• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

on last night's game...
I know it's easy and just the preseason but jeez the Giants O-Line looked meh. I can imagine the Lions destroying them on MNF next month. In fact, if we lose to the Giants at home it'll be a sign that this is going to be a long, ugly season.
:kas

We fielded one of the worst offensive lines in football last year.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20131...ecap&menu=gameinfo|contentId:0ap2000000302889

Suh registered an assist. 2 sacks total. In your house with the playoffs on the line after being handed the division. A totally meaningless game for us.

Is hyperbole a disease for Lions fans or something?

This Josh Gordon suspense is driving me crazy.
I hope it will last /wonka

Should know in the next couple days.

Got into a car accident 2 hours ago. Ford explorer changed lanes then slammed on the brakes. Couldn't stop in time. Driver was about 17. My beautiful car is a write off for sure.

Tore my right patella, will need surgery. Weeeee

Shit man, damn kids. Hope you get well soon.

:kas

We fielded one of the worst offensive lines in football last year.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20131...ecap&menu=gameinfo|contentId:0ap2000000302889

Suh registered an assist. 2 sacks total. In your house with the playoffs on the line after being handed the division. A totally meaningless game for us.

Is hyperbole a disease for Lions fans or something?

Against one of the most predictable defenses in the league, if not the most. I think our defense will be a lot better with a decent head coach/scheme/less wide 9. To be fair I also expect the Giants O-Line to be better than it was last year (but not by much).

Guaranteed win, calling it now fellas.

Wes

venison crêpe
@bylindsayhjones · 8m

Interesting that Pettine made #Browns DBs wear boxing-type gloves today. No grabbing allowed after ~3 def holding penalties in scrimmage.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
After spending 11 days battling blood clots in his lungs, former Browns @JasonPinkstonOL is finished with football this year.
Pinkston and the Browns reached a settlement today, and Cleveland now will be releasing him.
This is the second time Pinkston has battled blood clots and Pinkston knows his career is now in jeopardy.
"More than likely I'll have to retire," Pinkston texted this afternoon. "The Browns were great working with me and I would love to thank GM Ray Farmer and Owner Jimmy Haslam for my opportunity here in Cleveland. It's been an honor to be apart of the organization and city."

Per Adam Schefter.

Gobias

Banned
Josh Gordon needs to come back sometime this season or we are fucked. Doesn't matter who's throwing the ball when you got fucking garbage trying to get open. Jordan Cameron can't get every reception

Per Adam Schefter.

Damn that sucks. Hope he can find something to do after football

Not bad at all. Devil's always in the details. Basically a 2-year, $25m contract and then pay as you go with escalators for playoff success. Good deal for both sides.

Ok cool, I just came back from a 7 day cruise (ugh) and only saw the number. I'm behind on so much shit. Ray Rice press conference, PG's leg exploding, etc.

Wes

venison crêpe
@NFL_ATL 2m
Josh Gordon's hearing is now over, a source involved in the meeting told @RapSheet. Ended about an hour ago. #Browns

dog-holding-treats-in-mouth.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Seattle is still in trouble since their boy won a Super Bowl. That's a reality that wasn't going to go away barring catastrophic injury or a horrible, horrible season.

cdyhybrid

Seattle is still in trouble since their boy won a Super Bowl. That's a reality that wasn't going to go away barring catastrophic injury or a horrible, horrible season.

Yeah, he's gonna get a nice payday, but we've already extended a lot of our good players, so his contract won't affect our ability to keep them around.

cdyhybrid

Wussle is going to get a Flacco-bad contract

What makes you think that?

Russell has played well, but it's not like he carries the entire offense like Manning or Brees. The front office knows that, and is going to use it. They'll have the stats to back it up, too.

This is the same front office that built a Super Bowl winner from scratch in 4 seasons, I don't understand why everyone thinks they'll just throw it all away now.

What makes you think that?

Russell has played well, but it's not like he carries the entire offense like Manning or Brees. The front office knows that, and is going to use it. They'll have the stats to back it up, too.

This is the same front office that built a Super Bowl winner from scratch in 4 seasons, I don't understand why everyone thinks they'll just throw it all away now.

Yeah, Ozzie Newsome's track record was total shit going into the Flacco contract, so it makes sense.....oh wait.

As for Josh Gordon......1 year, please.

LJ11

Feel bad for Bengal fans, stuck with Marvin and now this bozo QB. Dalton hasn't progressed at all, there was something there when he was at TCU, but he hasn't progressed very much, still the same QB.

cdyhybrid

Yeah, Ozzie Newsome's track record was total shit going into the Flacco contract, so it makes sense.....oh wait.

Flacco also had an all-time playoff performance and carried that offense in the playoffs
with his ability to convince the refs to throw flags

Russell did neither. He played solidly overall and made some clutch plays, which is generally what he has done his entire time here.

Now, if he goes out and throws for 5000 yards, 50 TDs, and we win the Super Bowl again? I could see him getting a Flacco-esque deal. But I'm not really expecting that.

eznark

Banned
Feel bad for Bengal fans, stuck with Marvin and now this bozo QB. Dalton hasn't progressed at all, there was something there when he was at TCU, but he hasn't progressed very much, still the same QB.

What else were they realistically going to do? They have too much talent to just throw it away on giving McCarron a shot out of the blue.

MechDX

Flacco also had an all-time playoff performance and carried that offense in the playoffs
with his ability to convince the refs to throw flags

Russell did neither. He played solidly overall and made some clutch plays, which is generally what he has done his entire time here.

Now, if he goes out and throws for 5000 yards, 50 TDs, and we win the Super Bowl again? I could see him getting a Flacco-esque deal. But I'm not really expecting that.

You know, I just ran to the store and heard the local sports guys talking about these QB signings. Made me think: what happens if Seattle repeats? Even if Russell is not all world you know his agent will be drooling on himself going into negotiations with a 26 year old, 2 time Super Bowl winning QB in this league.

cdyhybrid

You know, I just ran to the store and heard the local sports guys talking about these QB signings. Made me think: what happens if Seattle repeats? Even if Russell is not all world you know his agent will be drooling on himself going into negotiations with a 26 year old, 2 time Super Bowl winning QB in this league.

Yeah, if we win the Super Bowl again he'll get a fat payday. And he would deserve it.

Top Bottom