k a year maintenance fee
Well damn. I bet some Florida schools do too. I thought we were spoiled with track, football, baseball and softball fields, batting cages, tennis courts and indoor and outdoor ball courts. But if you have a practice field, you probably have all that shit and a pool too. LOL. Some people don't realize how serious football is in the south. PEACE.

ShaneB

Redskins and Pats practice today got 21K attendance.
https://twitter.com/MikeJonesWaPo/status/496412509612421120

And Packers sold out one of their practices. PRACTICE! SOLD OUT!

Crazy.

This is why I10 between Lafayette and Baton rouge is the most dangerous stretch of roadway in america.
there is a serious accident literally every day (and I have to divert trucks all the time because of it)
The Atchafalaya Basin bridge goes over the swamp and the lanes are narrow. the bridge itself is 18 miles long (continuous)

Yeah, sad to say there are no doubt many dangerous stretches of road like that.

squicken

Steelers coaches and players expect JFF to start week 1, as do I. Mark Kay reported Gordon could wait 1 to 3 weeks for word on appeal

"I'm expecting Manziel to be the starter," Steelers defensive coordinator LeBeau told cleveland.com Monday. "That's what I'm expecting. What he did in college is not an accident. He did it often enough against good teams.

"I think he is going to be a handful for all of us. You watch all his games and he created plays, he made plays, he kept plays alive. He has the ability to see people and the touch with the football to get it in there late in the down. I think he will be successful at this level."

LeBeau isn't alone. Alan Robinson of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review tweeted Monday that he has yet to speak with a Steelers player who believes Manziel will not be under center in the season opener.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...nziel-to-start-in-week-1?campaign=Twitter_atl

Steelers coaches and players expect JFF to start week 1, as do I. Mark Kay reported Gordon could wait 1 to 3 weeks for word on appeal
I'm starting to think he might start week one too, after the scrimmage it made me think it'll be hard to keep him off the field. Browns fans definitely have an inflated sense of what Hoyer is also.

I think all of this is leading to RG3 vs Manziel Monday night football with Gruden just gushing.

MechDX

Johnny Manziel would be a hero to Mech if the Texans drafted him. He would start week 1 on the Texans.

Thought I was pretty clear on that topic. Didn't want him and I know this organizations M.O. They would NEVER draft him. Same reason they wouldn't touch VY

Bread

Banned
I hope Hoyer starts because he deserves it and is a Patriot legend, but I would be pumped to see Manziel out there. I don't think he'll be great, but damn he'll be entertaining every game he plays.

Top Bottom