• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

suh wouldn't necessarily cripple the lions at that salary but if you give him that salary you basically have to count on rookies in important positions performing at a high level. it's just not realistic to expect. i don't think suh is a game-changing defensive player that you can afford to pay that amount for
I've always thought he's overrated. He's got a great name and that "dirty" reputation. These ancillary things give him more exposure and that extra exposure kinda gives him more hype and people overrate him. I'd rather cut him than pay a big guaranteed contract.

tumblr_m6ha2uyfh71rwcc6bo1_400.gif

suh wouldn't necessarily cripple the lions at that salary but if you give him that salary you basically have to count on rookies in important positions performing at a high level. it's just not realistic to expect. i don't think suh is a game-changing defensive player that you can afford to pay that amount for

No DT is worth 18mil a year. Especially one who disappears as much as Suh does. I think he's a great player, he makes great players but he also disappears and doesn't play smart (barreling to the QB with no care for the RB).

That cap space could get us Revis (not advocating it, just giving an example) or similar secondary help, a backup QB, etc. I think the Lions have drafted well recently (still upset about Ebron though) but we can't rely on that and keep money tied up in three guys.

Been away from the web for awhile, much to comment on. First, saw most of the Steelers preseason game. So many new faces to the team, certainly going to be an interesting transition year. Offense should be pretty good (save for Mike "Awful" Adams), but damn, if anything happens to Ben, they've got chopped liver to replace him and will be screwed. Grad looked pretty bad and Laundry, well......best not to say anything. The defense is probably going to struggle at times, but oddly enough, I think they'll make more of Tomlin's splash plays this year than they have in the past.

So sad about Robin Williams. And Tony Stewart, I don't even know where to begin with that one.

Top Bottom